Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hi all ! New to the forums but not new to the game

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by RadTang, Mar 8, 2016.

1. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

Hi ! I just decided to register here from pure boredom. I play D2 from time to time but never on kind of a solid basis. Currently it's the only game I play. Of course legal (D1 + Hellfire were also bought by me but I use downloaded ISOs as my CDs are in very poor condition). I played pirated D2 a long time ago (can't specify how long ago, maybe more than 5 years ago or so) but never finished the game (never killed Diablo & Baal on normal - so low... Not because I was a poor player probably...).

I play 100% SP only with a non-accepted mod (1.13c). I have locked all the multiplayer-related features (even items and runewords) and use only the free non-acceptable mod-available respecs (used skill reset just once - as I have found with my current char a staff providing +2 to shiver armor and +1 to all skills so the point put in the 1st cold armor was wasted for me -> the synergy bonus was too small and unimportant and I could achieve more with that point put elsewhere). I promise I won't use that feature in tournaments :D

Never played D2 multiplayer and I have only bad experiences in multiplayer gaming (I'm so terrible at LoL... used to be addicted to it)

I had 2 chars in Hell - 1st was a barbarian (but he was so weak that he was unable even to slain Fallen in Blood Moor) and 2nd was a sorceress (no teleport / static field) but she wasn't able to get past hell Ancients (omg... spent quite a lot time on them and couldn't finish it, always died at the very beginning).

Now I have a MeteOrb Sorceress (based on wiki's guide) named Gertruda (after my professor - should make an Javazon as her name means that she's strong in javelin-based combat - thanks a lot, Wikipedia :D ). She's at level 74 now and I have cleared Den Of Evil at Hell. I'm making Nightmare Baal runs in my MF gear (180% with Gheed's Fortune found today ! ) to get some more stuff, gold and extra strenght. These Zombies at Hell are so tanky... I think I will hit 75 and go to Hell with myself and her :D As I said before, I have never cleared D2 on Hell (same is with D1 + Hellfire but I never made more than nightmare church as D1 at higher level is very boring).

And something more personal about me: My name is Patryk and I'm from Poland (I play D2 in Polish - the voices are better for me, tried English version but I like Polish more). I'm unemployed (with nearly no work experience... ) and I'm 25 years old, suffering from laziness & depression sometimes. Though I have finished my education I'm doing a PhD in social policy, the field I have minored & majored. Haven't even started my dissertation yet but I have written 4 articles (of which, so far, only 1 was published). I'm lonely but I think I'm quite kind to others :p

I sometimes listen to music (especially when commuting). Used to even write CD reviews (in Polish, few were translated to English). I mostly listen to Tangerine Dream (electronic music), Kraftwerk (electronic), SBB (polish prog rock band), The Beatles (pop, rock). Used to collect CDs too. I have currently 200+ CDs in my collection and written nearly 200 reviews in Polish. Some were more or less narrative-based and sound was used as a stimulator for me to write stories based upon music.

Well, that's all for now ! Have to quickly hit 75 before I have to go out today to university :D

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2016
    Grape and Kitteh like this.
  2. ColossalAtom

ColossalAtom IncGamers Member

Welcome! I am also new around here as well. The guys in this forum are quite friendly and would help with any issue in SP.

I just returned to D2 after years of not playing it. I haven't got through normal yet, because of real life responsibilities. I made several characters and trying to decide which character I want to play through Hell first.

RadTang likes this.
  3. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Hi, and welcome :). Another newbie here (to the SPF that is, I've played and am still playing the heck out of D2).

Concerning NON ACCEPTED MODS: it's probably best that a mod jumps in to clarify, but afaik it might be a problem for tournaments that you have it installed, even if you state you won't use it there. But like I said, I'll let someone more experienced fill in the details.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2016
    RadTang likes this.
  4. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

Thanks for the replies ! :) I really started to like this community. Just made a small break in my last Baal run to 75. Hope that he will drop something good. I will later post a shot of my armor when I set plugy to English as I'm kind of proud of it. :)

Edit: just hit 75 ! Baal dropped The Vile Husk. Another unique / set item in my collection. :) A very low quality, just little above the minimum % Enchanced Damage.

A screens with my char's stats + items. I hope I can post them here :p 10+ images.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The armor is special one as I finally find some elite armor worthy of an Imbue. I used a rare (not an Imbue) exceptional one (160+ defense, notable resists bonuses - I value resist bonuses highly, all my charms are resists ! :D ) and switched to this imbued one. Socketed it at Larzuk to get a slot for a jewel (the poison resistance comes from the jewel).

I have a few other images too, especially from normal difficulty. I strive to get decent block % (current is 51%), dex base is 135 and base energy is 50, str base - 95 (to wear these Aldur's comfortably).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  5. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Welcome, glad you joined us, even if it was just out of sheer boredom!

You are probably valuing resists a bit too high. Especially poison. Cold could be safely lowered as well a bit. Defense is largely pointless for a Sorc, I would just ignore it as a stat priority. I'd certainly change that belt, as it offers almost nothing. Your life is way too low for hell as well, I always shoot for 1k health as base, or close to it at least. I am also not a fan of Blocking on a Sorc, but some people do like it, so it's okay if you want to keep it.

Spirit sword would be a big upgrade for your weapon. And insight on the merc if he's not using it. A smoke as armor would help free up charms/gear for better items as well.

RadTang likes this.
  6. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

Welcome, enjoy your stay! Good luck on finishing on Hell for the first time!

I am glad you enjoy the community. There is so much information on this site from its community, I find myself just reading and reading even though I have been reading stuff here for 10 years now.

RadTang likes this.
  7. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

Thanks for the advices @kestegs . I have a MF boosting unique belt so I will switch it. Regarding my merc, he's using Malice on a Lance. I shoudn't care that much about blocking as I run. Thanks again ! :)

Thanks too, @thefranklin :) This site is awesome. A lot of builds. I might finally try to make a decent barbarian. :)

8. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

Hey welcome to the forums!

Getting some faster caster rate gear will also help you in a long run with that sorc :) Gambling amulets, rings and circlets should give you some usable rares/magics. I shoot for 63 or 105 FCR with my sorcs. 40 is the brake point before those.

Hell Ancient Tunnels in Act 2 Lost City is a great place to farm with a sorc with some cold spell, as there's no natural immunes, and the place can drop every item in the game. Good luck!

9. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

Hi @Grape ! :) thanks for the advice.

I'm currently trying to get it legal - this unsupported mod can't work together well with ATMA or GoMule. Or I do something wrong. I had a lot of gems and some runes and a lot of uniques / sets (inifinite stash + 10x10 stash benefits)... Now I would have to delete this char and start all over again or I have to use the stashing features of ATMA. I'm trying it all now...

Edit: few items have invalid data... something about bad location. I'm trying to migrate properly from this unsupported mod to regular SPF rules-based gameplay.

Edit 2: it all got damaged now.. at least the secondary stash file I have created.. I will start again...

Edit 3: muling seems to be hard... I can't do it "live", in-game without saving it. Except hotmuling. I've installed Singling. Now I can play and put in game other mule character to take the items and add it to stash in ATMA / GoMule. Am I right? The muled item would be removed from my character and then I could move it from the mule to a stash in muling program.

Edit 4: I don't want to save & exit every time I want to transfer items.. I will try hotmuling :) hope it is not a major crime here. I don't want to dupe anything (at least not having this in mind - I've read that duping might occur during hotmuling).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    PandadudeSP likes this.
  10. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

As long as you are careful you won't dupe anything by hotmuling. But you can only mule off that way, never on. Generally it's no trouble to stop at a waypoint, S&E, alt-tab, transfer, and then start back up. Your map even stays the same, just the monsters respawn. It's fast easier than carefully hotmuling I'd say.

11. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

I'm experimenting with ATMA. GoMule made me dupe items I wanted to store in separate stash - I still had them in-game. After save, I edited the new stash in ATMA and it helped - the item was there and I lost it in game, as it should be. :)

12. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

I would try to use GoMule, it is much, much, much, much better You can search across all stashes, pick all / drop all to and from characters and stashes. For the Zodathon, I open my zon, hit "Pick All" which grabs every item in my stash, and then "Drop All" into my Zodathon.d2x file. Done. If there is stuff I want to save in my stash, I just have to click on each thing I want to mule once and then Drop All in whatever stash file they go in. It is much faster than drag and drop.

You will get used to muling after you leave game, eventually you will have a copy of most of the junk and won't be picking up as much :)

13. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

Have to try GoMule after leaving the game. Haven't counted but I had probably 100 or even more gems and only a handful of runes. Thanks again. :) After I full my stash with items, I will try to clear it with GoMule.

14. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

I agree with thefranklin, GoMule is much easier to use. It might take some time to get used to it, but once you are that far, muling goes very fast, and safe :).