Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

high lvl leechers

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by zXz, Mar 24, 2005.

1. zXz

zXz IncGamers Member

high lvl leechers

Here's what I dont understand (ok I do and maybe I just wanna vent a little bit :lol: ) why is it that the worst offenders in so many cases the highest lvls? and those who just finished about how grand they equip is. then they get to the throne and watch everyone else lvl up and dont help any. When asked they actually come up with silly replies like "I'm just trying to lvl up". well so are we all :lol: annoying to say the least

2. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

Yes it is rather annoying to say the least. I assume their standpoint is that if they can gain the slightest benefit without the risks then they will continue to do it.

I would simply write down the name, and ensure that they do not party up again, this way they will have to kill something to get any benefits.

3. zXz

zXz IncGamers Member

its got to be boring to no end tho. cause all they doing is sit in town, scroll for pp then tp :lol and then take the tp and stay way out of everyone's views. Until of course comes time for baal. Cause I also noticed a lot of the times these leechers are always the first ones to make it to baal's chamber.

thats a good idea :) cause so far what I been doing for the most part is look for other games.

4. majpain

majpain IncGamers Member

Because there are usually hammerdins or bonemancers doing all the work.

5. ArchAngel Tiberrius

It would be terribly boring, I agree. I suppose they think having a high level character means something.

Finding a regular group who WSK would be far more enjoyable. If you keep the game public, if someone joins that you are familiar with as being a leecher than you can simply ignore them.

I think it's the best way. That way your enjoyment isn't dampered.

6. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

You got to understand from their point of view too though. Maybe they just started and suck just way too much, with a crappy dial-up, and they're guaranteed death if they got in a 1 screen radius of the minions in a 8 player hell game.

I suppose they'd be annoying if they didn't help at all... but they can help annoymously by just having an aura on or cursing monsters, etc. or even just casting long range spells from far away.

- Dennis

7. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

I had this guy yell at me (I'm a bonemancer) for not helping kill those undead guys who revive skeletons (at the Throne. Forgot their name)... when I pointed out to him that they were immune to magic, he chose to yell "NOOBMANCER" and refused to put on his fanaticism aura to spite me... :rolleyes:

8. ebyworx

ebyworx IncGamers Member

I have problems with necros in general who feel the need to switch curses when I am playing a char that needs a certain curse, ie:smiter. even asking politely they feel the need to call me a noob

9. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Many sorcs just yell at me to curse Lower Resist... Too bad I don't have it... So I just Decrep them.

I'm freaking Summoning 29 Summons (Revives / Skellies) with BO and my Revive NEVER dies unless 180sec. pass, and NO ONE in the game gets hit more than once because all my minions are tanking... PLUS the decrep... What more do they want out of me..? :mad:

- Dennis

10. zXz

zXz IncGamers Member

thats just it. a lot of times they do have nice equip they like to brag about.

11. zXz

zXz IncGamers Member

I used to not like summoning necros. I changed my mind only because at least they not just there taking space and help fight the monsters.

My problem are those people who want to see your equip and if u dont show it to them they start spamming and saying the reason is cause your a noob and have noob equip. Or just as annoying is those who use mh to announce to everyone what u have or dont have :(. I was once in a game where I was told I was a noob because i had cow kings boots on my sorc. yes war travs are much better. but then again I hadnt been able to trade for them yet. and cowkings does give a little to mf that allowed me to find more items i then traded away.

12. ladydraxis

ladydraxis IncGamers Member

I have one consideration I'd like for you all to take as a possibility:

Sometimes people stand back from the action because they are lagging. Back in ladder season 1, I used to do the public Baal runs (I don't anymore for a LOT of reasons). Anyway, even though I use DSL and have an excellent internet connection, I would lag once we all got into the throneroom & starting killing monsters. The reason why? I have an older computer with an old video card. With all the spells going off at the same time, my old beat up box just wanted to die, lol! It got better after a few seconds, but when the spells first started, I always had to satnd back & wait for the lag to clear up before I could safely enter the fray.

13. zXz

zXz IncGamers Member

I understand about having slower computers and taking a couple of seconds or so when one gets to the throne. However the type of leechers I'm refering to arent those. are the ones who stay in the back watching the show the whole game. this one lvl 95? 96 paladin not only did that but then went on to make fun of someone else who was actually fighting and died. thats what I think its low. because at least the other one was helping the whole team whereas he wasnt.

14. SevenDeadlySins

SevenDeadlySins IncGamers Member

I also used to have a laggy comp, and always sat back in baal runs until i got syncronized, but i had stuff to help all the party members when I could, I just hated the people who would lead a monster to me in spite. even when it was obvious i couldn't move, like when a monster is hacking at me yet i don't fight back, clearly something is wrong... but now i got a better machine, so it isn't a problem anymore. If you are worried about leechers, maybe we should start a thread for baal run sign ups, get a common game going, so that the people from these forums can help out, just an idea...

15. ArchAngel Tiberrius

My only suggestion here would be to notify the other players in game.

"Just letting you all know that when we get to Baal's Throne Room I may de-sychronise for a little bit."

This way everyone knows what's going on. You could then ask if there was anything you could do to assist (for example, if you are a Paladin you could use a particular aura so everyone benefits).

16. SevenDeadlySins

SevenDeadlySins IncGamers Member

true enough, never thought of giving people a heads up, I am selfish like that apparently... haha, will from now on though...

17. FlyingPerson

FlyingPerson IncGamers Member

oh well...this is a game.so there must be lots of kiddo around.

there was once, a guy keep bragging he got tons of godly item, and yelling ppl noob ...then suddenly, all ppl suddenly stop killing baal minion...and that "godly" item guy keep dieing or chasing around by those monster...

so funny...

so..if u r the ppl who do all the work, u can simpyl just stop killing..for example..listers...then let them deal with it..u can see lots of ppl running around and dieing:p

that entertain me a lot

18. wookie919

wookie919 IncGamers Member

I find myself wanting to help (with my non-hammerdin) but not being able to because the hammerdins kill all in less than 5 seconds anyway (maybe 10 for Lister). So I just stand back, not casting anything in case I will lag others. This could, of course, be seen as high level leeching to some people...

But really, killing monsters in 4.99 seconds with me casting stuff, or in 5 seconds with me not casting stuff, I think I would go with the latter.

19. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

I play on a 64mb ram computer. Most of the time my screen is frozen during baal runs.

in 8 player baal runs, my screen usually moves about 3-4 times out of the entire run, while the rest is frozen at 0 fps.

20. -Tempus-

-Tempus- IncGamers Member

its so much fun when you spend most of your time at less then 5 fps. then you join games where you drop to 0 fps for more then 15 sec.

-Tempus-