High vendor value items

gtGoblin

Diabloii.Net Member
Is there a guide to items that sell for large amounts of gold to vendors? I'm looking to build up some gold so that I can purchase potions and potentially armor/weapons.

Thanks.

Babyhell

Diabloii.Net Member
HIii @gtGoblin.

Mostly rare items, and the various kinds of staves/wands/scepters/items with skill mods on them. However the maximum gold is capped at start, unlocking 5k per act iirc on normal, the maximum being 35k in hell difficulty.

If I got it right...welcome? ;)

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member
I believe that the maximum gold is 35,000 per sale.
Elite body armours (even white) can sell for this (IIRC), but not sure about every elite armour, or exceptional variant. Wands, staves, scepters often have a higher value due to their +x skill mods.

I think I used to look for the items that could have +x skill, as well as heavy, exceptional (magic or rare+) or elite (white+) body armours, but I don't know exacts any more.

Edit: No, no specific guide regarding item values to vendors that I know of.

Last edited:

Neck Romancer

Diabloii.Net Member
Body Armor from the exceptional range, about trellised onwards and even ancient armour can net high amounts. As Drystan said all + skill stuff, wands/staves/scepters + necro heads, druid pelts, sorc orbs, as well as elite armors in general.

djmbbandie

Diabloii.Net Member
If you’re in early game I find rings of the apprentice to be good value to sell (over 4000 iirc) in act I along with the previously mentioned items. Wands staffs and scepters you should be looking for level 6+ skills to get good money.

gtGoblin

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks everyone. My sorceress was in the early game. I was trying to build up some gold to shop for some low level starter items. I was hoping there was a guide that would say something like X, Y, and Z items have the highest reell value so prioritize picking those up over to sell to the vendors. Like wise A, B, C have a very low resell so avoid picking those up for vendoring.

JoeBruce

Diabloii.Net Member
Jiansonz mentions a few items they like to pick up and sell (spoiler: everything) in their great guide on early untwinked magic finding. It also gives solid early gambling tips.

Very early, I look for any throwable item. That includes potions, knives, and javelins. Even mana potions sell for a decent amount. As the game progresses, lots of magic armor items start picking up in value; weapons are less so. The nova shield is an early mod that sells well. Any item that has +skills is usually a good bet for high returns. Shields with +blocking% are also good. The prismatic or similar mod (+ all resistance) also makes an item valuable.

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member
Yep, jiansonz often played untwinked, single pass, hardcore with tournament rules, and many of us followed that guide when playing in tournaments. It's trememdous for getting through the early/mid game, while maximising the chances at finding relevant gear.
Early game, I wouldn't worry too much about gold. Later on will be when it really adds up, and you'll keep finding more as you progress.

gtGoblin

Diabloii.Net Member
Can anyone link to the tournament thread(s) where Jiansonz's and others would have posted updates about their gear/progress? I'm curious to see Jiansonz's gear and progress since it has been hailed as so good.

Last edited: