Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

High Lvl Runes: How????

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Deathlok2001, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

High Lvl Runes: How????

After You Have Done Your Own Personal Hellforge & Countess Quests, How Does One Get Those High Lvl Runes?

I Have Never Seen Any Drop......do You Have To Do Numerous Countess Runes ?

Does The # Of People In A Game Affect The Runes She Drops?

2. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Very few people have found high runes like Zod, Jah, Ber etc...Best rune Hellforge can drop is Gul (on hell diff) and hell Countess can drop runes from El to Lo (at least I think so). Those are good ways to get some mid-lvl runes and some mid/high runes but finding higher runes than Um really needs some work and finding highest runes needs miracle. On Bnet most high runes are duped, no-one have really found those all.

3. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Since magic find does not enhance the quality or quantity of rune drops, take a bowazon (preferably strafe) with the best killing gear you can get (forget about mf unless you want uniques/sets too) along with laying of hands gloves (+350% ed to demons and all flayers/flayer shamen are demons) and go clear out flayer jungle hell in big games (4-8 players). Doing this for a week or so i found a pul, lem, lum and from a regular flayer melee guy ...............BER!

THe monster density in flayer jungle is simply insane guaranteeing lots of quick kills and the shamen champs/bosses are bugged in that when they did the flayer underneath them will spawn with the same boss mods and be essentially a second boss to kill and get item drops again.

4. leesh

leesh Guest

What would be a good mf setup for a zon to do flayer and still be effective in killing?

i know i will be using LOH will that be enough?

5. jblakely

jblakely IncGamers Member

If its runes you want forget the MF and just put together your best and quickest killing machine. You want to clear the jungle while people still in game, you want to move fast and you want to kill fast. If you want to MF this is not the place, just accept what comes from luck. Remember, even this will take a long time so dont get discuraged. I also like to clear Durance on the way to meph. Maybe its just my luck, but I have found 2 ists and a cham out of chests or dropped by random monsters on the way to meph. Meph also gave me an ist once and I think diablo chipped in an ohm. The jungle is pretty good though and I have gotten a quite a few upper-middle runes (like ums) but nothing really high yet and I have been doing it off and on for months. Othere than that all my high runes come from trades and traded after the dupe spree at that since prices before the dupe were out of this world.

Jack :drink:

6. sativola

sativola IncGamers Member

I read another post saying that another place to rune-hunt is the Arcane Sanctuary. Apparently the Stranglers have a higher rune drop rate than other monsters. At least that's what I read.

7. Freyas

Freyas IncGamers Member

There are a few monsters that have boosted drops for gems, runes, jewels, and charms. The two that come to mind are finger mages and ghosts. The ghosts are easy to find swarms of in the arcane, but you have to be sure to kill them over the paths in order for them to drop their goods. The finger mages are the guys in act4 that shoot the homing missiles to suck your mana. I think gloams/burning souls are in the same class for drops, but I'd recommend hunting the other two instead. There are probably a lot of other monsters that drop this way, but I can't recall what they are.

8. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Amen to Flayer Jungle runs thats my fav place in the game to MF and rune find with my LS Jabazon. It is an awesome place for a Strafezon. Still some LI Soul Killers there, but still high population density easy kills in late stages of the game is all good.

9. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Also good for some very humorous moments. Calmly running along in the jungle when you hear some gibberish voice off in the distance (flayer voice) and all of a sudden it seems like the entire jungle is swarming you due to the sheer amount of melee flayers.

10. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

best rune i have found in flayer so far in amn.....wtf????????

11. weirdoctor

weirdoctor IncGamers Member

I think I can relate to this - I've ever found an Ist off a Strangler while rushing a friend through nm (or was it hell?)

12. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

keep at it and you'll get your runes.

another idea is to spend all that time rushing to hellforge hell, and then upgrade all the runes you get.

if you have another pc(or just another cdkey(s)) it's always easier.

13. Boooyakasha

Boooyakasha IncGamers Member

Was bored yesterday doing MF so I bring out all my chars and do the NM, Hell, Hellforge quests. Found Ist, Gul, Um, Lem, Ko, Io, Hel and I was happy :)

BTW, in Act3 there is a monster that always make me laugh, crack me up so hard when I first saw it. It is called Sucker.

14. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

what lvl were you when you did these hellforge quests

i always thought you had to be at least lvl 81 to get good runes on hellforge........

15. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Lvl has nothing to do with it. all runes have an equal chance of dropping @ hellforge (1/22 to be exact)
    flayer running is fun. I found pul+lum so far, after about 10 runs :D

16. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Just avoid the Great Marsh (ugh), as much as I like Act 3, the Great Marsh is one of my least favorite areas in the game (Gloams and slow but tough zombies). Not to mention those Gloams are LI.

I always fight Stormtree at some point in my flayer runs. He dropped a +4 skills Ondals Wisdom Elder Staff for me ;). I also run Flayer Dungeon, find a good share of uniques and some runes there, sometimes Endugu drops very nicely. Flayer Dungeon 3 is a lvl 83 area, which means Endugu (the boss there) I believe can drop anything in the game. The dolls there can be a pain though but my merc handles them.

17. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

Your merc handles the dolls.....what type of merc....what lvl & what equipment do they use

18. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

does the number of people in a game affect the lvl of a rune dropped in a flayer jungle run or hellforge?

19. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

No, but it does increase the likelihood more items will drop. There will be times when you don't find many runes in Flayer Jungle, but often enough with some MF you will see some nice Elite uniques drop (and I just have 140% MF).

20. illa

illa IncGamers Member

Still the most efficient and easiest way to get runes is by mastering a boost technique with your friends and doing hellforge quests all week long.