Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hi - and some build help please

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by HappyPig, Apr 16, 2005.

1. HappyPig

HappyPig IncGamers Member

Hi - and some build help please

I've been lurking for a while, really enjoying the tournaments and everybodies adventures.

But now I'm a little indesicsive (sic) over how to complete my 'Nat's Odium Blade-Fury-Shadow-sin' and thought it was time for some opinions.
    This is going to be my last twinked char (although hopefully my first mat) before I switch to HC untwinked.

Sillouhette
    Lvl 66 Assasin
    Skills:

Venom 20
    Claw mastery 20
    shadow master 14
    weapon block 6
    Clk o' shad 5
    Blade fury 1
    +pre-reqs etc.
    Currently have about +10 to shadow skills when prebuffing

So my questions:

1. Skill placement, max shadow master then? I'm thinking cloak of shadows for a decent duration when I hit hell.

2. Equipment. Obiuosly Nats gear then?
    Gloves: currently cleglaws, could use crafted knockback, or something ctc on striking? lavagout?
    amulet: I'm thinking of switching my +skills for atmas scarab (for the amp).
    Ring: one is ravenfrost the other?
    most importantly the 2nd claw: I could use nats for damage or shadow killer, I have a an eth jade talon thats awsome damage and could be upped (how long will it last though?) alternativly I could shop for a simple 3 -400 ed warfist.

3. finally, socketing. I have about 6 sockets on this set so, ED, resists am I missing something?

Thanks for reading through my mess of thoughts, I think I know the direction I'd like to take it's just needing to get thoughts onto virtual paper, and hopefully having some confirmation from other, or some other interesting ideas.

This character has been really fun to play so far, turning groups of monsters into a chaos of infighting, standing to one side flinging in the blades.

2. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

1) Equipment looks good. I really haven't played a BF sin, so I'm not 100% sure on gloves.
    2) IIRC, the Blade Fury damage is only calculated by one claw. I would go with a shield unless you're set on keeping another claw for style purposes. Then I would go with another Nat's claw or Bartuc's.
    3) In order of importance I would shoot for... Resists, Life, Faster Hit Recovery, Damage.

Oh. Also welcome to the forums and stuff.

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

First of..cool name! And secondly welcome to the forums:)

1. I'd max shadow master but I really like minions...Maybe some points in Death Sentry, takes a lot of points but a very cool and usefull skill.

2. For the gloves I'd definitely craft some hit-power gloves or whatever they are called, they can be really sweet if you get lucky.
    A rare resist ring perhaps...
    I don't think you can shop for 400% ed War Fists, the max you can get from vendors is Cruel with 300% ed, but you can also get "of Evisceration".
    Does your claws lose durability when you use Blade Fury, otherwise a Jadetalon and weapon block would be awesome. If not then I'd second Serdash suggestion of claw+shield.
    3. Most importantly resists..the others you can figure out as you go along.

Good luck.

4. PyroStock

PyroStock IncGamers Member

I agree, good name. :D

1. I don't think you need any more points in CoS given your +skills. It sounds like you already have a 1pt MindBlast. Maxing ShadowMaster to be a good tank and better fighter is worth it, especially come Hell Ancients. Spending the prereqs to get a 1pt DeathSentry can be very helpful as well for it's CorpseExplosion.

2. IIRC, Blade Fury is always the same speed regardless of the weapon, best with a 1-handed weapon and doesn't need to be a claw. CrushingBlow does great with BladeFury, but Nat's Set makes that more difficult to obtain. BloodGloves, Cleglaws, Laying of Hands, and HitPowerGloves are all good. A shield or JadeTalon sound ok.

3. Elemental Resists first (especially lightning, but especially lightning ;)), Nat's Set will give you nice DamageReduction. Although since BoS only helps your FRW, you can use Fade for even more resists and more DamageReduction. Aim for life over 1000, but since you're not melee you might be able to get away with less. Even my L80 HC Assassin never had a problem with Poison, she died from physical damage. Poison is slow, Nat's Set by itself will keep you very good for poison and you're not going to be hugging any zombies. You can overdose on antidotes before fighting Baal's Act5Hell Mummies for the 1 area poison is bad.

5. farting bob

farting bob Banned

*pokes the pig in the belly* Yes, this one is just about plump enough, get the BBQ going someone!
    1. After SM i would make Cos a bit bigger. Dont go for the traps, since they need to be synergized to be really effective, unless you go for DS just for the corpse explosion, which can be a good idea if placed near the pack. But dont try and get it high enough to do good lightning damage, you wont have the points.
    3. By the time your in hell, you ideally want at least 50 to all, if not maxed. So if it looks like your only going to have 20something res, then try and find stuff to boost that before you get to a point where its really going to hurt. Other mods to look for will be IAS, +damage, FHR and amybe a little FRW if you think you need it. MF doesnt hurt either.

6. PyroStock

IAS has no impact on BladeFury. Does it help with WeaponBlock or something?

7. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Ahh yes, my mistake, IAS doesnt help for a furysin. i dont play melee sins much, excuse my n00bness.

8. Mankey

Mankey IncGamers Member

Venom 20
    Claw mastery 20
    shadow master 14 (As long as this is a min of 17 when cast your ok... But more points never hurt)
    weapon block 6 (Since you've already spent the points dual claw is the way to keep it)
    Clk o' shad 5 (one point has always been more than enough for me, and my SW usually casts it more than I do)
    Blade fury 1 (gg!)

So my questions:

1. Skill placement, max shadow master then? I'm thinking cloak of shadows for a decent duration when I hit hell.
    Actually this is going to depend on what player setting your on... If your going to solo hell on P1 I do fully sugest ONE point into DS for the CE. One point into MB if you don't already have it (I use this more than CoS)

And somthing radical to consider... I can vouch for the viability since this is my sin... add 20 into dragon claw and one into dragon flight... This suports your dual claw nature even more. DF is nice for a number of reasons, but mobility (porting to your foes) and minion control are my two favorite reasons why it's a must have on my sins.

2. Equipment. Obiuosly Nats gear then? (Check and check)
    Gloves: I used LoH but I also maxed DC Makes for a 5/5 frame DC with BoS
    amulet: I'm thinking of switching my +skills for atmas scarab (for the amp). Maybe keep atmas scarab on "switch" for pesky PIs (providing you don't have a reapers toll on your merc) A very nice ammy to consider is Highlords which I'm about to switch onto my girl and trade off the LoH probably... well see since +40 IAS doesn't do anything for me. Anyways the +skill and DS are always welcome, especially considering the fact that you have Maxed CM (50+% DS is NICE)
    Ring: one is ravenfrost the other a nice rare to pick up on what your lacking else where... Mine uses a rare with res/ml/ar
    most importantly the 2nd claw: Once again choices choices hehe, Shadow killer I used just for style :thumbsup: Although a nice upped btucs would have probably been better all around. The jade talon can be used if you have saggy resists and no other way of suplementing them.

3. finally, socketing. I have about 6 sockets on this set so, ED, resists am I missing something? All my sockets are empty ATM, I'm waiting for some nice 15 res all/ XXX jeweles and still deciding on the ED jewel to stick in the claw. Since I'm a big fan of bos, I'm making up for my resists here. Once again look at your breakpoints and decide what you need...

Hopefuly my mess of thoughts has helped somewhat :scratch:

9. HappyPig

HappyPig IncGamers Member

Thanks

Well thanks, most of you confirmed thoughts already in my head. It's nice to agree.

yes I use dual claw for style. similarly I am limiting myself to the shadow tree for the same reason, if I wanted traps I would have made a trapper.

@pyrostock: Crushingblow I havn't really bothered with yet because it's cut down by Blade fury and then again by players 8 (where I'm playing till Hell) so there diddn't seem any poimt, but when I drop for hell it'll be worth it?

Anyway thanks for the thoughts I'll let you know how I get on.

10. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

Welcome HP, since I didn't see your intro if you did one, have these cookies. To answer some questions brought up, blade fury does not use durability (I know from my no repair tourney) so if you can find a eth you get the extra damage w/o having to worry to hard about using it up, always a bonus.

11. PyroStock

I agree for Nightmare you don't need it. But once you reach Hell you will find it valuable at some point, IMO. Not necessarily on a Hell Act1Skeleton, but when you're trapped in a small room with Hell Duriel you might. Hell Baal has over 4times the life in Hell than Nightmare at almost 500,000 life. A Merc with a fast weapon (6 or 6.5frames) also does nicely with CB if you can keep him alive. If you go through Hell without any CB on you or your Merc and make Mat on a 1-handed claw with a 3/4weapon-penalty congrats, but if you run into problems consider CB.

12. Mankey

Mankey IncGamers Member

BF IS a trap :-/ anyways... DS is not for the lightning dmg but more so for the CE.

If your not going to use the second claw for anything other than style and claw block, I'd definanly use jade talon

13. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

Welcome aboard. That's one build I've always wanted to try, just never got around to it. I'm glad you're enjoying it.