Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hey hey!

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Corin, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Corin

Corin IncGamers Member

Hey hey!

Hey guys. I'm brand spankin new to this game and I love it! I've been playin WoW for a while now, and needed a lil break so I figured I'd try something else by blizzard. This game rules. I'm so addicted. I've been lookin around this board for a while now and it seems cool. Now that I look at the trading board, i realize im poor as dirt!! :lol:

so if anyone is nice enough to drop off some stuff just whisper me!!!! My acct name is *cartboy2002 on US East. someone wants to be nice right??? :thumbsup:

2. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

Another beggar?

3. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

they're everywhere, but there are still some nice ppl in these forums willing to help out anyhow...

4. Corin

Corin IncGamers Member

jeez.....maybe this forum isn't as nice as i thought it was...

i wasn't begging...i don't need any help, but if someone wanted to be nice, i wouldnt say no. i'm doing just fine right now, ya i wouldn't mind some better stuff. i was just saying hi. that was just kind of rude of you man.

5. Elgar

Elgar IncGamers Member

A) realize that when asking for items, no matter how nice you are going about doing it, you still come across as a beggar.

B) Too many people in Diablo beg, asking for "1337" items for free and such. Its a real turn off for anybody whos played this game and gathered there own (little in my case) wealth.

C) I suggest going over to the community boards and look in the giveaway thread. People giveaway things all the time, as the quit or run out of room, or are just cleaning out the cobwebs.

6. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Saying hi is fine, but we ( here in Newcommer and Community forums) get alot of new people( new to the forums, maybe new to the game, or back from a long break) popping in and asking for items, they usually ask for a number of higher end things like hard to make runeworded items ( Enigma, Hoto {short for Heart of The Oak} ) or harder to find high end uniques.

Some of the newer people asking for items ( though not all ) tend to get very rude if other members point out that the way that they ask or what they ask for seems to be begging, after all most of the current members here have grown tired of the usual run of the mill population on public battle.net, and have come here where the general atmosphere is quite different.

Another point on newcommers, some docreate the exact same thread in more than one forum, asking for free stuff, which in the view of the mods and admins, is spamming, and that ..well...makes us not so happy.

People here do not usually mind helping out, we are a community after all.

In my personal opinion, it is one thing to ask for some low end stuff is les a begging point rather than asking for high end gear.

I realize you did not ask for anything specific, but keep in mind that the forums here see new people showing up all the time asking for things. So granted, people are weary to new people.

Over the last few weeks there were a few threads

We ( the mods of most forums ) have a thread stickied in certain forums for the purpose of asking for help, getting help and giveaways. The Community Forum has one, and if I remember correctly, the East Standard Trade Forum also has one.

A suggestion, look around the forums first, post in a few of the stickied forum help threads. and look in the various forums to see if there are any giveaways.

Good luck to you.

7. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

hi welcome to the forums!

make sure you read the forum rules.

dont do drugs.

dont use hacks.

and you'll have a wonderful time here!

8. Corin

Corin IncGamers Member

yeah, i wasnt saying give me the best stuff in the game, i was just sayin if someone has some stuff they are willing to give away, i wouldnt say no. but thanks for the welcome. even if it was a lil rough at the start :uhhuh:

9. Oddity

Oddity IncGamers Member

What type of character do you have?

10. jkho

jkho IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums dude !
    I'm new here myself...
    D2x is absolutely addictive :D

oddity... i'm getting horny over ur avartar again
    hah. :p

anyways .. back to work.

PS> found a few things last night.... 1 that suprised me was "The Reaper's Toll
    Thresher"... it says Ladder only... and I'm not on the ladder ??? (hey i'm not complaining :D)
    Also found a Lightsabre Phaseblade.... still in search of titans/thundergods though ! Will keep trying :)

11. Oddity

Oddity IncGamers Member

Did you find it in Single Player? Items that are Ladder Only can also be found on Single Player, just not non-Ladder Realm Games.

12. jkho

jkho IncGamers Member

that would explain it !

how about ladder only runewords ???
    "The following Rune Words will only work on the Battle.net Realms for Ladder Characters only. They will not work for single or open characters or non-ladder characters"

noooooooooo

13. greatxnenya

greatxnenya IncGamers Member

I have an Occulus Orb, and maybe some other low level items for you if you are on US East Ladder.
    If so, drop me a message:

*Nine3Current
    *Nenya93

14. Corin

Corin IncGamers Member

Im on US East.

Right now I have a pally on non-ladder, but I did make a Ladder sorc, just havent played her much. Thanks for the welcome guys! I'll prolly post here often. My friend just gave me his account cuz he stopped playin. Some of his characters expired, but he has a lvl ** Barb with the Immortal King set. So I'm running Mephisto a bunch of times right now. And I'm getting awesome stuff!!! I got a unique War Hat that does +1 to all skills and Aldur's mace.

15. rubberband shooter

rubberband shooter IncGamers Member

There are two types of ladder only runeword. One type will work on single player, and the other type will only work on battlenet. Read the runewords' description should tell you about it.

16. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

There are no ladder-only runewords which are available for single play.

17. rubberband shooter

rubberband shooter IncGamers Member

My mistake, I just checked and found that what krischan said is right.