highlord's vs. cat's eye

squarewolf

Diabloii.Net Member
highlord's vs. cat's eye

can't decide. i like cat's eye because of 20% faster run but highlord's +1 skills is so useful for the passives.

if i went highlord's, i'd lose 100-200 def (if ranged) and 25 dex. dex i dont' think matters too much because i'd be deadly striking more often doing more damage. and the ar from the dex lost could be compensated for that extra +1 into penetrate.

currently wearing gore's. is that too much ds? i have 3 hard points in cs.

if it helps i'm a fa/strafer.

what are your guy's opnions.

rachil0

Diabloii.Net Member
I like highlords better. I would think that the extra 30-35% DS, despite being somewhat redundant with critical strike, will do much more damage than 20 extra dex (on top of however many hundred dex you already have).

The lightning resist and extra skill is even more sugar.

wookie919

Diabloii.Net Member
Does the IAS on Cat's eye enable you to get to a certain fpa breakpoint when highlords wouldn't? I think that would be the main question to be asked...

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
wookie919 said:
Does the IAS on Cat's eye enable you to get to a certain fpa breakpoint when highlords wouldn't? I think that would be the main question to be asked...
they both have 20 ias

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Both have 20% IAS...so no:)

I'd take Highlord's...The extra DS is nice and the +1 skills is also very nice...+skills are really underrated. +Valk, +critical, +D/A/E, and extra damage from bow skills=:). Also has Lightning resist. Cat's Eye would probably be very nice for PvP because of the faster run/walk??

Wmeredith

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll throw in my $.02...

I like Highlord's and War Travs.

(If you have the means, throw a Harmony bow on with Cat's eye and Aldur's boots sometime. I can almost keep up with teleporters in this rig.)

Wrathchild

Diabloii.Net Member
frw is really important for a ama. plus the 1 skills doesnt really help all that much. ds is really nice on hl tho... but still with gores plus 70% critical you have a 85% chance of deadly strike, with many chances of getting even more elsewhere, so i would definately use cats eye.

nightaswz

Diabloii.Net Member
So for a pvp zon, i should use highlords instead of cat's eye if my frw is good enough? (im thinking around 100) As for the boots, which pair should i use with cat's eye? Same question for highlords.

Thanks

Jek

Diabloii.Net Member
Wrathchild said:
frw is really important for a ama. plus the 1 skills doesnt really help all that much. ds is really nice on hl tho... but still with gores plus 70% critical you have a 85% chance of deadly strike, with many chances of getting even more elsewhere, so i would definately use cats eye.
Deadly Strike and Critical Strike doesn't stack. You'd have 70% and then 15%.