Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hi All! Begining SP!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by sutra, Mar 4, 2004.

1. sutra

sutra IncGamers Member

Hi All! Begining SP!

Hi all!

I've been palying in bnet until this time but i've encountered so many weirdos that i am becoming fed up!

So i am planning on start SP, but i have some doubts regarding a couple of things:

1- Is the economy of the game (number/quality of items generated) afected by playing SP or is the same as Bnet MP?

2- If i want to join an open MP game how do i do that?

Thanks for the help, and i hope i will be more happy playing SP!

2. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

1. The number of items that drop from normal monsters (non-bosses) and containers/chests depends on the number of players in the game. In SP, you can simulate up to 8 players with the /players x command, where x = 1-8. The quality (non-magical, magical, rare, unique, etc) of the items depends only on the amount of Magic Find you are wearing. You can get all ladder-only items in SP (except the unique small charm, since Diablo Clone can´t spawn) and all the ladder-only cube recipes work in SP.

2. Look in the stickied MP thread.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot my manners. Welcome to the forum! :howdy:

3. Muffassa

Muffassa IncGamers Member

concerning connecting to other games in multiplayer, in Diablo, go to the "other" multiplayer tab, and then use the IP address function. All us SP post games in the Multiplayer thread, so go to the last page there, and copy/paste the numbers in. (sorry if this is too basic, but there are people of all levels that may read this.)

If you want to host a game and don't know your ip address, do a google search for IP address and the first link should tell you yours (works for me all the time). Then just post your IP in the Weekly MP thread, and people will hopefully join. Good luck :)

Also, if your new to SP, you may want to check out ATMA - a big help in mueling - almost everyone uses it here.

Nice to see a new face too :drink: :buddies:

4. sutra

sutra IncGamers Member

I have allready look at that tread but it doesn't technacly explain how i join the games... it only lists the resquests/announcements for new mp games..

5. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

The economy is fairly healthy here in fact its better then Bnet. Except for the occasional duped rune the items are ligit. As for quantity of items there are a few players here that have complete -1 grails.

Welcome to the Forum!

6. XaviarGangrel

XaviarGangrel IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF, hope you enjoy your stay :)

I think the economy is based mostly on individual need, and also like someone already said, I think all of the items people trade are legit. Also people are pretty generous, so you'll find alot of lower level stuff is just given away :)

7. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

if you don´t have a firewall/router then you should be able to host MP games

go to "other multiplayer game" - - > " tcp/ip" - ->"host or join depending on what you want"

to get your "real" ip adress that people can join up with you, you have to go to www.whatsmyip.com and use that IP

have fun and hope to se u in MP games!! :)

8. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

To join our Mp games:

Other multiplayer --> tcp/ip game --> join game --> enter the IP of host computer and press enter --> select your character --> wait a moment and you are there

And of course welcome to SPF! :howdy:

:)

9. -.kreizi.-

-.kreizi.- IncGamers Member

I got a question, when i cheked my IP trough Comand Promt it gave me one IP. But when i went to TCP/IP game and clicked host, the game gave me tottally different IP, how ? and which is it then?

10. sutra

sutra IncGamers Member

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Just got one a couple more questions:

1- Is the spirit of SP, to u guys, playing more "seriously" instead of that frenzy rush for lvl up fast seen in Bnet (I've seen guys lvl 12,14 doing act 4 and 5, wich his pretty ridiculous)?
    I personally like to play by fun doing all quests myself ad exploring most of the maps!

2- Is the speed of, let's say a 8 player game, more slow or equal to bnet?

Thanks All.

11. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF...this is a lot different than the constant barrage of flaming and horrible writing you'll find on certain other sites. The SPF is a great place to be. Have fun. :thumbsup:

12. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Well we play more "seriously", we very seldom rush (and it is quite difficult alone too :D). I don't do full clears always, but I kill hell Baal on lvl 80+, which is just normal here

Im not sure what do you mean with your 2nd question, but it is slower, because you have to do all killing yourself and monsters are as tough

13. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF, fishman! :wave: You'll find that there is no real economy here as everything is based on usefulness and want. For MP games, play TCP/IP or passworded games on open battle.net - though never public games on open. Anyway, good luck magic finding and happy questing!

14. sutra

sutra IncGamers Member

By that question i mean the speed of the game itself, since it is not hosted by bnet servers... If i host a game and my conection insn't great wouldn't
    all of the 7 players who join my game be all laggy?

15. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

yes your connection as a host does affect everyone who join your game

16. WaNg

WaNg IncGamers Member

Heya, and welcome to the SPF :howdy:

To answer your last question, I got a 512/128 connection, and I have been able to host for 6 people without much lag...it of course also depends on what connecion the people that joins has. Just try and host some games, and see if it's good. :)

17. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo IncGamers Member

Welcome! :howdy:

18. sutra

sutra IncGamers Member

I usually play solo but occasionaly i like to play a 8 plyr party and kick some monster butt. If the party is made of decent game/likers type, then i assist to the true power of different chars combining to make a very fun play style.

To play in a bnet password game (mores speed, theorectly) i cannot use my sp char (i think). So if i decide to create a mp game for use with my sp char then i would have to creat it by tcp/ip, right?

19. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

you can use open bnet with your sp chars but its not adviced at all.

usualy you be fine playing in tcp/ip games

20. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Looks like your questions are already answered so nothing left to do except this; Welcome to the asylum for the hopelessly addicted diabloholics :D