Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

high qlvl drop chances?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by galzohar, May 24, 2008.

1. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

high qlvl drop chances?

After reading quite a bit around, I understand that all monsters in level85 areas can drop all item types and the champions/bosses/minions can drop all unique items as well. However is there a difference in the *chance*, for example, for monsters in "pit" (a1) to drop high qlvl items (ex. collosus blade, grand matron bow) compared to monsters in WSK (a5)?

I was wondering that, so I can decide if to try and see if I can MF zones further in hell dif to improve my chances of good items, or if the chance is the same just sticking to pit runs for maximum speed/safety.

2. jmagic

jmagic IncGamers Member

Re: high qlvl drop chances?

as far as i know lvl 85 is lvl 85 ive gotten mana pots and el runes from baal ive gotten them in the pits

ive goten tal armor from baal goten it from the pits

goten BK ring from baal got BK ring from pits

3. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Mlvl-wise, there's no advantages. It'll boil down to treasure classes, and which ones drill down to the desired high TC items with a higher probability. If the monsters use the same treasure classes then there would be no difference.

For example, there's quite a few monsters in the lvl 85 areas that will end up upgrading to the Act 5 (H) H2H C, including but not limited to the Bone Warrior (Pit), Devil Kin (Pit), Dark Stalker (Pit), Embalmed (Ancient Tunnels), Plague Bearer (Ancient Tunnels), Pit lord (Flame River). As a result, these creatures all have the same odds of dropping items, because there's no differences between their TC's.

Some monster's use different TC's though, such as the Dark Archers in the pit that use Act 5 (H) Miss C instead. This means these creatures will have a lower chance of dropping some base items but a higher chance of dropping others. The skeleton mages in the ancient tunnels and worldstone keep are another example, since they use Act 5 (H) Cast C for their TC.

In the end, I guess what I'm trying to say is that it boils down to what it is you're looking for, and knowing what TC's that's in. Once you know that you can know the "fastest route" to that TC and subsequently the monsters with that "fastest route".

4. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

Is that different TC making them drop less of high qlvl such as CB/GMB/WP/diadems or just less of 1 high qlvl item and more of another? And if it's the former that's correct, how different is the chance?

Since I'm playing single player, what I'm mostly looking for is powerful items (especially weapons) that could fuel up future characters. Be it unique, rare, or just a white with high qlvl I can do a lvl8 imbue on (which are a lot more rare than it seems!).

5. jmagic

jmagic IncGamers Member

then i would sugest using the pits and or the crpyt( ithink) in act 1 hell cuz tha would give u

wp to pits kill all the way there so there is some ok drops
    clear pits lvl 85 area
    go to bloodraven kill her (there is some ok drops)
    do both crypt and mausoleum (one is lvl 85 area one islike lvl 83)

heck you could add in the countess for a rune drop (and keys if they drop single player and are useable)

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  6. Quickdeath

Quickdeath IncGamers Member

Basically, what is being said is that if you are seeking high-qlvl items of any type, the only parameter that really matters is the monster level, mlvl (assuming you have a high clvl). In areas that are Alvl=85 the monsters are mlvl=85, the uniques and champions are mlvl=87, and the minions are mlvl=86. So if you are seeking qlvl=87 items, your best bets are areas of alvl=85 (especially for the champions and uniques) and the Super-Uniques and Act Bosses with high mlvls (Baal, Diablo, Mephisto, Pindleskin).

7. muzzz

muzzz IncGamers Member

@Quickdeath: keep in mind that there are two different types of qlvl. For example, meppy can drop qlvl 87 set/unique items. But he can't drop anything with a high-qlvl base item, or more specifically, anything from TC81 and up.

@galzohar: IIRC, the cast TCs have a relatively lower chance of dropping weapons and armor, and missile TCs have a relatively higher chance of dropping bows and the like. But if any of them do drop a weapon or armor, it has the same chance for any specific qlvl as the more common TCs.

Unless your needs are very specific, you're probably best of running what you're most comfortable with.

8. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

When did uniques and minions stop being mlvl+3?

9. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

It hasn't stopped. His info is from an unreliable source, it would seem.