Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hey, help on this build?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Toxis, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Toxis

Toxis IncGamers Member

Hey, help on this build?

hey guys, my first post on assassin forums :)

i play assassins quite alot, and i now have most of the stuff to make a martial artist. i was hopeing to make my main attack blades of ice, with dragon Talon. the reason for this is that i have never really used dragon tail, guess im scared of change :p i also think that dragon talon would be better vs. bosses. what do you guy think? should i follow the ice maiden guide, and use dragon tail? is dragon tail effectice against bosses? is there perhaps some other skill than blades of ice you could recommend? i do want to have a kick as a finisher because i spent alot of effort getting my hands on +2 shadow dancers.

ANY insight into this will be greatly recieved :)
    Thanks,

- Toxis

2. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

It's possible to use both BoI and Dtalon. But BoI requires quite some +skills for it to kill. Dtalon on the other hand requires Crushing blow. And most items either have +skills OR CB. I would say either go for more Dtalon or go for more BoI.

ps.
    If you're still planning on using BoI , I would suggest releasing with a normal attack or dragon claw. DC only if your AR is to low with normal attack. Dtalon takes to long to release really.

3. Toxis

Toxis IncGamers Member

ok, what would you recommed to use with dragon talon..??

- Toxis

4. turmania

turmania IncGamers Member

you want a good pvm dtalon user? i suggest you look at c-beats guide. a hybrid kicker trapper.in my opinion its the best pvm build along with a hammerdin.

i suugest something like this;

max d.talon
    max death sentry
    max light sentry
    max c.bolt sentry
    1-20 to shock web( try to max this last)
    1 claw mastery
    1 physic hammer
    1 burst of speed
    1 cloak of shadow
    1 weapon block
    1 mind blast
    1 fire blast

base strength of 170
    base dex of 130
    rest on vita

gear:
    weapon: 2x bartucs( main claw socketed with ber) try to get 9ll. and other claw socketed with resisst jewel.
    helm: early on guilleames face but later on get shako and socket it with um.
    amu: maras with good resistance
    belt: thundergods vigor
    rings: 1x bul ring and 1 x raven frost
    armor: coh good for skills, resistance, life leach and so on.
    gloves: crafted +2 ma skiller gloves with 20 ias, ll, and some crushingblow( minimum 5%cb)
    boots: upped gore riders (upped is a must)

try to get hold of trap charms with life if you can. that is the best for this build. this way you will have very good amount of crushing blow for kicks and nasty trap dmg. if you encounter a rara physical immune, light immune monster use fire blast, fire blast even at base lvl 1 gets pumped up a lot with those light snyergies and you can easily kill monster with it. this way there is no monster you cant kill with this setup.

assuming you get cta on switch and anni charm.

you will have 20+17= lvl 37 d.talon you get 7 kicks.

and traps well assumin you have 8 skillers,

20+13+8= lvl 41 traps.

this is one thunderous dmg.

this build can kill crows easily with traps, d.talon with crushing blow makes short work of act bossees and diablo clone, good for mf too.

hope this helps have fun good luck. and by the way you will never have any AR problem with this setup and use bos, if you noticed i didn't even put a single point in fade never a need for it. if you can get coh and maras. damage reduce wont be a problem in pvm.

5. chi987

chi987 IncGamers Member

Dragon Talon is a good skill by itself, without using charge ups. Dragon Talon also works good with venom. As a finisher, its probably too slow to be useful. Talon can definitely be better at bosses, but DragonTail has the powerful splash. DragonTail is probably more suited as your finisher

6. Lightning Guru

Lightning Guru IncGamers Member

dude all yer trying to do is turn him into a trapper, when hes SUPPOSED to be a martial artist. i like the BoI idea with dragon talon, but u also have to have sum into the other claws (just in case) and u need to max out the claw mastery