Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

high runes

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by litokrn, Apr 28, 2008.

1. litokrn

litokrn IncGamers Member

high runes

hey guys
    so which runes are the high runes and which are mid? lol
    can sum1 just gimme a list from lowest to highest or whatever? in terms of worth?
    thanks =]

2. Noammr

Noammr IncGamers Member

Re: high runes

The defenition of hrs varies as it's a player invented term. In Europe hrs are commonly considered runes which can't be gotten from the hellforge (Vex+) but I gather that in the us realms it's different. In addition, Zod Cham and Sur are often considered 'lesser' hrs due to the fact that they're less used in popular runewords and less traded.

Here you can find the details on rune order and effects.

3. Blackwolf

Blackwolf IncGamers Member

Here is the list i use my self its the Europe Ladder 4 Trade Values and it may not be off much use two you but it gives an idea on the terms of worth on the euro server

hope it helps a little :smiley:

4. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

I see your location is California so you probably play uswest so I will give you the values.
    @blackwolf - europe values are wayyy different than uswest/east, you guys value Hrs at like 3 ists, on west we value all Hrs the same.

Here is the USwest runeguide

Pul = 30
    Um = 60
    Mal = 90
    Gul = depends on buyer/seller I have seen people value it at 50 and some at 100.
    Zod, Cham, Sur = depends on if they need it but most of the time its 100
    Ist = 120
    Anything higher than ist excluding gul, zod, cham,sur = 120

5. Voorhees

Voorhees IncGamers Member

If the US dollar drops in value so that the Canadian dollar is equal in value currency wise, does that mean that the Canadian dollars are now US dollars? Certainly not.
    High runes are runes that can't drop from forge. Period. Vex and up.

6. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

Clearly our realms differ voorhees.

7. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Copilot, the reason is not price comparison on different realms. HR's are by definition all runes that cannot be dropped from Hellforge, even if they are less expensive than an Ist on your realm. True, Zod may be worth less than Ist on USWest, but that does not make it "not HR". Likewise, Ist is not a HR, even if it is one some of the most expensive runes.

8. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

sometimes the currency is determined by oneself.

Um and above is a HR to me.

9. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Correct.

Every Realm is different. SP is different to the Realms. NL differs from Ladder. And a person's desparation and values skews the values even more.

No one answer is right. No one trade valuation is right. You can get a general indication but anyone who says "this is it full stop" is wrong.

10. Yumyums

Yumyums IncGamers Member

In west NL, Some mid runes are um and pul,
    and some high runes are:Cham,zod,mal,ber,vex,jah,ohm,lo,sur.

11. Noammr

Noammr IncGamers Member

This is exactly the point; Who's definition? The term isn't defined in any official way so at best you can offer the most commonly used definition on your realm.

I do agree that on europe (ladder) most people consider vex+ a hr.

12. Voorhees

As inscrutable as the term "High Rune" is, I find the idea that it can not be defined outright ridiculous. If the term has no real definition then why even use it?
    You say "trade valuation", which tells me to you a "high rune" is some sort of unit of value. As such, sure, it would most definitely fluctuate, but as I said before, being similar does not mean the same.
    As a term for a certain class of runes, it MUST[/i] be succinctly
    defined at the cost of loosing all meaning, which thanks to arbitrary usage, has obviously already happened.
    Out of curiosity, what would constitute being official?

13. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

Well you personally can define it, for yourself. Others will have different views depending on which realm they play and their view of DII economics.

A listing on the Blizzard website or Arreat Summit. Anything less than that is purely player created and therefore not official.

14. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

I did not say it could not be defined. I said it could not be defined to the same rune to every person.

You may not like it, but that is an accurate assessment. If you don't like the term, don't use it.

Personally I would prefer to be more specific than "HR". But that is my legal background coming to the fore.

It doesn't just apply to runes. One person might want a HoZ and accept any HoZ. Another might insist on a near perfect one and over pay to get it.

Life isn't black and white you know.

15. Voorhees

Hmm. Doesn't sound very definitive to me.

But I do like the term. I like it just fine. It's a great term for what it is. It's random misuse that sucks about it. See also half the other acronyms the btards get their hands on.
    I think we all would if given an adequate amount of space to be more specific, unfortunately game names and to a lesser extent descriptions are very limited in space. Far too limited for people to list off the runes they will generally accept as currency.

Very true. I don't think it's reasonable, however, to expect people to assume that hoz means perfect hoz. If you just say hoz, the likelihood that people are going to bring perfect ones to offer is fairly low I would think. It would make for a mildly interesting social experiment though.

True enough, but it isn't all gray either.

16. Bob The Barbarian

Bob The Barbarian IncGamers Member

Arreat's Summit seems to indicate that high runes begin w/ MAL, although they don't exactly come out and say that.

Rune's are worth whatever the end user values them at. I've traded a TIR for a DOL because the person making a runeword didn't have a TIR, but had an extra DOL and didn't want to have to go searching.

Morale of the story? Always kept a few low runes handy as you'll never know when you will need them or have an opportunity to trade for something much better. If your stash becomes too cluttered w/ low stuff, cube 'em up.

17. benedictarnold

benedictarnold IncGamers Member

ist is considered a hr by many

18. solutionx

solutionx IncGamers Member

Gul is underrated. I've traded and Um and a Pul for a Gul, and an Um alone for a Gul. People are so willing to give away their Gul runes on west it's ridiculous.

Don't people realize they can make a vex with two of them? That vex can easily be traded for a Jah or Ber (it's how I got my Enigma).

19. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

And hence the easiest way (short of duping) to make quick wealth on battle.net. The inconsistencies of value are amazing.

20. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

I had the impression that the person that started this thread wanted to know what to expect when people asked/offered High runes.

On the other hand... 99% of High Runes are duped, so maybe the author wanted to know which runes are duped.

But indeed, if to a person Pul is HR, and they can dupe them they will...

I'd rather tend to believe that the runes in demand are considered HR's and hence are duped, while a more "technical" definition would be "what the Hellforge can't drop". Does it make sense to cube 2 high runes and get a mid rune? (e.g. cube Jah to Cham)