Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

High Runes??? How???

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Phat Wolf, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Phat Wolf

Phat Wolf IncGamers Member

High Runes??? How???

:Hey guys I have been playing diablo for a few weeks (still a newbie though) and I still don't understand this high rune thing, I mean, I know what they are but...but where do you find them? the Countess? I know that some are duped but is there a way to find legit high runes without the hellforge quest? i see occasionally a game called rune hunting or something like that and I always wonder how do you find hrs...nvm high runes...I can't even find a pul!!! The forge never gave me anything great either :cry:

2. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

Re: High Runes??? How???

You don't find them, 99% of highrunes are duped(its a way of copying items and is against the rules of diablo) so don't plan on finding an HR at all in your d2 career.

3. Phat Wolf

Ah i see...thanks for letting me know...but where does that 1% come from? Assuming that they are legit.

4. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

Huh? If I said 100% that would mean every single HR is duped when I know its not true since I have a legit self found HR, so that means 99% are...

5. Phat Wolf

Ohhhhhhh...lol..ok...srry about that I was just kinda confused

6. Road Ratt

Road Ratt IncGamers Member

Cows, travincal (got 4 hr's here), lower kurast, I got an Ohm from hell diablo once, mainly anywhere there are a lot of monsters to kill are good places to look for them. The odds of them dropping are very low though, many people never find them even after years of playing d2.

7. knx

knx IncGamers Member

so true, i play for 3 years now and the best i ever got was a gul (from hellforge) and lots of ists (also hellforge, one from countess)... i also never saw one drop to another player

8. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

well. if u are play on LAdder, you could transmute your self found runes. Well that is the 100% comfirm way of getting legit HR other than mobs dropping off from their pockets..

you could also keep making, doing hell forge quest.

9. bruceAthor

bruceAthor IncGamers Member

Finally got my first HR, a PUL from the countess on saturday, after about 300 runs over the past few months. Have had her drop many mid runes which get transmuted up.

If you are worried about trading for HR's which may be dupes, you can trade for the next lower rune then transmute it into a legit one level up. As this will have it's own id.:thumbsup:

10. CrimsonOmen

CrimsonOmen IncGamers Member

Pul isnt really a HR... :p...

Well...Chances are really low of finding one. Trading is the way I did it. Find some stuff, sell it for HR's. Like, I once traded a raven frost (it wasnt perf) for ber... :p

11. Antonio

Antonio IncGamers Member

There are several ways to get a HR(for me a HR is every rune that can't be obtained from Hell Forge quest) in Diablo:

HR's can be dropped by monsters in every area in Hell difficulty(odds are very slim btw), your best shot for this tactic is the Moo Farm in full games because there are a lot of monsters in a small area that can be killed relativly fast.

You can pop superchest in Lower Kurast in 7 or 8 player games hoping for that Ber, Sur or Vex. You can find Ohm in a 5 or 6 player game there and Lo in a 3 or 4 player game.

You can cube them from lower runes, many players use this method by rushing a character for Hell Forge quest and cubing the runes they get that way. Cubing a Vex or Ohm shouldn't be too hard with some luck, but cubing some higher runes requires dedicated long rushing.

12. Phat Wolf

Ah i see...thx guys I'll try out those methods sometime

13. Grumpy Old Wizard

Grumpy Old Wizard IncGamers Member

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=178289

Download the rune finders guide at the link above.

For a new player, collect and cube gems. I haven't played online in several months but you can probably still get a high rune for 40 perfect gems. take notice of saved game names like 4PGEM 4 HR to see if this is still the current economy or post in the trade forums to see what it is now.

Playijng single player, most of my HRs have come from Pindleskin. He is easy and fast to run for a number of builds. Online though you can't just run him or you get the infamous temporary ban.