hi a few questions about acronymns

garion

Diabloii.Net Member
hi a few questions about acronymns

what is

cta (call to arms?)
coa ? (chains of ?)
script
eth (are these the upped items via the cube receipe, everyone want these)

i see these mentioned from time to time but arent too clear about what they are...

thanks
 

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
cta = call to arms, runeword, as you guessed.

coh = chains of honor, another runeword.

script = like javascript etc. something running on your computer doing things. not to be associated with diablo2.

eth = ethereal. these are the items that spawn somewhat transparent, can not be repaired, and have 50% more def/damage. these are wanted for various reasons, but since they can reach higher damage or defense, they sure have some use.

:teeth:
 

Elgar

Diabloii.Net Member
LorveN said:
cta = call to arms, runeword, as you guessed.

coh = chains of honor, another runeword.

script = like javascript etc. something running on your computer doing things. not to be associated with diablo2.

eth = ethereal. these are the items that spawn somewhat transparent, can not be repaired, and have 50% more def/damage. these are wanted for various reasons, but since they can reach higher damage or defense, they sure have some use.

:teeth:
script can also mean (de)script(ion) of the game. This is to what i think the author is alluding. there are trade games on realm saying "pul for script" where the description is drawn out more than what the game name would be allowed.
 

garion

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks for the explanation :lol:

so the eths are 50% more def/dmg (depending on armor/weapon)?

but why use them if they can be repaired? is it really worth putting a zod in them?

and i see people trading scripts, its not an item they're trading then?

thx
 

garion

Diabloii.Net Member
Elgar said:
script can also mean (de)script(ion) of the game. This is to what i think the author is alluding. there are trade games on realm saying "pul for script" where the description is drawn out more than what the game name would be allowed.
oh, that makes sense..yah sometime i see an actually drawn out description of the game (ie "only lvl 60 pallys"...etc)

thanks a bunch...! :D
 

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Why ethereal items can be useful:

Equipment used on mercenaries won't lose durabilty
Some runewords or ethereal items repair or replenish by themselves
Some runewords are indestructible
Some items are worth it to put a Zod into
Some weapons will never be used for attacking
 

garion

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
Why ethereal items can be useful:

Equipment used on mercenaries won't lose durabilty
Some runewords or ethereal items repair or replenish by themselves
Some runewords are indestructible
Some items are worth it to put a Zod into
Some weapons will never be used for attacking
so these ethereal items need to have the correct number of sockets right?...other wise they arent that useful

also what items will not be used for attacking? armor (helms, gloves,boots...etc) still loses durability when you get hit right?

thanks for all the info
 

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Well, ethereal items can have sockets from the beginning, just like any other item. Also, quest1 in act5 allows you to add a socket to any weapon/body armor/helm/shield, in which you can stick a Zod rune.

Yes, armors lose durability when struck on, but Krischan was probably thinking of items such as wands, staffs, and even the usual "melee weapons". For example, the spirit runeword which is truly great for casters, can be made in swords. Ethereal items have lower requirements, and if you are a caster, you will never use it in the melee way.

Besides, an ethereal sorc-orb looks a lot cooler than normal ones. Remember, that style is important! :D:D
 

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
on bnet you will see trade games called "ist for script" etc
look at the description for the game to see what they actually need
 

Oscuro

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
garion said:
also what items will not be used for attacking? armor (helms, gloves,boots...etc) still loses durability when you get hit right?
Also, an Assassin using the Blade Fury skill can use a high damage ethereal weapon without worry. The skill damage depends on the weapon's damage, but the weapon itself is not used to attack (and thus does not use durability).
 

Oddity

Diabloii.Net Member
Another example are any weapons you don't ever use for actual attacking. For example, the Occulus, or the runeword Heart of the Oak. Both are used by spellcasters who never attack with them, thus it's not important if they are ethereal or not.
 

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
SeDnA said:
I think when he asked for CoA he meant Crown of Ages, or not?
Good point, my mistake. Read wrong :bonk:
CoA is Crown of Ages, unique Corona (helm), stats are as follows:

Defense: 349-399 (Base Defense: 111-165)
Required Level: 82
Required Strength: 174
+50% Enhanced Defense
+100-150 Defense (varies)
+1 To All Skills
Damage Reduced By 10-15% (varies)
All Resistances +20-30 (varies)
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
Socketed (1-2) (varies)
Indestructible
 
Top