hi, got a question about soj recipe

stoutewolf

Diabloii.Net Member
hi, got a question about soj recipe

hello there :)

i was looking at the arreat summit, and saw this recipe:

1 Perfect Skull + 1 Rare Item + Stone of Jordan = 1 High Quality New Rare Item of the same type
This formula has the possibility of creating a higher quality Rare Item than the following formula. ilvl = int(.66 * clvl) + int(.66 * ilvl) That is, the ilvl will be equal to .66 times your clvl (rounded down) plus .66 times the input item's ilvl (also rounded down).

this makes me dream about a crazy grand matron bow with cruel, grandmasters and 20ias, and a possible 2sockets on.

anyway, my question would be: what is the ideal charlevel/bow item level combo that just makes it possible to cube such bow, but low enough to weed out the mods that arent in that list.

currently playing singleplayer/LAN with a dropmod activated, so would like to know how to not waste useless time

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
That recipe is extremely expensive, but I guess you know this. In addition, rare items cannot get the Grandmaster's affix, you have to settle for Master's.

A GMB has a rather high base quality level (78) which results the affix level to be 2*x-99 with x being either the ilvl or the base qlvl, whichever is higher. That means, with the smallest value of x being 78, the affix level can't be lower than 2*78-99=59. That's just a little above the alvl of the cruel and master's affix, which are rather good news because you don't have to be that picky about the character level then. We can stop at this point because you can do the rerolling with a L1 mule because of that, but out of curiosity I will continue with the calculatiom

To reach that minimum alvl, 0.66*ilvl+0.66*charlvl must be 78 or smaller. In addition, you probably want to reroll the GMB endlessly without its ilvl becoming higher and higher. That means, with an ilvl 78 GMB (the highest you want it to have), you need a L39 or lower level character to let it turn into another one with ilvl 78 or less, resulting in an affix level 59 GMB all the time.

stoutewolf

Diabloii.Net Member
Oo interesting.

well it wont be that expensive because its a dropmod^^ but yes.

your answer is exactly the one i am looking for sir! thanks a ****ing lot :D
might be wrong though, lets say if i take an ilvl 90 gmb and roll it with a lvl 1 char all the time, the ilvl would approach 78 (or go under it, but that wouldnt matter for the affix level), correct?Oo

p.s. motorhead rules ;)

DarkElmo

Diabloii.Net Member
pay attention to the fact that it is a small possibilty - i have done this before - 4times, none have worked for a Good high Quality - - I did get a decent one once- but sadly - it wasnt my soj - - so good luck making with your own items.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Oo interesting.

well it wont be that expensive because its a dropmod^^ but yes.

your answer is exactly the one i am looking for sir! thanks a ****ing lot :D
might be wrong though, lets say if i take an ilvl 90 gmb and roll it with a lvl 1 char all the time, the ilvl would approach 78 (or go under it, but that wouldnt matter for the affix level), correct?Oo

p.s. motorhead rules ;)
Correct. After the first reroll, the new ilvl will be 0.66*1+0.66*90=59 (not 60, because of rounding).

The lyrics in my sig are quite fitting for what you are intending to do :azn: