Hi - new to Diablo 2 forum

JamesMartigo

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi - new to Diablo 2 forum

Hi. I've been checking out the Diablo 2 forums here for some days now, and figured this was a good place to introduce myself. My name is Martijn (but Martinus or James will also do :)), I'm 27, and I hail from Holland (ook groeten aan alle Nederlandse forummers :howdy: ). I am currently working as a VR programmer, and I use my scenarios to train rescue workers.

My hobbies include driving, movies, and as you would guess, computer games. My favorites being: Diablo 1, Diablo2:LoD, Age of Empires 2, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, Mechcommander 1&2, Mechwarrior 3, and so on and so forth.

I started playing Diablo 1 in 1998, and I've been hooked ever since. My favorite character was the warrior, and I solo'd my telekill warrior all the way to lvl 47, being able to kill any combination of hell/hell enemies without much problems (Praise to Bolty).

I got an early start on Diablo 2 because I was in the Battlenet stresstest (beta). I play only softcore non ladder single player (PvM), TCP/IP games (alone, or with friends). My favorite character has always been the Barbarian (Roarrrr!!!), and I'm currently taking my new concentrate barbarian all around hell, looking for 'leet gear'.

I read up alot on what the Arreat Summit states, but I still have a lot of question, many of them being related to item hunting, and to character builds. I've read the 1.10 SPF FAQ, and found it to be very helpfull! (Thanks)

For those of you who like to multi (TCP/IP), I hope to see you in a game sometime :)

JamesMartigo

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello! :wave:

Welcome to SPF!

I guess your already know our FAQ and stickies, so now feel free to visit EMB to have a drink on Durf's credit card

I like MP too, so im sur we will meet there

:)

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
welcome feel free to ask any questions and we shall in return try to answer them all.

hope you enjoy your stay.

Zavior

Diabloii.Net Member
JamesMartigo said:
Diablo 1, Diablo2:LoD, Age of Empires 2, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, Mechwarrior 3,
We have same taste of games :clap:

Welcome to forum!

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome to the forums :)

Have to say, you have a good taste there. Telekilling was my favorite past time back in Diablo I, just too bad people didn't like them tri-immunes, for me those were the reason I played it :D

Razaki

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome to the Forums. Please watch your step and DON'T ANGER THE SQUID!!!! Last time the freakin thing ate the whole forum. We don't need another one.

JamesMartigo

Diabloii.Net Member
Haha, thank you all, I'll be careful around cephalopod... I already had some very nice games. Before now, I've only played with close real life friends, so if you could tell me more about multiplayer etuiquette, it would be appreciated.

Flamearrows

Diabloii.Net Member
JamesMartigo said:
Haha, thank you all, I'll be careful around cephalopod... I already had some very nice games. Before now, I've only played with close real life friends, so if you could tell me more about multiplayer etuiquette, it would be appreciated.
"Do unto others and you would have others do unto you" just about covers it. Arguing over the loot is an essential part of the multiplayer experience, and certainly not one we would want to get rid of here :D Please don't pk or anything like that, and everyone will get along just fine.

flamearrows

EDIT: Oh, and welcome to the forums, of course :bonk:

chase_encode

Diabloii.Net Member
A little MP ettique... announce your forum name when entering a mp game. It is nice to know who is playing with you.

Welcome...
First drink is on me.
:drink:
(Where did I put durfs cred card?)