hidden grief bonus?

U

ulmty

hidden grief bonus?

Is there some hidden bonus with using grief?

Cuz i was using a lightsabre before and my dmg was 1k-1.6k w/ max fanat, scarifice, and zeal. now my dmg is only 800-1000 i think. Yet i kill things must more quickly with grief.

If anyone can answer this that would be great.

p.s. is it weird that i got this grief in a pb for free? its low i think...31ias dont remember plus 2 dmg.

thanx in advance

Bjam

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes (sort of); the Grief damage does not get correctly reflected in the character screen, but it's there. Rest assured that your Greif is doing huge damage. You are probably doing at least 5K damage in reality.

U

ulmty

Yes (sort of); the Grief damage does not get correctly reflected in the character screen, but it's there. Rest assured that your Greif is doing huge damage. You are probably doing at least 5K damage in reality.
thanx a lot man i was a little worried. and is it weird that i got one for free? im on NL so its usually really expensive.

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
Probably some person sees that 1k damage, and got pissed off and throw it to you. If that is the case, lucky for you, and foolish of him.

U

ulmty

no the game name was "grief pbs ft" so i entered trying to get a low one for an ohm and some other stuff. The guy showed me 4 different ones...i asked which was the lowest and then made my offer. the guy said ok, but i didnt have enuff room, then like a second later he says "on ground" i look, drop some junk and grab it. the guy says nothing. i rearrange my items grab everything except some cruddy unique, thank the guy and leave.

was kinda weird for one guy to have 4 grief pbs must have cost a ton

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
no the game name was "grief pbs ft" so i entered trying to get a low one for an ohm and some other stuff. The guy showed me 4 different ones...i asked which was the lowest and then made my offer. the guy said ok, but i didnt have enuff room, then like a second later he says "on ground" i look, drop some junk and grab it. the guy says nothing. i rearrange my items grab everything except some cruddy unique, thank the guy and leave.

was kinda weird for one guy to have 4 grief pbs must have cost a ton
Or he had them from last ladder. Good job getting that man! if you want to see how much damage you are actually doing...

Add up your strength, the %ed from any auras/skills you're using, and any %ed from items (jewels, forti, etc). Divide this total by 100, then add 1. This is your real enhanced damage.

Then take the base damage of your sword (probably 33-35 unless it's a sup phase blade), and add the Grief's +damage to it. Also add any +min / +max damage from items, like the 15-25 on war travs or the +5 min on bloodfists. This is your real weapon damage.

Now, just multiply your real weapon damage by your real enhanced damage. That'll tell you how much damage you're REALLY doing with that grief.

U

ulmty

Or he had them from last ladder. Good job getting that man! if you want to see how much damage you are actually doing...

Add up your strength, the %ed from any auras/skills you're using, and any %ed from items (jewels, forti, etc). Divide this total by 100, then add 1. This is your real enhanced damage.

Then take the base damage of your sword (probably 33-35 unless it's a sup phase blade), and add the Grief's +damage to it. Also add any +min / +max damage from items, like the 15-25 on war travs or the +5 min on bloodfists. This is your real weapon damage.

Now, just multiply your real weapon damage by your real enhanced damage. That'll tell you how much damage you're REALLY doing with that grief.

thanx for the equation ill try figuring that out next time im on

bobofuzzlymunky

Diabloii.Net Member
nice man :thumbsup: my favorite trade was an Um'd Shako for a 37/380 pb on NL. that guy didnt realize what he was doing, after i told him how expensive it was he asked for it back. he said his rich friend gave it to him....

U

ulmty

nice man :thumbsup: my favorite trade was an Um'd Shako for a 37/380 pb on NL. that guy didnt realize what he was doing, after i told him how expensive it was he asked for it back. he said his rich friend gave it to him....
nice trade

did you give it back?

Bladewind

Diabloii.Net Member
Those not in the know will always laugh at the Grief. In reality a "crappy" Grief pb can even outperform a near high end ebotdz.

vjusa

Diabloii.Net Member
http://dpw.bounceme.net/damage_calc.html
There ya go. That'll give you the correct damage for items with modifiers like grief (which includes astreon's, stonecrusher, etc.). I crunched some numbers before choosing a grief pb for my ladder zealot - I'd be doing a good bit less damage with any other 1h weapon, even an ebotdz or edc (and of course, I easily hit 4fpa - with high enough fanat, any ias grief will get you to 4fpa). Grief is just about the best zealot weapon there is.

U

ulmty

http://dpw.bounceme.net/damage_calc.html
There ya go. That'll give you the correct damage for items with modifiers like grief (which includes astreon's, stonecrusher, etc.). I crunched some numbers before choosing a grief pb for my ladder zealot - I'd be doing a good bit less damage with any other 1h weapon, even an ebotdz or edc (and of course, I easily hit 4fpa - with high enough fanat, any ias grief will get you to 4fpa). Grief is just about the best zealot weapon there is.
thanx for the calculator....alot easier.