Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hi there...

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by whitedrake, Feb 2, 2018.

1. whitedrake

whitedrake Diabloii.Net Member

I just want to say hello to all the people here.
    I have returned to Diablo 2 recently after several, several, several (it was simply few years... last I have played 2001, uff ) years of break. I loved this game when it was fresh and it always have been my favourite (though I have never been in that many other games).

Interesting is that it got me hooked more than in my early gaming days actually (maybe it has something to do with my maturation - appreciating quality over sparkle).

Anyway I feel as a noob once more and if here are some people who would like to get to some games or would be willing to advise, help and/or gave some tips just let me know...

2. Comradederp2033

Comradederp2033 Diabloii.Net Member

I'd recommend summon necro or fire ball/meteor sorc to get back into things.

3. drmalawi

drmalawi Diabloii.Net Member

Hi and welcome :)

Perhaps you could find a Let's play on Youtube and just try to play along as a start

4. BlueSpectra

BlueSpectra Diabloii.Net Member

Hi whitedrake, like wise. I'm in similar boat. I originally played D2 when it first came out many, many years ago. From time to time, I'd return. And now I've returned again. Having been playing for a couple of weeks and have gotten my Necromancer up to L82. He's starting to MF to find gear for future builds. Next will most likely be a Sorc to do more MFing with teleport. I don't have Enigma for the necro yet.

I don't know how often you play online but perhaps we can help each other out from time to time when you're on. What realm do you play on? I'm on US West.

Welcome back. I love D2 but I have to admit the graphics and the small screen size is downright annoying and frustrating. :-(

5. whitedrake

whitedrake Diabloii.Net Member

Hi Spectra,
    Unfortunately I do play EU. I got me Summonancer similar lvl as well the fo/lit sorc but as in your case getting to some nice runes or gear is hard.
    I do not like to play Public that much bcs obviously I am not great with fast picking up loot...:D And not that many people in my circle are playing D2... I guess too old school and not sparkly enough...:D

6. BlueSpectra

BlueSpectra Diabloii.Net Member

Hi whitedrake. Yeah, I hear ya.. I don't play any public games. I don't know any of the people out there and there's just too much crap always going on. I was hoping to find a few trust able people to play with on US West. What is most useful to me is someone helping me -- and I would of course return the favor -- to quickly get all WPs and help with certain final bosses/quests -- for example the maggot lair quest with a necro; that is just so slow going; any help from a higher level character would be very useful when trying to get past this area. Arcane Sanct was also painful when playing the summoner necro. But I eventually got through it.

Anyway, it's too bad you and I are on different realms. Otherwise it would have been nice to help each other out from time to time. Best luck MFing over on your realm. :)