Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

High lvl duel charger.

Discussion in 'Classic' started by ElDrunko, Oct 30, 2006.

1. ElDrunko

ElDrunko IncGamers Member

High lvl duel charger.

Lately, I have been obsessed with dueling and while playing around with my LLD charger, I noticed that charge is one hell of a powerful attack. I think it gets past 1000% enhanced damage. I need some help on what the stats should be.

I was thinking something like...

169 str for marty unless I ger one with -req.
    perhaps base?
    lots lots lots
    base.

The skills are pretty straight forward unless I decide to go with a BH then I need to come up with some points for holy shield.

20 might
    20 charge
    20 vigor
    20 fanat or perhaps concentration?
    rest holy shield.

If anyone has a pure charger would you please tell me the outcome? And if the outcome was good then what was your gear? I'm thinking...

weapon: mart or bh
    shield: blade barrier?
    belt: deaths
    gloves: deaths
    boots: Gtoe?
    armor: rattle cage?
    rings: angelics
    ammy: angelics
    helm: ????

Thanks.:grin:

2. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Blade Barrier might be a tad difficult to get in classic. :)
    Why deaths ? if you are cold slowed, it is only annoying for your enemy. Since he'll be more likely to get desynced. You charge speed remains unaffected.

If you duel a necro he'll prison you.
    If you duel a WW barb he'll not even flinch when you ticle him.(They have too much life and even with tactically placed charges, you will lose out to the WWbarb.)
    If you duel a sorc she'll just tele away and out of charge range if you namelock her while she does her damage from a distance.
    If you duel a java furyzon, she'll dismantle you even if you get 95 l res.
    If you duel a hammerdin, eehm, good luck avoiding those instakill hammers while you are charging in a straight line.
    FoHdins have severe block because of Holy shield while they pellet you with their FoH from a distance.

You might run into bowzons. You could take those on.

3. Amaruak

Amaruak IncGamers Member

It would be fun for dueling and you can cherish every ear you collect, because, like WarlockCC says, almost every Duel class out there eat you alive, and barbs will absolutely slaughter you, you won't have near enough defence.

Anyway, what is your reasoning behind a Blade Barrier, are they better for chargers on LoD or what I can't remember. I'd just stick to 2h weapons and go the whole hog ;)

For Belt, Bladebuckle might be an idea. The 30%FHR might help if you get hit and want to charge away to reposition or whatever.

For your boots and armour, I personally find Crushing blow better when something is hitting multiple times. Maybe Silks would be better? I mean, the def isn't too bad and +1 skills could add some nice dmg. Oh if only there was Iceblink ;)

For the helm I'd stick 3 perefct rubies into whatever helm you can and go with that, because you will need all the life you can.

Good Luck with the build.

4. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

wonder how much damage would you get if you went pure strenght

5. WarlockCC

Glass 1 hit wonder, might be amusing. :)

6. ElDrunko

Lol, not Blade Barrier... I meant Swordback Hold. Also, I'm going with Deaths not only for the cannot be frozen but for the 35 all resist and the 40% attack rating bonus.

If I have calculated this correctly, the total enhanced damage would be 1748% and that's not counting any skill above 20. Mix that with a high dmg marty + crushing blow + min/max dmg rings and everything else, I think that's going to be a lot of dmg. A 200 dmg mart * 1748 ED = 3496 dmg per blow. The knock back also stuns them so after they get hit, they're screwed unless it doesn't knock back which is when you pull out your trusty smite. I g2g right now but I will continue on the pros of this idea later.

7. Monzee

Monzee IncGamers Member

My WW barb does about 2k dmg with his maul (196x or so), and have 250 str. So your dmg must be a whole lot more considering the 1700%ED...

8. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

if a 200 dmg mart is your goal, you can save a ****on of str, and go with a nearly perfect steel driver.

or, go with a nearly perfect bsnap at 17x dmg, and the automagic crushing blow addition as well (plus doesn't bsnap have dual rez?)

to answer your specific question, no I have not made a high level charger, and my experiments with them as a LLD were discouraging, even with good gear (I am not one who takes playing with an empty mana bulb very well)

9. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

Or you can just drop the whole Mart/BH idea and use a Lance. :grin:

- Akukami

10. zaxien

zaxien IncGamers Member

wouldn't a high snap, rcage + gobtoes be a good way to go for a mid-high lvl charger?

11. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

I think you are referring to what will be my 4th ladder barb... I have the 22x bec somewhere too now that I think of it, and a +skills 189 or so partizan somewhere that I probably shouldn't have bothered to mule...

12. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

Just use the Lance I was offering you....

- Akuakmi

13. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

I'm trying to figure out, what I have, that would be worth it...

lord knows I have plenty of angellic armor/ring/ammy combo's muled.

seems to my mf/baba that they are more common than the cursed isenhart armors.

and I certainly can swap around a spare leach ring, or *gasp* even hand of broc's for levelling.

14. ElDrunko

I just used the 200 mart as an example. I'm just going to continue with this char and just experiment, I'll let you all know how he comes along.

15. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

on my realm they use 180+ (185?) damage BHs usually
    the fanaticism helps them a lot if they wont knock you back

martels have nice minimum damage
    you advice pike chargers for LLD (who suck IMO)
    why dont you think about lance chargers

what is the highest lance damage 350?

341 lance FTW, max damage around 4 000?

16. wardoglifer

wardoglifer IncGamers Member

Charge build!

Ok I built a charger only going to mid lvl. Got a couple questions. Goblin toe,Angelic ammy and rings? I have a pretty good Bh.Clegaws gloves for the knockback. sig belt and boots,I know I know"noob" working on that. I am waring full angelics minus the sabre. I have Rattlecage, swordback,and am waring a wormskull helm for now. I have mask of horror but my stats drop when I ware it. I am at level 26 almost 2.2k damage. Plan to go till 30. Should I reroll

17. WarlockCC

You don't do enough hits/timeunit and like Amaruak typed, CB is more efficient with attacks that do lots of hits/timeunit. Better to get other mods on those items. res, fhr, or something of the sort.

18. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

high lvl chargers really can do loads of damage. with +2 all skills you would get a total of 2018% ED (counting str) when using a marty or 2001% when using some other weapon.

So with a 180% ED marty youll do an average of 4765 dmg per charge(794 after pvp penalty) or with an uber 200% ED 15-20 dmg marty youll do 5464 dmg per charge(910 dmg after pvp penalty).

Lances wont get as much average damage and they really arent as good for charging but still, you can manage to get 7626 max dmg per charge :dizzy:

so basically with a really good marty you can KO weak sorcs and necs in 1 hit and most other peeps in 2. Not too weak eh? You will need good aiming skills to charge & run away from shielders though but overall this build definitely has potential.