Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Higher Trap-dmg or max MB on a ww/kick/wof hybrid?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Moritz, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

Higher Trap-dmg or max MB on a ww/kick/wof hybrid?

Hey,

I need your advice again :)

I ve been playing now a Sin that was pretty much like Speederländer's build, so I only had baselevel traps for stunning/confusion purposes.
    After a while now and after some calculating, I figured out that I will probably be able to combine the WW/Kick/Stun elements and add some trapdamage. I ve read Happy's ww/ls guide, but I decided to test the WoF-way, as I prefer it's style over LS.
    On my old Sin, I enjoyed the max MB as a dmg-dealer pretty much and I dont know how well a lvl2 base MB will do compared to a maxed MB and if it's better to max the trapdmg of my build or to go with more MB dmg and lower WoF dmg.

So my question is mainly about the skilling distribution.
    The build with max MB would have 540 WoF avrg dmg and 300MB avrg dmg.
    The build with focus on traps would have 718 WoF avrg dmg and 149 avrg MB dmg.
    The calculations are based on clvl94.

Which skill placement would do better in your opinion?

Your help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Moe

2. Glorft

Glorft IncGamers Member

In my opinion as i watch ur calculations id prefer the maxed mb because the stun would be greather and the shadow would use mb alot more when its maxed instead of when its not. As you can see the difference between the trap dmg is pitiful ... But thats just my opinion.

3. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

hmm well.
    I dont think that the dmg gain is pitiful. Its almost 1.5 fold.
    Thats why its hard for me to decide.
    1.5 x is a lot. Imagine on a ls trapper. 8k dmg compared to 12k dmg is a diffrence.

4. Glorft

Glorft IncGamers Member

Yes but if you look ath the numbers in my opinion it wont make that greather difference if attacking with a 800 dmg wof or with a 550 wof - if we talk about 1k it makes sense ... Well it makes sense to me . I think that way because im not that big fan of wof. My opinion is Mb ... WoF is made to stun and LS to damage oponents , atleast thats what i think.

5. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

With those sorts of numbers don't waste your skills going for damaging WoF.

I've got a Kick / WoF hybrid and I get 1.1k WoF, and with even 1 abs or + max res item it's pretty much useless.

If you want a damaging trap hybrid then aim for 1k WoF as a minimum.

So my advice? Max MB and don't bother with pitiful 500 damage WoF. Leave it at base for stunning and concentrate your points elsewhere.

6. order

order IncGamers Member

personally i would go for a midpoint inbetween both of those damages. maybe achieve something like 600-620 wof damage and put everything else in mb. on my old build i did quite well with around 600dmg wof.

7. Arbedark

As I said, I've got 1.1k WoF on my sin at the moment, with 174% FCR rate (9 frames)...

And as soon as someone puts on a pair of Waterwalks (5% extra fire res), the damage output is just ridiculously low.

You're suggesting around half the base damage output, now in my opinion this is a massive waset of skills, since the number of duels where the damage will actually be effective will be severly limited. Even more so if a sinlge piece of + res or absorb is used.

I still maintain that unless you can reach 900-1000 or more WoF damage, don't concentrate on trying to get it maxed. The damage output will just be too low to be worth the investment.

8. order

order IncGamers Member

true, but one point of having mid damage traps is to make your opponent use gear switches to make your other skills more effective. if your opponent uses waterwalks then they probably have had to sacrifice some of their other gear to do so which would make them more vulnerable to stun, kick, ww.

9. Arbedark

Not really, most people I know have at least a couple of switches which don't hinder them in the slightest.

Some casters run WW as standard fit, others can switch to them w/o any loss..

I see where you're coming from, but without full Shadow setup trying to WW/Kick a hammerdin is extremely dangerous...

10. order

order IncGamers Member

bleh. a good hammer is pretty much impossible for me to beat anyways. i think its similar for most sins as well.

i need to do more experimenting against them with widow. seems to work decently except against libbys.

11. Glorft

Glorft IncGamers Member

I have played vs alot hammers with my LS/WW hybrid and dont have problems with them ?!Or maybe i havent encountered good ones ? But i think i have ... some of my friends play with their hammers very well and have dueled them . If we watch overall i win... What would our sin experts say ?

12. order

order IncGamers Member

maybe. i take out quite a few hammerdins myself (mainly just normal setup hammerdins). i usually go up against some of the crazy ones tho w/ 30+life combs, 125 fcr, 86 fhr, 4k+ life, max block, 15k dmg, high DR and res. the hammers im encountering now have amazing namelock and desynch ability as well. i have an especially hard time if they put on 1 piece of sorb since most already have overstacked res.

i suspect a high ar, fhr, almost pure ww sin could possibly wipe the floor with most hammerdins.

ive thought about building one with probably close to 20-25k ar (no angelics)and 6k venom damage, but this would require me to strip some items from my current ww/ ls hybrid.

use of blade traps may help chances as well. i think sentinel would be an excellent skill against them.

13. Glorft

Glorft IncGamers Member

Am i missing something ?I havent had hammers as such difficult opponents as you say they are ... Yes they can be a pain in the neck when they pit some abs + res but i cope with them even... This is some kind of an anomaly ? Am i living in a different world ?

14. order

order IncGamers Member

idk. maybe its just ur realm or something. which do u play on?

15. Glorft

Glorft IncGamers Member

Ladder east...

16. order

order IncGamers Member

hmm that might be part of it. nl hammerdins have access to more advanced gear since the only thing they need from ladder is mainly spirit shields.

17. Glorft

Glorft IncGamers Member

I cant tell either but so far im dueling for 3-4 months with my hybrid and i have came across only 2-3 problematic hammers. Our discussion went way off the topic i think we call it a night's end ?:)