Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hint for NOOB, reminder for all players

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by patheticloser, Jan 30, 2004.

1. patheticloser

patheticloser IncGamers Member

Hint for NOOB, reminder for all players

I find it very annoying when somebody joins a game with a tittle like "baal runz 003" and asks "Anybody got any free?" No we do not have any free, we are trying to lvl up and are getting killed here. Now help or go away!

There are better ways to get gear. You could try actually playing the game! If you do so, and don't bug other player begging for free gear, you will find some players have an excess of gear that they do not need or can not use.

Here is how you find them. When you see another player kicking major @$$ comment on how much @$$ they are kicking, ask them what they use. Complement them, but do not ever ask them for gear. Eventually you will find somebody who is willing to give you something. Based on my own experience I have reaped great rewards. I added one of these power players to my friend list. About once every two weeks I msg him and dump every jem I have found on him. He uses them to upgrade and craft items. Yesterday he gave me about 5 pieces of Unique armor, and parts from 3 different sets. I never asked for a thing, and I thanked him frequently.

With these sweet items I will try to build up my characters and when I find stuff I cannot use I will pass them on to players that do not get greedy and beg.

In summary be polite and matrue, I know that is hard for some of you. But, you will be better off in the long run if you do so!

2. GIR

GIR Banned

Omg!!!11!!1!!111

So Ur Gong 2 B Givng Away Ietms??!?!??? Lol Wut Do U Haev??!?!! Omg Can I Haev Tham Now?!!??!!!? Wut Takng U So Long?!!!?? Omg Wtf Answar Plz!!!!1!11!1111!!1!!!!!1!!1111 Omg Lol

3. Gorny

Gorny Banned

*kills GIR in the face*
    *hides the body*

4. patheticloser

I like your sense of humor. You have illustrated my point exactly. I bet you are a lot of fun to game with.

5. SinfulSlave

SinfulSlave Banned

I'm rather puzzled by your need to post this thread. :scratch:
    All the annoying little 12 yr old uber l337 haxor newbs on bnet wont be reading this thread and seeing the light. For the most part, everyone here on the forum is more aware then that.
    I think this thread is rather condesending in nature. Gee, did the rest of ya'll know we shouldnt act like screaming newbs while we play??
    Just my humble opinion.
    Sin

6. patheticloser

Well, as my name says I am a pathetic loser, what else did you expect from me?

7. Gorny

Gorny Banned

SNAP OUT OF IT! A LOSER YOU ARE NO MORE!

*good deed of the day done!*

8. SinfulSlave

SinfulSlave Banned

I didnt know you had magical powers aragorn?
    Sweet

9. Gorny

Gorny Banned

I slipped some Athelas or Kingsfoil into his drink when he was not looking...should help.

10. CaSUaLtiE

CaSUaLtiE IncGamers Member

i got a friend that does runs all day and he keeps only stuff for his char and gives away everything else. People are nice but why the need for this thread when practically everyone on here is vets? Besides some people that wander here since its the New comer forum./

11. GIR

GIR Banned

For those of you that are unaware, I was not, in fact, being serious with my above post. I typed out a reply, and ran it through and AOL translater.

12. Jomero

Jomero IncGamers Member

Actually, the best way to get free gear is to not be a beggar. Someone who is polite, cool, and is showing me they're doing their best is a far better candidate for cool items. I gave away a decent unique to a paladin in a game that was questing with a lower level char of mine. He was cool and afterwards he showed me stuff. I gave him something better, which he didn't even ask for.

So, to sum up, to get a better chance at free stuff:

1. Be polite to EVERYONE you meet. You never know what low level character has multiple high level MF chars.

2. Don't ask for free crap. Begging for stuff immediately guarantees you won't get a single thing from me. The whole "He'll get sick of me and give in" doesn't work with me. Squelching works wonders.

-Jomero

13. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

hmmm ive heard something silimar to this before....

*scrolls up to first post of thread*

o yea there it is!

14. DaEagle

DaEagle IncGamers Member

I agree completly, but everything i wanted to say someone else already said :)

15. ImpotheMighty

ImpotheMighty IncGamers Member

I've found that "accidentally" throwing a few LF's toward the lower level beggars is an easy way to discourage that kind of behavior. That only comes after three warning though. There has to be some kind of system, doesn't there?

16. Voldemort

Voldemort IncGamers Member

Should mix well with the sleeping pills I slippe in there aslo hehe

17. Gorny

Gorny Banned

No wonder!!!

18. Tanith

Tanith IncGamers Member

I've found there's a sort of B.net karma at work. Most of the time I simply give stuff away to folks who ask politely, like the barb who desperately needed a ruby a while back. My own barb had no need for it at the time.

A few days later, a zon popped into my assassin's game and gave me a terrific amulet that added +2 to Shadow Disciplines, which is mostly what my assassin uses. She asked nothing in return--in fact, she took off before I could even thank her properly. So that's the way I've been handling it. If my Druid finds a unique burnt wand he has no use for, I'll go find a necro who can use it. Folks remember you, sometimes. :)

BTW, Aragorn--I just saw ROTK the other night. Loved your performance and was relieved to see you didn't have to be kissed by any horses this time out.

Tanith :D

19. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

What on earth is everyone ranting about begging and giving away free gear. Just do enough runs (which imo is the whole point in the end game) and you should get everything u dream of having or at the very least gives u means to barter and trade items with.

Going about being polite and mooching for gear is just lame in my book. Rely on yourself and not anybody else i say.

Was trying my hardest not to even bother posting, as threads like this just doesn't help the mentality going about with new/old players alike in the db2 community. Now i am not saying be rude or arrogant to everyone you meet but the saying goes u pay for for you get!. (so put in nothing and u get nothing) GGrrrrr :rant:

20. Gorny

Gorny Banned

But I sitll can't walk after I broke my toe kicking that helmet in TTT, while searching for Sam & Pippen, right before going in to Fangorn Forest!