Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hi there, fellow SPFers!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Vemp, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Vemp

Vemp IncGamers Member

Hi there, fellow SPFers!

Old SPF user here, returning every now and then to say hello and have a look at how the D2 SPF community is faring :) A few old-timers may remember me from back in ~2003-2004, when I used to run around the Tunnels all day long in search for my missing grail items.

Well, having a little free time to spend, I got back to some easy-minded monster killing, but having changed two computers from that time I really don't know where my clvl94 Snowwhite Blizzsorc and all of her sisters and brothers have gone. I'm sure they still linger around on some backup disc, but I wanted to start fresh, so I went straight with the good ol' Fishymancer. I'm currently running around with my little army on act2 normal, at clvl26 :jig:

So, if I manage to not fall to the DII MF fever again, I might be able to write a few contributions on the SPF every now and then. If not, we all know who is to blame :scratchchin:

If you don't mind, i'd have a couple quick questions on my mind:
    - Which is the currently "most played" version on the SPF? I've installed and started 1.13c, is this commonly used or are you still playing on 1.10 (or even 1.07)?
    - Playing on Seven 64bits, I can run the game full screen in Direct3d just fine, but playing windowed I can't seem to get more than 256 colors, resulting in major dithering and, even worse, the fact that rare and unique items are almost identical in color. Any way to get more colors apart from running fullscreen?

Hope you have a nice Sunday, and best of luck in your MF runs! :wave:

2. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

Re: Hi there, fellow SPFers!

Try this: http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/index.html
    I've had that dithering and switched to glide long ago with no probs. Iirc you just extract it into your D2 dir, run D2VidTst.exe and choose 3Dfx Glide.

3. Arranj

Arranj IncGamers Member

Nice to see someone return to D2 ^^

+1 for the restart, by far more interesting to start from scratch.

1.13c Is the by far most commonly played version here although people do still play other versions i.e 1.07 for sweet ethereal socketables and some of the funky unique items abilities and +2X max dmg charms ect.

Oh yeah,

[Standard SPF Greetings follow]
    *Kicks crotch*
    May your drops be green and gold.

4. Vemp

Vemp IncGamers Member

@hubb, thanks, it works like a charm!

@arranj, thanks for the greetings :)

fun fact: I noticed D2 causes more cpu load than WoW, no matter what the video mode used. Cpu fan whirls at max speed a few minutes after it is launched, never heard it so loudly before.

item fact: completed Act2 normal, green drops for now: Angelic Mantle, Arctic Furs, Hsarus belt. Uniques: an Axe of Fechmar from an urn in Tal Rasha's Tomb, a Felloak (was it a TC3?) from some random normal monster in act 1. Running around with a few chipped and flawed topazes on helm and chest, gambled a couple nice ~25%MF gloves/boots.

On to act three (which i HATE)!

5. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

Nice drops :) I just started up a clean SP stash as well and I've only managed 1 unique (no sets) in my 25 levels up to diablo.

You can try *unallowed things that would get you banned here*, I've found it runs much better than the vanilla executable. I doubt that it's allowed at the SPF, but as long as you don't use any plugins it makes no difference at all.

GLHF

Please don't suggest members use things that will get them banned here if they enter our MP/trade pool. What you do on your own machine is up to you providing you do not MP or trade with any of our members. It is still not acceptable to suggest doing things which we consider cheating. Thyiad

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2010