Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hireling

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Brave_turtle, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Brave_turtle

Brave_turtle IncGamers Member

Hireling

Hi,

I'm plannign to run solo CS in 8 player. I need my merc to be a tank while I kill. Should I wear, Infinity myself and get a barb with multiple amn sword or make a scythe infinity for merc?

Between im a light sorc^^

2. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Act 2 merc, holy freeze, infinity. That's probably the best way to tank. And please don't make it into a scythe. Infinity on anything but an elite ethereal polearm is wasted.

3. Brave_turtle

Brave_turtle IncGamers Member

Scythe for runnign chaos, My merc gets 1 shot KO with my infinity CA

4. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

I don't agree.
    When infinity is made into elite ethereal polearm, and with iron maiden on, your merc will poke himself to death in 1 hit the least, 2 hit the most.
    Although with infinity made in a normal polearm your merc will poke himself to death, but he can stand at least 5 hits, and 10 hits the most. That difference can save your $$.
    And with the conviction you can kill anything anyway. So why bother give him a elite ethereal polearm if you run chaos sanctuary often?

5. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Act 2 merc, holy freeze, infinity. That's probably the best way to tank. And please don't make it into a scythe. Infinity on anything but an elite ethereal polearm is wasted.

I guess we just have to look at why the person would use an Infinity in the first place. In my opinion, the Infinity is to help you break immunities/ lower resists so that you can kill almost everything...and quickly too.

So, seeing how you're going to kill everything AS LONG AS conviction is active, your goal would be to keep the merc alive, rather than try to get him to do more damage, which is negligible to the damage you'll be dishing out.

That being said, the Infinity would still have a purpose/ trade value, since other characters such sorcs/ assassins sometimes choose to wield the polearm themselves.

6. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Never really thought of that. I guess that's probably from me not ever focusing on 1 char, and equip every char with like 1 or 2 HR max.

7. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

That's what I mean, in more detail.
    And also some light sorc use infinity as weapon to duel too, so don't underestimate normal polearm infinity :laugh: