Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Highest Level of Charged Items?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by GargonCerlan, Jul 1, 2005.

1. GargonCerlan

GargonCerlan IncGamers Member

Highest Level of Charged Items?

What are the max levels of skill for certain skill charges? I.E. Tornado, Twister, fire bolt, meteor, etc.

For instance, something like Bloodmoon has lvl 15 blood golem (9 charges) but what are the max skill levels of things that you can get on rare or magic items? Is there a chart somewhere that indicates this? Or a thread or site?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GargonCerlan :drink: :buddies:

2. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

AFAIK they don't get any higher than like 6 on magic and rare items. Only uniques and runewords get the really high level charges.

3. GargonCerlan

GargonCerlan IncGamers Member

Is there some place that I can verify this? I'm trying to work some things out with new oskill builds but I need to know exactly what the max possible for magic and rare items to plan it out. Is 6 the magic number?

4. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Highest I've found was a wand w/ lvl 7 Dim Vision charges.

Was rather amazed to find that one, but sold it to a merchant since we've got a Necromancer already.

5. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

The max depends on the skill and the type of item it is on.

You can look at www.d2data.net under Prefixes and Suffixes, Skill-related Suffixes (charged or cast automatically). This will give you a gigantic list of all charged skills available including which item type and alvl, and rlvl, etc.

You will note that most of the charged skills have two entries, usually a strong one for skill-specific items and a weaker one for other support items (like amulets). They are described as "Level X Skill (Y Charges)". As you have seen, the level and the number of charges is actually variable (based on ilvl). The level lsted is the highest level that skill can reach for that affix (the charges is actually a minimum).

So, for:
    Tornado - slvl 2 on amulets, circlets; slvl 5 on clubs
    Twister - slvl 3 on amulets, circlets; slvl 6 on clubs
    Fire Bolt - slvl 6 on rings, circlets, swords; slvl 10 on staves and orbs
    Meteor - slvl 2 on daggers, clubs, throwing knives; slvl 5 on staves and orbs