Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Here's my idea for D3

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by MrOzio, Apr 15, 2008.

1. MrOzio

MrOzio Banned

Here's my idea for D3

Remake D1-2 LOD but in a lush fully rendered 3D environment (and add a new act or w/e because we all know Tyrael is a bad guy... HE DESTROYED THE FRIGGIN WORLD STONE!)

Have distinct/warring factions (a'la every good mmorpg).
    - Good, Bad, the other guys.

Have fully customizable characters (I'm so sick of clones running around!)
    - Gender, height, weight, facial features

Have gear that you can TRULY customize with a quest!
    - Not just naming it... YOU select the colour/added visual features to the item!

Make it to where you can buy the full map for an area!
    - Map hacks will never go away... MAKE IT A PART OF THE GAME!

Switch around the locations of bosses, dont just have them static. (you only know where they are after completing xxxx quest and obtaining xxxx scroll of summoning for xxxx random location)
    - There will always be bots, but c'mon! This would cut down on farming by a LOT

Have unique items that are REALLY unique.
    - New items added every month/certain items that only the truly dedicated can obtain! (make standard "uniques" into "rare" items)

Make set items give GOOD bonuses.
    - I know I cant be the only one that is let down by a lot of VERY hard to find set item bonuses. Patch 1.11 did help this a lot with set revamps like Trang Oul.

Character skills being character specific!
    - Back in the good old days a Sorc used tele... NOT EVERYONE AND THEIR GRANDMA! And whats with all of these auras everywhere? Leave that to the Pallys! (speaking of tele... give it some sort of casting delay)

What sparked this all is someone's comment about the "Dark Wood" not being very wooded at all... Really got me thinking that I wouldn't mind seeing the Dark Wood actually be woods!

Any hoo, there are so many topics like this in the D3 umbrella, I just compiled my thoughts into one thread.

2. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

Re: Here's my idea for D3

i'll just be happy with having skills that actually have a use. d2 has way too many useless/filler skills.

3. Elyrian

Elyrian IncGamers Member

Have been thinking about this . . . consider what I would call "Legacy Items." These would be either armor or weapons, and would be chosen at the start and built/upgraded all the way through out the whole game. Final items would reflect character's skill at crafting, and could even become available to other players. Could be class specific for each character, but wouldn't have to be. Perhaps instead of taking character or skill points upon leveling up, a character could choose instead to make some modification to this item. Perhaps the Legacy Item could have its own "skill tree" for development thru the game as well.

4. Treblee

Treblee IncGamers Member

the new D3 better be sweet

5. stillman

stillman IncGamers Member

To make uniques "really" unique, how about these 2 ideas:

1-Lets say you have a unique called ravenfrost. When joining games, your chr with ravenfrost cannot ever join a game that already has a chr with ravenfrost. There can never be more than one ravenfrost in one game. Also, it cannot drop in your game unless you xfer it or use a chr who doesn't have it. This idea would allow more variety in the chrs in partys, instead of everyone in the game having and using the best items in the same games.

2-There are exactly, let's say, 1500 different versions of "ravenfrost". No 2 copies are ever the same; the game only allows a copy to spawn with different AR/dex mods than all the ones that have already spawed. So after a point, there will likely be all 1500 different possible ravenfrosts on USEAST. Then, there will have to be something like cube recipies or some idea where you can sacrifice a ravenfrost to craft another item. The unique gets destroyed and again it is allowed to spawn in the realms. So this idea would make each unique truely unique because you would know it is the only one in the realms with those exact mods. Obviously, the designers would have to have to make enough varying mods on each unique to allow for X number of copies, whatever number they want. So the godliest uniques might only have 100 or even 10 copies! Wouldn't you feel special if you had one?