Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

high elemental to phys damage ratio

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Superhal, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

high elemental to phys damage ratio

i'm having a lot of fun with charge on a pally, and i'm already thinking about problems coming up, namely phys immunes and iron maiden in hell. i have 4 points invested in zeal, but i'm mainly going with full charge synergies. for phys immunes, i think i'll be ok with the ik maul with 4 item bonuses. i also know about the trick with using a plain dagger and an elemental aura. however, i think i only have 20 points that won't go into charge or its synergies. therefore, i'm thinking about other ways to get a lot of elemental damage through zeal/charge.

my ideas:

1. 6 socket crystal sword with elemental damage jewels. i have 2 1-9x ld jewels, and 1 1-5x damage. i could round it out with ort runes, but overall, this will only yield 6-400 damage.

2. a bow with 5-6 tal runes, 375 to 450 damage, but it makes all my auras and combat skills useless.

3. charms: i have maybe 300-400 damage in charms, all mixed type, the bulk of that would be a 100 pd sc and a 175 pd lc, maybe 2 with a lvl 60 or so req.

4. passion runeword: seems like a waste of a lem rune to me, given the low damage on the item. however, it will stack nicely with my max might aura. this might be the only way i could use my auras, not spend anything on skills i won't use, and possibly use it on another char later.

5. blessed hammer: as i'm already getting vigor for charge, this might be one way to go, but i freaking hate hammers (not because of cookie cutters, but because they are a real pain to aim in late a1 and indoors a2, and when using the left mouse button.)

6. get an aura: won't be synergized though.

other suggestions here appreciated.

my skill goals:
    20 charge
    20 vigor
    20 might
    4 zeal
    @20 points unspent, currently lvl 21.

oh, and please make a suggestion for lvl 73 or lower. i won't need it after hell, i need it to get through hell.

[edit] i just heard a bit about vengeance from the pally forum, it doesn't seem like a viable option to me, unless it takes the phys damage and adds elemental on top of it, otherwise i'm still stuck with a #1 but slightly higher.

2. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Harmony
    4 Socket Missile Weapons
    Tir + Ith + Sol + Ko

Level 10 Vigor Aura When Equipped
    +200-275% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    +9 To Minimum Damage
    +9 To Maximum Damage
    Adds 55-160 Lightning Damage
    Adds 55-160 Fire Damage
    Adds 55-160 Cold Damage
    +2-6 To Valkyrie (varies)
    +10 To Dexterity
    Regenerate Mana 20%
    +2 To Mana After Each Kill
    +2 To Light Radius
    Level 20 Revive (25 Charges)

thats 165-420 ele dmg, together with a nice ed% (which you can use with aura because its a ranged attack ofcourse).

HoD

3. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Get a baranar's star and one point in conviction aura. Baranar's = 3-600 elemental, and it's pretty fast with good AR (won't need that with conviction, however) and its level req is fairly low.

Besides, it's cheap as well.

EDIT: Oh, a Tiamat's Rebuke shield on the same weapon switch is also cheap and very good.

4. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Gimmershred deals more elemental damage than Baranar's and can be thrown also (that can be useful sometimes). lvl 70 required though.

5. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Yes, Gimmershreds are useful. I don't know which would be best range/pricewise but alementaldamagewise, gimmershreds would be better.

Also, there are even better, but much more pricey weapons out there. I'm using Azurewrath for PI's, but that sword is somewhat rare. (and thus it's probably costly, I don't really know).

Even Hellrack could pack some punch, and have good attack speed, but you would not have a shield, and I for one can't play paladins with no shield.

Voice of reason runeword isn't that expensive, (Lem highest, I think) and has some elemental damage, if you can't find any of these uniques.

6. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

oh, another consideration: i'm not planning on raising dex over 120 without items (maybe 140 tops with items.)

mule check:

demon's arch:
    254-650 elemental (half fire, half light)
    low dex req, solid for melee, good candidate for vengance.

nord's tenderizer:
    200-455 cd
    has blizzard charges as well, plus cold absorb. never noticed that.

demon limb:
    enchant probably will put fire damage on this over 400.

lightsaber:
    61-320 magic/lightning. because of the lightning absorb, i'm already planning on using this through a4 and worldstone, and i was even thinking of making this my main hell wep, which would free up the belt slot i normally use for tgods for SoE or verdungos instead.

glimmershred:
    looks good, for the same reasons as stated above.