Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hi, can anyone help with d clone. EHCL

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by kenshinlod, Apr 9, 2004.

1. kenshinlod

kenshinlod IncGamers Member

Hi, can anyone help with d clone. EHCL

dunno how long its gonna be up. my connection is crappy. he regenerates real fast.

whisper *kenshinscd for game name.

2. kenshinlod

he's dead thanks to dellguy.

3. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

Hehe, that was me :) Anyway, I'm getting Realm Down at the moment :( I'll meet you in that other game as soon as I can get back online.

4. kenshinlod

cool. im watching basketball so whenever your on. hopefull not too long.

5. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

Thanks again for letting me keep the charm :D 13/18/6 if anyone is interested.

6. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

What char did you use to kill him? Where I am going with this, is would a fairly well equipped frost-zealot with a LOT of IAS, crushing blow and ITD be able to kill him reasonably fast? (also 95% fire resist and some absorb) Sorry if this is an obvious question, I have never met him ;)
    And grats on the charm/kill, both of you :)
    -Matt

7. kenshinlod

he killed him with a hammerdin. you definitely need prevent monster heal. he regenerates real quick. not too sure but i dont believe itd works on bosses. i didn't have max res but had about -30mdr and i didn't take too much damage from his lit blast. his physical attack hurt me though. i saw soj sold to merchant about 6 times and in couple of minutes my screen shook and said diablo walks the earth.

8. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

itd does not work on bosses.... and btw i dont even think cb works with dclone. i fought dclone with my barb and it was a pain in the @#s!! had 10%cb crafted glove on, and never seemed to work..... isnt cb >>chance to take monster's life to half? i could be totally wrong. and btw matt, your pally will be smoked, period. dclone blocks 75%? or 50 and has really high defence. so your pally will hit him every 10 hits or so doing crappy damage. and even with a boed 4k life barb, its still not that safe to tank him.

9. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

Like Kenshin said, I used a Hammerdin wearing a Nature's Peace ring. The clone was regenerating from my hammers pretty quickly. I didn't realize I needed to hit him with my weapon for the "Prevent Monster Heal" to kick in. :) So, I ran up to him and stabbed him with my Wizardspike and then hammered him from there :) Once he stopped regenerating, he wasn't that bad.

As far as resists go, I have 90 in all resists. He wasn't hurting me too bad but I did use a couple potions. He was more focused on going after Kenshin, anyway :)

10. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Crushing blow is takes 1/10th life off of bosses.

11. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

CB is 1/20 of a bosses life, and it is 1/20 of the "current life" so if the monster has 1000 life the firs CB will take 1/20 of that +normal damage, then the next CB with will take 1/20 of his life at that time + normal damage.

CB will hurt a big boss early very fast and can almost look like you static him, but CB with low damage can take a long time for that last say 1/8 of his life as CB isnt doing a lot its almsot all your base damage.

My TEB-Thumper (nice name huh?) only has Gulliams and the Unique Sin boots, lvl 31 Dragon Talon and he make DC look like a panzy! It would only be quicker if I had more crushing.

12. nz-junglist

nz-junglist IncGamers Member

Why people don't mention barbs as good DC killers is beyond me. My lvl 81 barb made short work of the Clone last night using zerk. He has about 45% CB from Kingslayer + Goreriders, i was wearing draculs too but i'm not sure if life tap works with zerk, at any rate i hate no probs, and only had to chug 2 juvies during the battle ( which lasted all of 90 secs)..the charm was 20/15/10 :D my best yet.

I tryed him once with my hammerdin but i seemed to do no dmg at all to him ( maybe his crazy regen as i had no PMH on him)..mind you my pally was still kinda lil he had no shako or hoz when he took him on, so his hammers were only 5k dmg -.-

IMHO Kingslayer is prolly the best weapon for a barb to kill the clone with...PMH, Crushing, Open wounds...nice!

13. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

5 k Hammers will smoke DC, it is clearly that you had no PVH or you just wasnt hitting him.

14. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

The Hammerdin I used last night did not have Shako or HoZ, either. He also does around 5k Hammer damage. The clone went down pretty easily once we stopped the regeneration with PMH.

Not doubting what you're saying about a barb but just letting you know that my Hammerdin wasn't anything special.

15. HR-Tecira

HR-Tecira IncGamers Member

yea hammerdins will kill him fast but a good zerker barb will do a good job also. All you need is kingslayer or another good damage weapon with a source of pmh then go zerk away. If your weapon does not have pmh pick up a natures peace to wear for clone fighting that works very good (it is the solution I used while using an Eternity CS).

16. Shanka

Shanka IncGamers Member

The pmh would be easily achieved with a merc using bonehew, or Blackhorns face for instance. Saves you from actually get in a hit with your wizspike, hehe.