Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hero's Quest/ Quest for Glory I - Where can I find this? i

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mystik, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Mystik

Mystik IncGamers Member

Hero's Quest/ Quest for Glory I - Where can I find this?

Hey, I dunno if many people have heard of these games but they're made by Sierra and the first one of the series was first released in 1989.

I've been trying to download it but I can't find it anywhere. I find lots of sites that talk about it and have downloads to make it work on XP and stuff but I can't find the game at all. Does anyone have any ideas?

The closest thing I can find is a website telling me to look on ebay but I'd rather download it.

Thanks.

2. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

3. Mystik

Mystik IncGamers Member

4. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

It is apparently still protected, so you can't download it for free legally.

5. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Yeah, it's not abandonware. Sierra is protective of its old titles (or at least the goons they hire to protect their rights are).

It's well worth hunting down on eBay, shouldn't be too hard. I've got my old QFG Anthology on CD, I really need to get a new one though since it's an ancient CD and seems to have melted or whatever it is they do.

6. Mystik

Mystik IncGamers Member

Hmm, crappy thing is, is I had this game back in the day. It's gone now though.

If I ebay it, will I be able to play it on my laptop? Cause there's no floppy drive.

I only found one place to download it but I need to download some sort of p2p downloader for "magnets" or something. I don't have the link on this comp so I don't really remember the details but I was avoiding it since it probly has some spyware or something with it. Should I try that?

7. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Well, if you get the anthology or something it's on CD, otherwise you'd have to find a computer with a disk drive and burn it or email it to yourself.

As for downloading it off the net, it shouldn't be too hard (just google for a bit), but as always with stuff like that it's caveat raptor...

8. Mystik77

Mystik77 IncGamers Member

Well I got another computer with a disk drive so that wouldn't be a problem. I've searched tons of sites on google and so far I havn't been able to find anything except that one where I have to download the p2p thing. And what do you mean by caveat raptor?

9. Gertlex

Gertlex Banned

I think I found both of the games you mentioned. (Hero Quest instead of Hero's Quest, though)

See PMs... since I'm pretty sure I shouldn't post the link.

10. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

I haven't gone looking for abandonware in ages, the sites I used to use are probably shut down by now.

Caveat raptor is a play on caveat emptor, "buyer beware"; it means "stealer beware" or something.

Hero Quest is a different game, based on the Milton Bradley board game. It's the reason Sierra renamed Hero's Quest.