Hi! Old player getting back into D2, Advice seeking

Bonemanace

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi! Old player getting back into D2, Advice seeking

Hi, Im an old D2 player coming back after 4 or 5 years, Ive decided to skip battlenet this go and play SP with my youger brother mostly. Im Lit/Orb Sorc, Ive gotten lucky already and found a Vipermagi which now has an open socket.

I feel very behind on the equip side of things and am wondering what I should work toward first? Is saving toward an Um a good Idea for the Skin? I play a little more than a casual but not too hardcore. Any tips from the more expirienced?

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi :wave: First of all , welcome to SPF.

About the question you asked, i wouldnt wait for um rune. It might take quite long to get unless you feel like running countess for hours. I'd socket it with pruby i think .

P.s Have in mind that this advice comes from someone who hates magic finding and plays hc exlusively...

Sir Lister of Smeg

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome, watch out for the squid and keep your shinguards on at all times.

Since you feel behind with regards to equipment, you might want to magic find a bit, and socket it with a perfect topaz. If you find an um eventually, you could then use the unsocketing recipe (which I don't remember, but check for the recipes at the arreat summit) to get the topaz removed and then replace it with the um.

neumein

Diabloii.Net Member
If you want to do some part time magic finding, a perfect topaz is the way to go, if you ask me. Perfect ruby if you need to boost your health a little bit, or if you really need resistances, don't wait for the Um rune (I've been playing for two years, and have only ever found one.), I seem to get shimmering, or rainbow jewels all the time, I can send you a +10 one if you need it.

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
If you want to do some part time magic finding, a perfect topaz is the way to go, if you ask me. Perfect ruby if you need to boost your health a little bit, or if you really need resistances, don't wait for the Um rune (I've been playing for two years, and have only ever found one.), I seem to get shimmering, or rainbow jewels all the time, I can send you a +10 one if you need it.
Thats the polor opposite of me, I don't think I've ever found a res all jewel and rarely find 25%+ res jewels whereas I've found several ums, mals, and ists from forge and cows/questing.

Anyhow, if you do plan on doing some mf, the ptopaz is the way to go, and if you find an Um you can use a Hel to unsocket the topaz and put the Um in.

drsquid

Diabloii.Net Member
Slithers in and steals shinpads.

You might simply want to try the trading forumns if you are playing sp. Also there is a give away thread where basic stuff is donated to those who need it.

What version do you play? Just asking as I play ver 1.07 and an ice orb, thunder storm soc rocks. Fire soc seem to be better in ver 1.10

Laughs evilly as the squid slithers away with the stolen shinpads.