Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hi! New guy w/ a few questions ;)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TDD_Warlord, Feb 4, 2004.

1. TDD_Warlord

TDD_Warlord IncGamers Member

Hi! New guy w/ a few questions ;)

Hey guys! I've been playing d2 for quite a while now (mostly on b.net) but got tired of lag, pk's, dupes and all this crap so I'm trying SP! I've also been reading a bit on this forum and saw some pretty odd/impressive things... like for instance a guy made a zealot with godly items and runes. How in hell can you have um runes and gaze and all those goodies in SP? Can you mule items in SP? What would be the best char/build to start me off in SP? I thought of maybe a summoner necro? I have good knowledge of necros, barbs, sorcs and made a few zons and an hammerdin so I can help some ppl out w/ builds. Oh yeah one last question... how do you guys get to such high levels? Lvl 80+ in sp must take an insane amount of time to get to!!!

Voila! Pretty dumb post I guess but I really need to know ;)

TY!
    TDD_Warlord

2. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

It's is easier to gain items on SP first of all no lag and the maps don't change, so with a good map you could easily run hell meph in a minute or less. As for your first build I would suggest one that can mf easily. Three main choices here, there is the hammerdin, skelimancer or duel elemental sorc.

Last but not least welcome to SPF

Edit: Didn't see level question, no it isn't that hard to reach lvl80+ with the /players x command you finish at around early to mid 80's if you don't rush through too much. But after 90 it really slows down and then it takes an insame amout of time :xx: .

3. Select

Select IncGamers Member

(edit: beat me to it *shakes fist*)

well..WELCOME!

Yes we can Mule in SP with the help of the ATMA program. Im sure someone can point ya to it.

we can simulate up to 8 player games in single player with /players # command...basically the game treats it as if you have the said number of players present so more exp and drops and whatnot.

people have played for a while in SP and yeah there are some pretty wealthy people...

OH and Multi-player games are pretty common(look in the MP games thread) IP games is what they are....yeah skellemancers are a safe bet to start ya out but play what you feel will do well enough untwinked :D

Enjoy your stay cause youre never leaving :p

4. sephiruss

sephiruss IncGamers Member

(edit: Too slow...grr)

And don't forget that in SP, you can level really well with the /playersX command, in which X is a number between 1 and 8 representing the number of players the game thinks is present.

5. TDD_Warlord

TDD_Warlord IncGamers Member

Woah quick replys!

Thanx so much for the GREAT info guys! I think i'll enjoy myself in here ;)
    I've made a nice F/Orb + Meteor Sorc on b.net but it didnt do very well in hell because of all the immunes. Im familiar w/ the Overlord build and Bonemancer to... what are you thoughts on this? I know Hammerdins are good to mf but I dont really like those since you cant aim at all. I've d/l the ATMA prog. but didnt spend time trying to figure out how to mule items w/ it yet... but I will ;) For now I've started a Frenzy Barb... think he will use axe's!

Thanx again for the replys!
    TDD_Warlord

6. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

You can also check out a number of good guides in the SPF faq that is stickied at the top of the page if you ever need any info on a certain build.

7. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF, enjoy your stay here! :howdy:

8. Case_ofLogic

Case_ofLogic IncGamers Member

:p All these "I'm new here" posts basically have a +1 to your post count if you come here sign written all over them. Well hey anyways, and welcome. I'm new as well (haven't even introduced myself) but I have floated around here for a couple days and I'm just like you (getting away from multiplayer to play single player) Well have fun here, I know I already am :xgrin:

9. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

Welcome to the nicest place on the intarweb! :howdy:

10. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

Greetings, salutations and hallucinations.

Frenzy barb, huh? My personal favourite. Not a great build for the PI's but it's fun to wade in, both barrels blazing. :D

11. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Welcome to the SPF! Hope you have fun while here.

12. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums :)

For your questions, yep like others said ATMA's a great tool only for us SP gamers. Though we could do it with the multirun.dll also, just that this is way better. The experience gaining is real easy here as you can play 8 player games compeltely alone without having to get a group of people to do that, and without having to worry about lag. Lvl80 in one day is perfectly attainable without even playing the whole day...then again I'm propably nuts but anyway :lol:

One thing also, everything you get on realms we get on SP, there are no "ladder only" stuff, as we get them too here :) Only thing we are missing is the DiabloClone and that way the Annihilus charm, but I guess most of us don't even miss that.

13. OmanLord

OmanLord IncGamers Member

I know how it is to play on bnet i was godly about 4 different times but then i got hacked the last time and gave up... ive been on forums for a while though my post count isnt that high. Sp definetly has its advantages. if ya want me to i can give you a few low level items to start you off. if you do PM me with your e-mail and il send ya a few.

14. Mr_McGee

Mr_McGee IncGamers Member

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!
    :flip::flip::flip:

15. Bolinbrooke

Bolinbrooke IncGamers Member

If you MF enough it is possible to find most items yourself without too much hassle. ATMA you know about already, and as for lvl's, I haven't finished a Mat or Pat in 1.10 below LVL 83. In 1.09 I did it first at 72 or something crazy like that.

16. kramph

kramph IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF. :p

17. Huorn

Huorn IncGamers Member

Hiya TDD!

What does TDD stand for? Welcome to the forum. You're questions have been answered already. If anything goes wrong with your builds and / or mfing (or whatever, really) just do what we do: Blame Durf!

PS: The welcome jig: :jig::jig::jig::jig:

18. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

Aha! Cower before my mighty Amulet of +1 Post Count, mortal!

Er...ahem. Anyway, welcome to the SPF, TDD_Warlord!

19. DreamlessDude

DreamlessDude IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forum. Have a fun time around here

20. Butzull

Butzull IncGamers Member

Hey, welcome aboard mate, hope you have a good time here!

Most muling questions have been answered but rest assured it's quite easy to build up a decent item base. I just recently took a pretty much untwinked dual-tree sorc to Guardian (I put a Tal's Ammy on at L79, she found the rest herself). She went with Fireball (synergised) and Orb with a high level Cold Mastery. She absolutely ROCKS on Hell Meph runs, and by doing one every minute or so for a couple of hours you can outfit a few characters quite well!

Good luck in the world of SP,

Butz. :teeth: