Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Highest Drop Rate Locations

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Khronikx, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Khronikx

Khronikx IncGamers Member

Highest Drop Rate Locations

Right now im running these

Pits
    Countess
    Andy
    Summoner
    Duriel
    Mephisto
    Diablo
    Pindle
    Nihl
    Baal

what are the highest drop locations in the game with 1.13?
    need to know wether its worth it to drop any of my current runs and only run the highest drop areas

basically I only need gear thats going to worth something, things that are worth pul or less nvr sell for me, so i cant gain wealth through stacking 50000 puls, just vendor it now...

2. juju

juju IncGamers Member

Re: Highest Drop Rate Locations

Chaos + travi in 8 players game and you will find hrs ^^

3. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

Drop rate is dependent on Monsters and players in game. If you're looking for something particular, then you'll want to grab atma, make sure the 1.11 table is updated to 1.13 and use the calc to check there.

If a pul isn't valuable enough to make it worth keeping you're doing something wrong considering that's still currency. While it doesn't have the same value as last season, still worthwhile - especially considering how the majority of uniques have dropped in value, hard to get more than a pul or um for most of them aside from the TC87s.

Unless you're going for keys, nil and summoner aren't worth running.

No one runs Duriel really.

4. Khronikx

let me put it this way.... people dont buy my stuff, including perf magefists, skullders, tgodz, etc etc... basic low end gear that ALOT of builds use...

but if I go to buy sumthing naturally the other people are asking alot more than the item is worth so I dont trade for the most part

with that being said, I dont find it worthwhile to save and mule low end items that I would potentially end up spending hours/days trying to trade and never get a trade

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  5. JKS

JKS IncGamers Member

Basically IMO nowadays it is easier to get the items you need through MF than through trading. I personally run Travincal and CS most of the time, because all I need is a few more uniques and about 10 HR. For me an item to be worth the time to try to trade it: only TC87, really useful elites Shako and above and runes UM and above. (Not that I play online and trade much lately but these are my observations). If you insist on trading, probably just gathering crafting ingredients (gems and jewels from Trav and runes from Countess) would bring fastest results.

6. SeCKSEgai

Sounds like you're having unreal sale expectations for your items. Perfect magefists aren't significantly better than non perfect - the ED is practically meaningless, it's more the idea that its "perfect". Unless you find someone exorbitantly rich, you won't get much more value out of something like that. Skulder's is more a go-between until you have enigma, and as most builds using skulders are casters, the def bonus from even perfect eth is not of much use since they don't have many ways to boost def to make it worthwhile. Like the magefists, perfect is more of a collector's item, so finding a buyer willing to pay well isn't easy.

Something like Perfect Eth Titan's, that has a lot more value as the ED alone has so much variance, then the eth mod on top of it.

All but the rarest uniques can be difficult to sell. All the botting in the market has really made things rough on the regular legitimate player. Nice socketables and whites will sell far better overall and at better prices. Even some nice rares, like a solid fool's claw or circlet will go for a lot more than your general mf finds.

7. Khronikx

thats what I thought except now it seems people only want perfect items, and what I have known as rare uniques, aka griffons in this case, have also significantly lost their value

8. SeCKSEgai

Yep, the sad thing is that even at perfect, you're not getting much value at all - I personally would rather keep perfect if I don't get some premium pricing for it.

But all in all, I was so fed up with the market I made the switch to SP and have been much happier since. Muling is much less a pain and not having to worry about temp bans means you can run single targets as fast as you can for as long as you can stand. MF was fine last season, at least you could feel rewarded. This season, competing with so many bots, good finds feel like a drop in the bucket.

9. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

Sometimes I get good drops. Heres a suggestion, clear all of durance lvl 3 you should get good stuff there every once in a while.

10. SeCKSEgai

Dur 3 is 85 I think, so tc87 can dropbut you're limited to the vampires so chances are slimmer than normal - that's why pits and AT are popular, highest overall chance for tc87, short of straight pindle which isn't possible on bnet.

It's not so much not getting good drops, its more that good drops aren't so good any more. I never thought I'd see the day when a HoZ would end up so cheap.

11. Khronikx

alright so my best bet as far as getting gear that still holds value would be pits/AT/pindle?
    would running these 3 be better than also running CS and baal?

ive never ran AT and im not sure where it is, ive seen people say a2 and a3 which is it?

12. SeCKSEgai

Honestly, as I remember the market before making the switch to SP - mf is just shy of dead - runes and socketed items are easier to trade for decent value, assuming you find a buyer, and of course, the extra fancy rares.

As rare as TC87 is, only 5 real uniques (from 87) come to mind that still retain a bit of value - CoA, Griff, Death's Web, Death's Fathom, Shadow Dancers. Even then....

AT is act 2, Ancient Tunnels - in Lost City.

Ultimately, you want to stick to level 85 areas, which pits/at/chaos/wsk/throne is, though meph isn't terribly bad depending on how long it takes for you to get to him. Your build decides what places you should run, as certain ones fair better than others in each area.

13. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

Trav/Chaos/Cows. I mainly aim for charms/runes/gems/jewels. Unique prices are horrible but good charms can be well worth it. Selling 10 rals/10 pamethysts/10junk jewels can be worth it as well, I hold onto the other perfect gems to reroll hell Diablo charms.

14. rickster

rickster IncGamers Member

actually if you like "gambling" and/or have a spare runes/gems, upgrading your perfect uniques to elite can get you a pretty penny

what is it, 98? defense crusader mage fists can get you like 50-100 shakos on another trading site

some barbs use elite ethereal skulders, and it is a collecters item if you roll perfect defense