Hi rune block

sgriffin

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi rune block

This is a little bit of a vent but here it goes...
I have been playing D2 for the last year and some months and for whatever reason I have been doomed to never see a Hi rune but only in the trade window on the wrong side. My highest rune ever, a gul, was from hell forge but thats as high as I have. Granted I didn't get into playing in hell for the first quarter of my time playing but I have done plenty of runs in hell and no show. What to do what to do?

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
sgriffin said:
This is a little bit of a vent but here it goes...
I have been playing D2 for the last year and some months and for whatever reason I have been doomed to never see a Hi rune but only in the trade window on the wrong side. My highest rune ever, a gul, was from hell forge but thats as high as I have. Granted I didn't get into playing in hell for the first quarter of my time playing but I have done plenty of runs in hell and no show. What to do what to do?
Accept the fate. I´ve been playing for a long time and never seen anything higher than Mal.

cotton

Diabloii.Net Member
Ya, the odds of them falling are astronomical. I have been playing since Classic was just DII, and I have never found one higher than Ist, and that was from the Hellforge (where are you gul?) I saw 1 Vex fall in cows that a friend of mine picked up. Nobody likes the dupers or botters, but without them, the high-end runewords would be unattainable to all except the very richest players. So find your items, trade 'em for runes, and hope they don't poof :D

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
After three years of more or less intensive single player play, I finally had a sting of luck, and popped Ber and Ist from meph's chest! Before that, I've seen Vex and every other rune down from it drop, Vex from a corpse in LK and every other from the countess, even a Gul.

Cerberus

Diabloii.Net Member
I believe gul is the highest rune you can get from forge, so you should be quite happy having one you know is not duped :)

Got an ist the other day from countess and even a pul and an um. You might just get el and elds for 30 (or several 1000 more.. ) games or so, but the joy of finally finding something good i worth it all IMO.

Since the Countess is so easy to do, you can load up on MF-gear and maybe get a ring or jewel worth keeping (she seems to drop quite a bit of these).

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
To give you idea on the rarity of runes I will list some drop chances (the numbers are from ATMA dropcalc)...

Chance to get Windforce from random boss in Pits (or any other lvl 85 area), 400% MF:

1/40647 (~28k kills for 50% chance of finding WF)

Chances of getting certain runes from the random bosses in lvl 85 area:

Ist rune: 1/363493 (~252k kills for 50% chance)
Ber rune: 1/1944416 (~1.35 million kills for 50% chance)
Zod rune: 1/11906059 (~8.25 million kills for 50% chance)

And just to remind you, the above mentioned are just for the highest lvl bosses out there

You can kill normal monsters faster but the odds are very low, for Zod they are something like 1/61450628 in 1 player game (~42 million monster kills for 50% chance of finding Zod)

Countess has very good chances of dropping all runes from El to Ist and Hellforges can drop nicely too (Gul being highest possible from hell difficulty Forge). Anything above Gul is either

- a very lucky drop
- cubed from lower runes
- haxxored
- duped

The 2 last options are the most common, which is a sad thing :(

bluedragoon

Diabloii.Net Member
blizzard should make hirunes drop more often, not super much but a bit more often, so people might not be so tempted to dupe, and they should also take actions against dupers, such as ipadres blocking without warning:)

Zavior

Diabloii.Net Member
bluedragoon said:
blizzard should make hirunes drop more often, not super much but a bit more often, so people might not be so tempted to dupe, and they should also take actions against dupers, such as ipadres blocking without warning:)
Ah so, block few ipadresses. Now, with some operators rotating their ips among their users. ZOMG, we just banned 2000 wrong guys!

sgriffin

Diabloii.Net Member
I think that Blizz set ppl up to brake their own rules which equates to all the legit ppl being put out in the cold to get scraps from the hackers. Granted if you played with other ppl your chances at a hi rune drop go up but at the same time chances are someone with picket would get to it faster than you would are not bad. I am just a bit frustrated with the fact that I either have to be extremely lucky or feed off of a hacker (which would make me not really as legit) to get those hi runes. But I guess that’s why I am still playing a year and x months later.

thx for all the replies
:clap: