Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

hey it's blood baron...been a while since i've been here i

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by coldarmy13, Feb 18, 2004.

1. coldarmy13

coldarmy13 IncGamers Member

hey it's blood baron...been a while since i've been here

yeh most of u old vets know my "saga" with the whole kidney thing. well i'm back here after galavanting around the druid forums and whatnot. i thought that concdins were dead since ar is such a big issue these days, well i might have an idea that would revamp my old concdin and make him a viable pvper again. idunno if this idea has been presented before, but here it is, if no one thought of it.

skills:
    20 zeal
    20 sacr
    20 conc
    20 holy shield
    prereqs + extra skills for whatever

here's the fun part
    beast zerker
    highlord's
    steelrend
    gores
    verdungo
    coh
    coa
    HoZ
    2x rfrosts

i'm guessing just find lots of sharp/fine charms of vita/fhr. + a good anni.

the point is to reach 4 fpa obviously...so the lvl 9 fana + 35 oias will kick u to 4 frames. that means highlord's + ed/ias jewel in something. the dr will be 15 + 8 + 15 + 2 bers for 39 dr...i have to figure out a way to get max..give me some time. anyway, this should net a huge amount of dmg, and should be viable against the obvious ebotd fana zealot. just some thoughts i'm throwing out. and i kinda got this idea from thinking about how to make a tesladin with ias, and it's probably already been posted, but i think beast was used. i'm too lazy to go check and this is my first visit back to the pala forums in a long long time. let me know what u think. i just might have the guts to try this out. of course another alternative to the beast zerker, is a beast caddy with + 3zeal/+3fana/+3holy shield or conc. the dmg would be lower, but u save an ed/ias jewel, gain + skills, and have another socket open for dr.

again i'm sorry if i post uber gear, but this is the best possible i think u can achieve. i myself am pretty rich as ppl would call me in the tc's, so i could afford all this gear for fun. let me know what u think.

edit: i just realized, with a beast caddy, i could get 47 dr. not bad eh..

2. Diminished-Soul

Diminished-Soul IncGamers Member

I was thinking of same thing but these skillz:

20 zeal
    20 conc
    20 holy shield
    20 blessed aim ( +5% passive bonus stops at lvl 20.)
    20 defiance
    points in prereqs

Use some Godly Rare Phase like HandOfElysium: But These are just basic Mods... You would want anywayz

220+ED
    Fool Mods (HUGE AR)
    20-30IAS

Well lates man I must go to school now :hanky:

3. HandofElysium

HandofElysium IncGamers Member

Well I'm at work and I say that I was seriously thinking about going that route but since zeal is already uninterruptable using concentration is pointless for a melee pally. I used my rare phase to build a conviction zealot which does okay but the point of that build was to make a pvp that isn't baked fresh from the oven.

4. coldarmy13

coldarmy13 IncGamers Member

well how about this...if i abandon conc, i think i can max out conviction and never have any ar problems. -95% def and crazy resists. if i can manage to get some flaming sc's of vita or incineration....lol. welcome to pain.

5. HandofElysium

HandofElysium IncGamers Member

Thats is basically what my conviction build is based upon. Lower and defense resist of opponent while dealing high AR elemental damage. I notice it can get alot of people but it can't get the elite cookie cutter builds. Also conviction doesn't work like you think it does. -95 base resist is whats cut off. So say a zealot with 40k defense my level 25 conviction will lower his defense to like 36k.

I'm bulding a elemental fan zealot though. I'm going to be using etheral baranars,angelic combo,enchant from demon limb, and rare gloves ias stats gloves with level 3 inner sight. I would basically have the best of both worlds stacking high ar with elemental and physical damage while lowering opponent's defense with inner sight.

6. TheCheese

TheCheese IncGamers Member

Heh long time no see chris. I dont know if you remember me put its IAmTheCheez. Lost my old account but im glad to see you have recovered since losing yours way back in .9.

Pm me i would like to catch up sometime.

Do you still play West. Hmmmmm its good to see some of you guys from the days in .9. Ive seen Lanjudo roam the forums but i havnt heard from him.

I think you where pretty rushed when you where coming up with this idea and reckon you should redo it. Good to see the paladin community is reforming i missed it.

7. joa_ix

joa_ix IncGamers Member

welcome back blood :buddies: nice to see one real old timer is back(i dont think anyone her remember you but you are one of the real vet around her :worship:

(no one remember me :hanky:

8. Mack

Mack IncGamers Member

Hi blood, I remember you as well, and definitely remember the 'saga'.

9. KruxDeValor

KruxDeValor IncGamers Member

well took me some time to find this thread, do any of you fellas play on east ladder or non ladder? i am rather dismayed by the lack of feed back on post i made, a call to ladder paladin zealots. at least ladder wise, there is no struture of zealots, its just one big mess. and well it sucks :(. i look forward to your feedback.

10. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

hey hey blood! Welcome back! I am still hanging around the forums, gave away my accounts a while back. Nice to see another vet that is still around doing his part to keep the old pally knowledge alive and kicking.

--welt

11. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

since when is zeal uninterruptable?

12. Kirby Hunter

Kirby Hunter IncGamers Member

because of conc and its nice to see you back bb^_^

13. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

Just like to point out that, smite pretty much owns zeal in every way now, since leach has been so nerfed.