Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

High level req when crafting.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Snake, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

High level req when crafting.

I crafted a pair of cloves the other day, but the level req was way to high. Something like 86. There are simple not useble. Is this always the case when crafting something. I thougt I ask first before all my ort runes run out.

I wanted to make a nice pare of gloves for my multizon(with knockback). Do you guys know of any good items for a multizon, with knockback on them that I can use right now(lvl 40)?

2. bobwilder

bobwilder IncGamers Member

well the cheapest solution would be Cleglaw's gloves... although they're really crappy.
    I don't remember the lvl reqs but Cliffkiller has inbuilt KB and is probably quite viable for that point in the game.

3. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

the result of crafting is depending of the char and the items, if you want to be sure to can use it, use a char with a lower lever ! for the items you can see the level by atma.
    If you have a low char in hell, you can also use it to gamble, the level of item is depending of the char

if I don't make mistake after all I read in the forums

4. Shivan

Shivan IncGamers Member

the high lvl reqs on the gloves are mostly due to the charges of skills on it

what i do with glove crafting now is using a lower level char

i think 65+ with an ilvl 90+ glove will get you basically all the mods (was the case in .09, not sure bout 1.10) without charges and hence you don't get very nasty lvl reqs

5. Vorbiss

Vorbiss IncGamers Member

Talking about high req's, once I crafted blood ring with lvl req of 96!

6. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

yeah i rolled a charm with 13 res too all and 39 to life... grand charm thatis.. only problem with it was that the lvl req was 98 :rant: so the only one who could use itwas my lvl 99 amazone from 1.09... off course she is on a floppy disk between the other 120 floppies i own :(

7. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

In some versions of the game (not sure which ones) it was possible to get level requirements higher than 99, thus making the item entirely unusable--I've certainly seen a screenshot of a crafted ring with a level requirement of 103. Which is nice. :)

8. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

I noticed when crafting saftey amuletts that charges of Bone Spirit always made the level req leap up right past 90. Especially great in the one case when I had an almost perfect ammy. The only downside was the level requirement of over 90. Yeah, right. :lol:

As for hitpower gloves... I've got some with levels 57, 63 and 73. So it is possible to get usable items. ;) (Funny thing is that the lvl 73 gloves are actually the worst pair of them :teeth: )

9. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

I think i've seen that too...

I've crafted a dual leach +2 necro ammy with prismatic resist IIRC, req level 86.. lol... wonder which dagger mancer will ever get that high.

IIRC, crafting also depends on the level of your jewels... so get mid level jewels =D like.. from nightmare cows.

10. Porius

Porius IncGamers Member

Crafting is only dependant on your level and the item level. The jewel you put into it doesn't give anything.

The other (annoying) thing is that I don't think it matters if the item is normal, exceptional, or elite. I have had level requirements of 86 on normal gloves and 56 on exceptional belts.

The thing to remember is that if you have a rare and a crafted item with the exact same statistics (mods, defense, damage, etc.), the crafted item will have a higher level requirement.

I would use items that have an item level pretty close to your character level, so the crafted item level is about the same as your level. If you are still getting very high level requirements, find lower ilvl items and try those. Remember that the higher the ilvl of the object you are crafting, the higher the chance of getting modifiers that make your level requirement shoot up (as well as getting more modifiers). If you are just shooting for what the craft gets (knock back on hit power gloves) and don't care for anything else, then use a low level character and low level item.

Porius

11. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

The only mod (besides knockback) I want to have on my gloves are 20 IAS, the rest is just a plus. If anyone has some to trade, please contact me.

[email protected]

12. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

I crafted a pair of Blood gloves that have really nice mods (no KB, though, which I was happy about...despite what everyone else thinks, I HATE knockback.) and only a lvl requirement of 57. I also made a pair of Blood Rings for the same zon with lvl requirements in the 50s. They as well got good mods (at least, what I feel are good mods.)

13. Gruntmaster

Gruntmaster IncGamers Member

From the Arreat Summit:

At ilvls 1-30, there's a 40% chance of 1 affix and a 20% chance each of 2, 3 or 4 affixes.
    At ilvls 31-50, there's a 60% chance of 2 affixes and a 20% chance each of 3 or 4 affixes.
    At ilvls 51-70, there's an 80% chance of 3 affixes and a 20% chance of 4 affixes.
    At ilvls 71+, there's a 100% chance of 4 affixes.

The ilvl of a Crafted Item is equal to half the level of the crafting character (rounded down) plus half the ilvl of the input item (rounded down). Put another way: ilvl = int(.5 * clvl) + int(.5 * ilvl)

So you should check the ilvl with ATMA first before crafting to get more affixes. Also the Arreat Summit says that all crafted items will have a higher level requirement than a regular rare item with the same mods.

14. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

Dude, all hit power gloves come with knockback. How did you craft those gloves without that mod?

Why would you hate knockback? I guess you where't using a bow/crossbow, right?

15. cloudstride

cloudstride Banned

cause he said blood gloves ;)

16. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

Yes, she's a bow user. I just don't like it. To me, it's more of an annoyance than something helpful. The zon is given Valk and Decoy for a reason. While I agree that they are valuable for some people, I prefer not to use it.

17. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

Whoops, my fault.

18. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

One other detail. The clvl requirement for crafted items is given by

base_req = max(required clvl of all properties)
    nprop = number of properties

req_clvl = base_req + 10 + 3*nprop

If a property is a skill that is innate to the equipping character, then it is not included in nprop. This explains why the required clvl could go higher than 99 in 1.09 and why the required clvl changes depending on the character equipping the item.

--T

19. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

Just to clarify slightly more, that "nprop" is the number of random properties, i.e. 1-4, it does not included the guaranteed affixes.

Further to the required clvl changing for different characters: each affix has a required clvl ("levelreq" from magicprefix.txt/magicsuffix.txt), but all the "charged" affixes also have data in two fields called "class" and "classlevelreq", basically meaning, "for this class, use this level req instead of the normal one". And these requirements are much lower: e.g. "of Freezing Arrows" is level req 86, but only 33 for Amazons, "of Bone Spirits" is level req 72, but only 30 for Necromancers.

Tenshi, are you sure about charged affixes not being counted in the "+3 per random affix" level req adjustment?? I've never heard that before. Guess I'd need a crafted item with charges to test it with.

20. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

Hmmm .. I never noticed those fields in there. I got the formula I use for ATMA from RTB. I'll look some more into those fileds and make necessary changes. Thanks for clearing that up.

--T