hey it's blood baron...been a while since i've been here i

coldarmy13

Diabloii.Net Member
hey it's blood baron...been a while since i've been here

yeh most of u old vets know my "saga" with the whole kidney thing. well i'm back here after galavanting around the druid forums and whatnot. i thought that concdins were dead since ar is such a big issue these days, well i might have an idea that would revamp my old concdin and make him a viable pvper again. idunno if this idea has been presented before, but here it is, if no one thought of it.

skills:
20 zeal
20 sacr
20 conc
20 holy shield
prereqs + extra skills for whatever

here's the fun part
beast zerker
highlord's
steelrend
gores
verdungo
coh
coa
HoZ
2x rfrosts

i'm guessing just find lots of sharp/fine charms of vita/fhr. + a good anni.

the point is to reach 4 fpa obviously...so the lvl 9 fana + 35 oias will kick u to 4 frames. that means highlord's + ed/ias jewel in something. the dr will be 15 + 8 + 15 + 2 bers for 39 dr...i have to figure out a way to get max..give me some time. anyway, this should net a huge amount of dmg, and should be viable against the obvious ebotd fana zealot. just some thoughts i'm throwing out. and i kinda got this idea from thinking about how to make a tesladin with ias, and it's probably already been posted, but i think beast was used. i'm too lazy to go check and this is my first visit back to the pala forums in a long long time. let me know what u think. i just might have the guts to try this out. of course another alternative to the beast zerker, is a beast caddy with + 3zeal/+3fana/+3holy shield or conc. the dmg would be lower, but u save an ed/ias jewel, gain + skills, and have another socket open for dr.

again i'm sorry if i post uber gear, but this is the best possible i think u can achieve. i myself am pretty rich as ppl would call me in the tc's, so i could afford all this gear for fun. let me know what u think.

edit: i just realized, with a beast caddy, i could get 47 dr. not bad eh..

Diminished-Soul

Diabloii.Net Member
I was thinking of same thing but these skillz:

20 zeal
20 conc
20 holy shield
20 blessed aim ( +5% passive bonus stops at lvl 20.)
20 defiance
points in prereqs

Use some Godly Rare Phase like HandOfElysium: But These are just basic Mods... You would want anywayz

220+ED
Fool Mods (HUGE AR)
20-30IAS

Well lates man I must go to school now :hanky:

HandofElysium

Diabloii.Net Member
Diminished-Soul said:
I was thinking of same thing but these skillz:

20 zeal
20 conc
20 holy shield
20 blessed aim ( +5% passive bonus stops at lvl 20.)
20 defiance
points in prereqs

Use some Godly Rare Phase like HandOfElysium: But These are just basic Mods... You would want anywayz

220+ED
Fool Mods (HUGE AR)
20-30IAS

Well lates man I must go to school now :hanky:
Well I'm at work and I say that I was seriously thinking about going that route but since zeal is already uninterruptable using concentration is pointless for a melee pally. I used my rare phase to build a conviction zealot which does okay but the point of that build was to make a pvp that isn't baked fresh from the oven.

coldarmy13

Diabloii.Net Member
well how about this...if i abandon conc, i think i can max out conviction and never have any ar problems. -95% def and crazy resists. if i can manage to get some flaming sc's of vita or incineration....lol. welcome to pain.

HandofElysium

Diabloii.Net Member
coldarmy13 said:
well how about this...if i abandon conc, i think i can max out conviction and never have any ar problems. -95% def and crazy resists. if i can manage to get some flaming sc's of vita or incineration....lol. welcome to pain.
Thats is basically what my conviction build is based upon. Lower and defense resist of opponent while dealing high AR elemental damage. I notice it can get alot of people but it can't get the elite cookie cutter builds. Also conviction doesn't work like you think it does. -95 base resist is whats cut off. So say a zealot with 40k defense my level 25 conviction will lower his defense to like 36k.

I'm bulding a elemental fan zealot though. I'm going to be using etheral baranars,angelic combo,enchant from demon limb, and rare gloves ias stats gloves with level 3 inner sight. I would basically have the best of both worlds stacking high ar with elemental and physical damage while lowering opponent's defense with inner sight.

TheCheese

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh long time no see chris. I dont know if you remember me put its IAmTheCheez. Lost my old account but im glad to see you have recovered since losing yours way back in .9.

Pm me i would like to catch up sometime.

Do you still play West. Hmmmmm its good to see some of you guys from the days in .9. Ive seen Lanjudo roam the forums but i havnt heard from him.

I think you where pretty rushed when you where coming up with this idea and reckon you should redo it. Good to see the paladin community is reforming i missed it.

joa_ix

Diabloii.Net Member
welcome back blood :buddies: nice to see one real old timer is back(i dont think anyone her remember you but you are one of the real vet around her :worship:

(no one remember me :hanky:

KruxDeValor

Diabloii.Net Member
well took me some time to find this thread, do any of you fellas play on east ladder or non ladder? i am rather dismayed by the lack of feed back on post i made, a call to ladder paladin zealots. at least ladder wise, there is no struture of zealots, its just one big mess. and well it sucks :(. i look forward to your feedback.

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
hey hey blood! Welcome back! I am still hanging around the forums, gave away my accounts a while back. Nice to see another vet that is still around doing his part to keep the old pally knowledge alive and kicking.

--welt

Andrew

Diabloii.Net Member
Just like to point out that, smite pretty much owns zeal in every way now, since leach has been so nerfed.