Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

High runes from Mephisto's chests?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Frozen Orb, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Frozen Orb

Frozen Orb Banned

High runes from Mephisto's chests?

So I've been seeing alot of people finding high runes from the chests in the durance of hate level 3 right by mephisto. Do those runes pop out frequently, or are people just getting really lucky?

2. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

I don't think it's luck or that they pop out frequently.

It's the same with the LK chests. They can pop out high runes, but like all the high runes, EU's and valuable set items, they take a LOT of runs to get.
    The people finding these are running the areas very quickly, and having a lot of runs.

If they do find a HR without running a lot, then it'd be luck, but I think they just run the chests frequently.

3. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

It's just the numbers game.

The Meph Chest and LK runs are mentioned all the time ... because people run them all the time. That's why you hear about it.

People always pop the Meph chest (like me) because it's there. Only takes a moment so what the heck. I don't think i've ever gotten a decent rune from that chest ... much less a unique ... yet I pop it anyways. LK chest are great because you can pop tons of flawless as well as charms and runes and the occasional unique (like a Stormshield, Skullder's Ire etc ...)

Now, take me for example. I've found 4 high runes. 3 Lo's and a Sur. One Lo came from popping a bucket on Durance 2 while I was trying to get to the Durance 3 stairs. Another one from a boss pack outside the Countess entrace on players1. The Sur was from LK but not from a superchest ... you get the picture.

They popped randomly ... and for all the time and effort i've put into this game i'm rewarded eventually for my time put in.

4. herobomberman

herobomberman IncGamers Member

meph himself dropped me a Lo. after many many runs. yet still waaaay under what the odds are. best i got from a chest is a fal i think.