Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

high runes gone missing

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by BlackGamma, Nov 13, 2006.

1. BlackGamma

BlackGamma IncGamers Member

high runes gone missing

After endless hours of trading I got myself a jah, ith and ber rune to make enigma. couple days later i found myself a missing jah rune from my stash and a couple days after that my ber rune is gone from my stash as well. I would love some help on this issue. I am a barbarian ladder character on verison 1.11 expansion and I am the only person who know the password to my own account. plz help i just got back a jah rune recently

2. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Sorry dude. Your runes poofed because they were dupes.

3. leftovercrack

leftovercrack IncGamers Member

You see, Diablo II is filled with evil, self-centered people who's job is to make your D2 experience ****tier than theirs. Everyone wants to be the best, and it's to the point of paying upwards of 2 or 3 dollars PER RUNE.

Your rune disappeared because it was a dupe, and B.Net could give 2 ****s less if your duped rune poofed. Same with most people on B.Net, actually.

The truth is that there is virtually no way to keep your runes safe, other than to find them on your own. And good luck with that, as the normal currency in the game has switched over to the rarest items. A stupid move made by stupid, greedy players. I don't believe runes were meant to be currency, but they are.

In the end you must realize that it's only a game, and you might want to move on with your life because there are people out there that forget that, and make it their life. Sure, they have the best items 10x over on every char, and they can beat you in PvP. But who cares? Behind that arrogant "n00b stfu" attitude is probably just some rich little prick with no friends, and all the time in the world to spend wasting time clicking a mouse in front of a keyboard in a game that was made for greedy self righteous pricks like himself.

And those are my thoughts on the subject. Someone please flame me and tell me I'm wrong because I really care.

Peace,

Leftovercrack

4. ppz

ppz IncGamers Member

Well, the above post is a little harsh, but your runes did "poof" because they were created by a process we call duping. They were not found in game but created by messing with the server and exploiting some bugs in the Diablo code. When the game figures this out, it will delete the runes from your inventory. It may take a day or a week, but they will disappear if they are not legit (most likely).

One recommendation I have for you is to not trade for high runes, which makes almost all of the higher runewords unavailable. Or, make sure you get whatever socketed item you want to use before you get the high runes. Socket the runes immediately when you get them before leaving the game and they may stick around much longer. Keep in mind, that this is NOT full-proof. All duped runes will eventually disappear.

Good luck
    ppz

5. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

You should've socketed them immediately.
    If you managed to get both hrs, you should've managed to get an armor as well.

6. Z-Suijin

Z-Suijin IncGamers Member

It is usuall best to go in this order

1. Get the item you want the r/w to be in
    2. find/trade for the runes in the order they come in the r/w
    eg making hoto (ko,vex,pul,thul) get a ko put it in the socket, get a vex put it in the socket...and so on
    3. your item is made and no poofing

Z-Suijin

7. krmetal

krmetal IncGamers Member

I traded for ber and ist to make a coh while on lunch break at work the other day. When I got home and went to socket them in the achron, they were gone!! Oh well...

8. DarkElmo

DarkElmo IncGamers Member

ppl who are lame dupe this junk and their is NOWAY to get it back - Learn to perm (which works uselly) - and then try to trade again. Sry - but welcome to the world Of Battlenet.

9. kungfumonkey

kungfumonkey IncGamers Member

Perming is a myth.

People think you can perm by going into the trade window then immediately exiting the game.

Perming only exsists in Duper heaven.

10. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Perming is indeed a myth just like the previous post says.

11. BlackGamma

BlackGamma IncGamers Member

So its just my bad luck then i suppose. Thanks for all the replies guys that just enightens my knowledges a little bit more