Highest Damage/Second Melee?

Phil

Diabloii.Net Member
Highest Damage/Second Melee?

I have been seeing some crazy damage builds lately, and so I am posting to see what people have been able to achieve. I am not counting crushing blow or deadly/critical strike, although they are obviously very helpful mods. Melee also doesnt have to be just physical, but I am not counting poison, only instantaneous attack damages. (If you have some massive damage build, please include a brief equipment inventory also)

Going for highest damage/second that you have actually achieved or seen, not that is possible with perfect gear. :)

phil

the most powerful melee attack ive seen to date is a duel dream enchantress that did about 66,000 max damage. Used the basic equipment, dream helm and shield and then enchantress gear. Best ive seen damage wise, although playing through it wasnt too impressive.

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
baboontilt said:
the most powerful melee attack ive seen to date is a duel dream enchantress that did about 66,000 max damage. Used the basic equipment, dream helm and shield and then enchantress gear. Best ive seen damage wise, although playing through it wasnt too impressive.
I really wonder how you can reach 66k damage with Dream stuff :scratch: ?
Even a level 30 Holy Shock aura with +30 to all skills barely reaches 5k / 6k...

Frosty_The_Snowman said:
I really wonder how you can reach 66k damage with Dream stuff :scratch: ?
Even a level 30 Holy Shock aura with +30 to all skills barely reaches 5k / 6k...
lightning mastery.

my dream sorc hit 36k i believe with no skillers. the only problem really is attack rating, i'm going to remake her using steel gc's of vita.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
baboontilt said:
But if you count damage/second, I also think that you should keep in mind what an awful minimum damage those dual dream sorcs have.
Ok, not awful, but there wont be much more than 2-3k, which comes from enchant.
The average damage is nice though

lCE

Diabloii.Net Member
The highest damage/second probably goes to 4 fpa fireclaws bear. With 15-16k fireclaw dmg and extremely fast attack speed that is continuous 4 fpa (not 9/4/4/4 like zeal or fury where first hit is 9 fpa). Also minimum damage on fireclaws is almost equal to maximum.

DeMeVeR

Diabloii.Net Member
if you go for top damage
me and a friend have made an assasin
on europ sc ladder

and she reached 93k on dragon tail
(charged up tiger strike)
with maxed strenth + skills
and many martial arts skillers

but offcourse she has low speed and close to zero life

(her name was SoL_onehitkill) --> kill or get killed in 1 hit :lol:

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
Poison explosion can do over 120k. Over like 30 seconds, but I believe it's the highest possible number you can get on the...screen with the damage...it's been a while since I played, ok?

dusters

Diabloii.Net Member
Lets take it other way, what could be the fastest time for completing all quests on the Act 5 Hell on 8 player game being alone, but tweaked with all legal possible items in the game?
About the max damage on damage screen, I was quite happy about 22k with very fast attack speed on my pala using near perf BOTD, but I never tried going for pure max damage.

Charged strike can do incredible total damages if all bolts hit, before the latest runewords i think the max was something like 88k that ive seen. Combine with -enemy res and your having fun.
Anyway, im pretty certain a MA sin like demever did would be one of the best for damage over a length of time, providing you can find IAS and use BoS.

Sh4dovv

Banned
since i only play NL, i cant WAIT for ladder to reset so i can spend countless hours pk'ing against all these odd new builds! :D

we will see if these ladder only items can pit up against the stuff only on NL ;)