Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hireling Leveling Question

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by MaStAViC, Sep 28, 2010.

1. MaStAViC

MaStAViC Diabloii.Net Member

Hireling Leveling Question

Hi, I hope you are well.

This is actually a pretty simple question, but I am getting mixed answers.

My girlfriend is planning to get an Act 2 hireling from Nightmare difficulty. Does it matter if she gets the hireling at a low level (e.g. when she is level 25) and level him up, as opposed to getting him when she's at a higher level (e.g. when she's at level 65)? In the past (over half a decade ago) when I played, it would be better if she got him at as low of a level as possible, but with new patches, I am not sure how it works anymore.

Thanks,
    ViC

2. kavlor

kavlor Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Hireling Leveling Question

Best bet is to just hire one as close to your level as possible then just use him till either your not comfortable with the level gap(ie he keeps dieing) or you want him to equip something specific then just rehire from the same place and he will be closer to your level.Dont forget to unequip him first though if he has things you want to keep.At higher levels he will keep up with your level much better so really you only need to rehire in the early levels.

3. stephan

stephan Diabloii.Net Member

No, it doesn't make a difference. Mercs have fixed stats for each level. It is true that Normal hirelings are a little better in stats than NM's, and NM hirelings are a little better in stats than Hell's. But in case of NM Act 2 mercs there isn't any choice as they have other auras.

4. MaStAViC

MaStAViC Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the informative replies!