Hi! Or, an Introduction

Atomic Love

Diabloii.Net Member
I've been lurking around here for the past few months, so I decided finally to make an account.

I played Diablo II on a friend's computer when it first came out, and desperately wanted it, but I could never get it to run on my computer for some reason. Fast forward to college and a roommate made me play through Normal with him after which I forgot about it again.

Now, several years later, I'm hooked and have been playing for these last couple of months. I've mostly been playing on the realms, but I decided to start single player as well, and I have found this forum to be the most helpful and interesting on the Internet. So, here I am!

I regret to have missed the game and community in its heyday, but I'll still settle for being nearly 20 years late.

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello! Welcome to the SPF. I'm no longer active with D2 or the community, but I still find a reason to come back and visit now and then. These forums have always been quick with providing Diablo update details, rumours of potential updates, all the D2 information you could ask for, plus a fantastic community and more.
Hopefully some others drop in soon, but drop by the EMB for a drink and general chat, and welcome again to the community!

Naturallog

Diabloii.Net Member
You picked a good time to start on single player, actually. Blizzard upped the drop rates for high runes a few patches ago, so now those super desirable runewords like Enigma and Grief are achievable in a reasonable time frame. And you don't even need anything close to good gear to find them, just enough patience to roll a good Lower Kurast map then open chests.

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Echoing the welcomes! Agree on all fronts about great information and friendly community. There are also lots of fun tournament and challenges (or opportunities to pursue your own goals and get feedback/support along the way) to keep the game fresh.

Atomic Love

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the welcome, all.

I haven't made anyone a patriarch or guardian yet, though that's partly because I decided to make my first full playthrough in HC after getting a taste of it, and partly because I have been trying lots of different builds... I have several characters sitting in Acts IV and V of hell on SC.

HC is a little more thrilling, though I'm still too reckless for it—I suspect that if I ever farm an enigma I'll be back a week later crying because the character wearing it deeded. My D2 motto is teleport in wand blazing first, ask questions second, die while panic fleeing third.

I definitely would like to try my hand in a tournament if there are any recent ones, though I don't think I'm skilled or knowledgeable enough yet for the super-challenging ones.

By the way, does someone on this forum run the wiki that is linked to from here? I've been having issues with getting to it on my iPhone after having updated it recently; "safari cannot open the page because too many redirects occurred." I followed Apple's advice on specific and general cache clearing, but those haven't worked, and the next step is supposed to be contacting the administrator of the site that gives the error.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi, and welcome to the SPF :). A very fun and informative place indeed !!!

Tournaments you say? Lots of them actually. Right now the RFL (rune finding tournament) is running. You are (almost) too late for round 1, but you could still join round 2 and 3 if you have a Travincal and a Cow runner.

Other than that, the most active ones are the road to 99 (not really a tournament, more of a journey we make together ;)), the Old Gods of Chaos, the Alphabet Tourney and the Build your own Tournament tournament. Most of them have some degree of challenge on them for sure, but you can never know unless you try :).

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi and welcome!

I'm glad you decided to join us, it's fun here!

I can warmly recommend the RFL if you happen to have a runner for Travincal or Cows (or can make/re-spec). Stay tuned, the signup for the second round (Travi) opens this week :)

Atomic Love

Diabloii.Net Member
Other than that, the most active ones are the road to 99 (not really a tournament, more of a journey we make together ;)), the Old Gods of Chaos, the Alphabet Tourney and the Build your own Tournament tournament. Most of them have some degree of challenge on them for sure, but you can never know unless you try :).
Well, there have been some hard-as-nails tournaments that I've seen while browsing through older posts here. Don't let's forget that a few days ago I lost a druid who didn't respect Rakanishu...

But I really like the looks of that Alphabet Tourney. I think I will join the fray, and maybe the tournament environment will make me play more cautiously so as not to immediately embarrass myself.

Hi and welcome!

I'm glad you decided to join us, it's fun here!

I can warmly recommend the RFL if you happen to have a runner for Travincal or Cows (or can make/re-spec). Stay tuned, the signup for the second round (Travi) opens this week :)
Thanks! I don't think I'll get in on the Trav one, since hell Trav intimidates me and I have no good characters prepped, but I'm certain I can get a cow runner up in time for that round. I actually loveee killing cows, so that will be up my alley.

If I can avoid the physical world enough, this leaves me with three projects off the bat: prep a cow runner, win alphabetical glory, and make sure I'm not the one who deeds first in a duo I'm playing with my best, real-life friend.