Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Heroes Of Might And Magic

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Carnage-DVS, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

Heroes Of Might And Magic

Man I used to play Heroes of might and magic 2 and 3 all the time with my friends.Those games consumed like 3 years of my life.I remember countless nights at my friend's house,playing hot seat,all around a computer,taking turns.Alliances were made and broken,bastard friends backstabbed each other,and I finally proved that black dragons>titans.Anyway,I'm thinking of picking up heroes 3 again.Not the crappy part 4,that one sucked.Anyone else interested in joining me in a game once I get it?

2. CaptJoe213

CaptJoe213 IncGamers Member

ooh geez, man heroes 3 rocked, I played it to death. In fact my wife still plays it to this day, and loves it. I got 4 soon as it was released, and weeped openly in my living room at the utter crap pile I had purchased.

I'd play ya, but I wont be much of a challenge for about another few weeks, I'm still lit on pain killers for a nasty tooth infection, but my woman would probably attempt to take ya to school on it hehe

3. Carnage-DVS

BRING IT ON!!!
    Heh I'll give ya a pm when I purchase it.Havn't played for ages.

4. zelfmoordis

zelfmoordis IncGamers Member

Wow, I thought me and my frieds were the only ones who ever used hot seat.. I've spend 3 or 4 hours non-stop with some friends fighting free-for-all, that game really ruled!

Does anyone know if Heroes 5 is planned? if so, lets pray it will be more like 3 than like 4..

:wave:

5. helohi

helohi IncGamers Member

Not if you'r playing the Shadow of Death expansion :jig:

Choose Undead, take Ravanna (I think that's her name, it's the female hero with Necromancy specialty :teeth: ) Complete the good Undead set (not the one that cast's spells), get archery and the Golden Bow (or the Archer set, can't remember if there's room for both sets..). Thorougly PWN anything with your several thousand powerliches (having a few phoenixs or dragon flies to get first turn helps too). :bow:

Edit: A little sad Diplomacy is so overpowered lategame when playing vs. human opponents :(

6. gaoneng

gaoneng IncGamers Member

AFAIK 3do no longer exist... gamespot news.. and no news from the ubisoft side..

Her name is Vidomina. The Cloak of the Undead King is very hard to get in typical games, one of the artifacts required is of major class, and you'll never be able to buy it from artifact merchants unless you're really lucky. And golden bow is relic, which is even harder to get. In other words it takes too long to built up a strong necro force.

IMO in Shadow of Death black dragons still > everything. My favorite combination for Shadow of Death: Armor of the Damned (all treasure and minor class artifacts, almost always available from merchants or adventure map) + Armageddon + Black Dragon + Malekith (sorcery) = Own all. The dragons don't even have to be involved in battle, they just have to fly around to avoid direct contact, or sit beside shooters... Muahaha...

7. Carnage-DVS

We usually didn't allow necromancers in our games.Late game,thousands of skeletons pretty much one hit killed mega armies.Cheapness personified heh.

8. piff

piff IncGamers Member

Oh, if I can find it, you're on! I'll send a PM if I can figure out where it's at.

9. Nword

Nword Banned

Indeed, a very good game...
    I have HoMM, HoMM2, HoMM3 + Armageddon's Blade, and HoMM4...

I've created a massive map for 3 that actually looks good, imo...

It really bites that internet play doesn't work for me for anything other than bnet, let alone the Heroes series... (firewall that i'm too lazy to ask my dad to tweak)

The Might and Magic series is also quite good (except 9...), i've beaten 7 and 8, and played World of Xeen, the prequel to the MaM series...

10. rodigee

rodigee IncGamers Member

I love that game! I've gone on an Age of Wonders hitch (original not the new one) but I'm sure I can get back in the Heros groove :) I don't have the expansion, but if you guys start up a regular game, count me in!

11. CaptJoe213

CaptJoe213 IncGamers Member

my wife and I are lookin for another good game in the heroes vein, is age of wonders any good? Any other suggestions?