Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hey all! Getting back into playing...few questions... ifr

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Shenk_The_Underachiever, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Shenk_The_Underachiever

Shenk_The_Underachiever Banned

Hey all! Getting back into playing...few questions...

Good evening. I'm not a newb, but on the other hand I haven't played in over a year (eek!). And there are a few things that I've forgotten the answers too. So be a pal, and give me some gravy? Thanks...
    1). Does it matter where a JEWEL is socketed? For example, if I have a 6-socketed shield, and I fill it with 6 48ed/15ias jewels, those bonuses will go to whatever weapon i'm using, correct?
    2). Do ED jewels increase the damage of ranged weapons, like bows? Or do ED jewels only help on melee weapons, like axes or mauls?
    3). Would the HoW aura increase the damage of my bow? Or does that also only apply to melee weapons? Let's say I have a hunter druid, or a Bowazon, and I employ the HoW aura and a might merc, does might contribute to the physical damage of my bow?
    4). Well, that's all I have time for at the moment. Please don't insult me if you consider my questions dumb. I'm sure they are, but please remember that I haven't played in a good long time. Your help is greatly appreciated.

2. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

The only dumb question is a question you don't ask.

1. No, if does not matter where the jewel is socketed, it will always do what it says on the box

2. They work on bows too, so no problems there.

3. Yes it would.

Using one of my characters as an example, my hunter druid, he had dire wolves out all the time, a might merc, and a maxed out HoW. My wolves did good damage, and even I could put out some reasonable damage

By the way, your forum name rocks.

3. Shenk_The_Underachiever

Shenk_The_Underachiever Banned

Thanks for the help, neumein. I'm sure i'll have a few more questions to throw at you in the next few weeks! PS: Thanks...poor old Shenk...he never gets his due.