Hireling & Magic Find

KnightRlos

Diabloii.Net Member
Hireling & Magic Find

Hello. I had a question on mfing and my hireling. I have a summoner necro wearing a good deal of mf. My hireling is wearing very little mf gear so he can make kills and stay alive. When my hireling makes the kills does he get my mf or is does he only get the mf from his gear? Thanks for the help.

Kirah

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome to the wild, wild world of the Undead!

The way I understood it is that the merc gets your magic find and his added together. Which is why many players will try to have their high level merc to get the last hit on a boss when MFing.

Good luck and good hunting!
Kirah

ps: Found it! Darnoc's excellent MF guide has this to say "most prominently that mercenary mf will add on to your character's mf when the merc gets a kill- very helpful on boss runs: "

KnightRlos

Diabloii.Net Member
Thank you.

Welcome to the wild, wild world of the Undead!

The way I understood it is that the merc gets your magic find and his added together. Which is why many players will try to have their high level merc to get the last hit on a boss when MFing.

Good luck and good hunting!
Kirah

ps: Found it! Darnoc's excellent MF guide has this to say "most prominently that mercenary mf will add on to your character's mf when the merc gets a kill- very helpful on boss runs: "

Kirah

Diabloii.Net Member
Aminal,

OT: You've got a cool quote!

On topic: So load up your merc with Enigma or Wealth and lots of ITHs and all that b/c we all like to magic find!!

cheers,
Kirah