Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Highest Classical Char?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by SwampBox, Apr 30, 2005.

1. SwampBox

SwampBox IncGamers Member

Highest Classical Char?

Whats everybodys highest classical char and what is there rank on Ladder?

(Classical Ladder
    or
    Hardcore Classical Ladder)

The highest I have is a Classical Ladder LVL88 Bow-Zon.

Rank #8 On Amazon Ladder
    Rank #400's? on Overall Ladder

2. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

sc ladder lvl ** retired hammerdin. Pretty low on ladder.

hc ladder lvl 80 dead zon, #2x on zon ladder (lol)

3. waaaghboss

waaaghboss IncGamers Member

My top 2 at the moment are 83 pally and 82 sorc. Not sure of their ranks though.

The top of my ladder just died, at lvl 94. Thats gotta suck ^_^

4. SwampBox

USEAST Classical-Hardcore-Ladder lost their highest a few days ago too. Level 95. Man that sucks!! Good for Rank #2 though. :lol:

5. Palm

Palm IncGamers Member

Queen SupaPhly (Sorc, lvl 90) Europe Classic Hardcore Ladder.

6. Fearlessone

Fearlessone IncGamers Member

Who, me?

My highest classic char? Lvl 98 fanatic/frost zealot/smiter. Current rank: none, and in fact was never ranked on any ladder at any time. Too high to play in this patch.

Current softcore chars: 3 of the top 100 overall's on my realm all lvl 90 going on 91, including a pnova cursing necro, ww warcrying barb, and a pure warcry barb.

7. waaaghboss

I thought she was 94....

Heard she died dueling #2 on the ladder, the other sorc XD

8. SwampBox

oh yeah 94, thats what I meant.

She died from rank #2? Really? Probably a rumor.

9. waaaghboss

*shrug*

I was talking to one of the level 90 pallies in op ehcc channel right after it happened, he said it did.

10. TEB-Bird

TEB-Bird IncGamers Member

high lvls

highest lvl hardcore char ever since the start of 1.1 is an HFC on asia3, lvl 95 crazy nukka. Some crazy euro guy hit 96 on sc last season. I think those are the highest sc/hc 1.1 classic lvls to date.

I have a 93,89,89,91, hcc from last ladder season. This season I technically don't have anything left. Hit 91/#1 barb and suicided. So *_*

DFE-OldSkooI, yeh Justin lag died. He wispered me on MSN after it happened and I loaned him my mfer to get some new gear. 94 on west died as well ~.~

But f33r the asians lvl 95 on asia3 hcc and still alive how crazy is that.

11. Palm

Palm IncGamers Member

OceanEmotion will prolly hit 96 this season on sc. He is pretty close and still active.

12. stanzaman

stanzaman IncGamers Member

Before 1.10 came out, I had a goal of getting one of every class to level **. While the leveling seems to have gotten easier in 1.10, I haven't gotten any character past ** so far.

The builds went like this:
    Paladin: Hammerdin with holy freeze
    Necromancer: CE/Revives/Mages/Lower Resist
    Barb: WW/Find item Polearm barb
    Zon: Javazon
    Sorc: Nova/Orb

Of course, none of them are on the ladder. But some of them used to be.

13. Fearlessone

Here is how exp works at very hi lvls....

It sure is. Getting to the early to mid 80's used to take about, hmm, 2-3 weeks. Now its 1-2 weeks. The reason? Simply that monster hitpoints have been boosted in classic, much more than they were boosted in LoD, so that I think monster hitpoints have now reached parity. You can see this when u convert to LoD. Go thru the cs and notice if its any harder to kill. (You might want to get the Anya quests and maybe somethings to help with resists, but that wont affect your killing speed...)

There are new experience penalties now, beginning at lvl 70 and a smooth curve I guess. Before it started at lvl 76 - 1/2 exp, (1/3 at 81 and so on) so it was sudden and lumpy. When does exp get harder than it was before 1.10? It's around lvl 91. No one will ever get to lvl 99 in classic anymore with this patch. You might not even make it if u started the season at lvl 98. Why? Cuz I know for a fact that u get only 9,000 exp per cs run in a full game at that lvl. That's 1/10th pre-1.10 exp. With 300 or so Million exp to get that last level...good luck.

How is it that LoD can get to 99?? Answer: the monster levels are much higher. Typical river/cs monsters are lvl 80-82 in classic, diablo is lvl 90. In LoD, they are mostly around lvl 85 from late act3 thru act5 (they used to be all lvl 90 in 1.09, this has changed??). Diablo is supposed to be lvl 94 in LoD. I've read that Baal and Nihalthek are lvl 95, but it shows them to be 99 and 92 at the battle.net site. It's the act3-5 throneroom spawning minions of Baal that give the only decent exp if your charlvl is in the upper 90's in LoD, these monsters are about mlvl 92-93. Act3 council guys give a little bit of exp, act4 venoms are slight exp, and Listers pack is a modest amount. Baal gives puny exp compared to his minions, at least this is the case with my lvl 96 barb. You are penalized when ur clvl is 6+ lvls over the mlvl. Maximum penalties in this category are at +10 lvls, when the exp is 5% of the original. But u will never get any worse than +8 lvls in LoD throneroom act3-5 spawners.

Exp earned from monsters:

+5 lvls 100%, +6 lvls **%, +7 lvls 68%, +8 lvls 38%, +9 lvls 18%, +10 lvls 5%

Note: mlvl vs clvl exp penalties are in addition to the charlvl curve mentioned above.

14. WNxZerker

WNxZerker IncGamers Member

also D2LoD has +x% eperience gained items that can be used from lvl 70.
    anhiilus charm and a uniqe staff. pluss I think Baal is lvl 99 in hell killing him gives great exp and almost everyone over lvl 80 is doing hell baal runs so you can always find a full game. plus the scum bneters use bots to do baal runs 24/7.
    bots have killed expac for me, everyone has the best items and elite chars that are running with like 1K MF. trading is near pointles.

Zerker

15. Great_Evils

Great_Evils IncGamers Member

Zerker, thats exactly why I came back to classic. It's really nice to have Hell be hard again...

16. Wyvern

Wyvern IncGamers Member

I play USEast, and best I got is 2 91 barbs:

WangVitaBarb - has 6k+ life
    WangChopper - was a 1.09 str spec barb and is useless pvp now

and I have a host of like 15+ chars that are 87 and up

17. Dark Luke

Dark Luke IncGamers Member

I play USEast on this ladder season, last year I got a skelemancer up to level 87 on ladder on last september with around 18th place on the necro ladder. Now, after 2 full busy semesters of university, that necro is still on the necro ladder! now around 30~40 ranks.

A few days ago I started a bone necro and he's now level 72.

18. weep

weep IncGamers Member

lol fearless, i remember you from runs back in 1.09.. I was Violent level 91 bar, Anal ** zon, Dex 86 lady zon etc. I remember you used only items you found, and always complained when people were playing efficiently and not slowing down to kill every monster ;0

19. Fearlessone

Hi Violent, i still play old realm every day...u there?

Yeah, I got my own runs, called walks in classic now. Started them last ladder on USWest. Only very rarely do u see them on old realm now, even tho some of the last ladder people are still there, I noticed that most of the pre 1.10 ppl are gone and most of the first ladder 1.10 ppl are the 'sora' fast runners. Which btw is purely deadly for a lvl 91 barb. U can do nothing in those kinds of runs except give bo and ww diablo. What fun is that??

On USWest ladder, most of the time, there are 'riverwalks' and 'safewalks'. They dont exist on other realms cuz no good players have had the balls or gumption to start them up. Yah, they lvl slower than the soras, but then those are just chaotic runs, seal popping and zillions of unkilled monsters. There were a few sora's just after 1.09 came out, even a sora channel, then they died for about a year. Runs went fast, from waypt to diablo with all monsters killed. Then disgruntled LoD'ers came back to classic cuz of all the hacks and cheating, and brought their bad habits with them, resurrecting sora's. Eventually, sora's took over almost completely.

I am the Hand that says "Nay!"

20. WNxZerker

WNxZerker IncGamers Member

I must agree when I came to classic from LoD I expected there to be more sora (tele) chaos games and even more people doing rushes. It took me awhile to realize that most chars are aimed at doing a specific run or are one attack chars and cant do every area so rushes are few and far between, unless rushing for LoD forge quest. also most chars who have showen me there items wear gear that increases there mana, life, str, fhr,frw,fcr,fbr rather than there resists, they may be noobs but I found it odd that they switch there gear around for specific areas instead of making one set of items to do all areas of the game.

Zerker