Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

heres a suggestion for the new patch

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Spawn of God, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Spawn of God

Spawn of God IncGamers Member

heres a suggestion for the new patch

Hey i have a suggestion for the next patch:

PUT EVERYTHING BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS IN .09!!!

(except the runewords and synergies, those can stay)

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

I don't think there's much wrong with 1.10. Is there anything in particular that your not enjoying?

3. Spawn of God

Spawn of God IncGamers Member

well yea

i just miss the good ole days.. but yea i hate baaling... wat happened to hell cow lvling???

4. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

In my opinion, the good old days are a little further back than 1.09 (possibly, 1.06 classic, or 1.07, though we never played it on the realms), and hell cow lvling was replaced by Hell Baal lvling :). Still, 1.10 is a good patch, and I don't see very much wrong with it.

5. Darnoc

Darnoc IncGamers Member

Blizzard has already made it clear there will be no 1.11 patch

6. Orbstu

Orbstu IncGamers Member

When and where did they state this?

Could you provide a link to this information.
    If not then please do not post mere speculation on your own part

7. Darnoc

Darnoc IncGamers Member

Here is a direct quote from moderator Mad Mantis and is viewable at the following link:

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=334002&highlight=patch

"Blizz announced that they wouldn’t be making any more patches for Diablo II. Don’t expect the bug to be fixed anytime soon."

Do a little searching and it comes right up- I do not make unsupported claims. I wouldn't mind another patch too, but d2 is too old and is no longer a significant source of revenue for blizzard, along with all the designers leaving. I think we're more likely to see a d3 than a 1.11 patch, another rust storm, or any attempt by Blizzard to correct duping.

darnoc

8. Orbstu

Orbstu IncGamers Member

Just because a moderator states something does not make it correct.
    Blizzard have never stated that they will not release any more patches for Diablo.

I think the actual words used by blizzard were:
    "We have no plans to release any more patches for Diablo"

9. Darnoc

Darnoc IncGamers Member

Not planning to release more patches? It sure sounds like they mean it; why else would they say that? After 1.08 or 1.09 came out did Blizzard publically annouce no plans to release more patches? It never hurts to have hope another patch will come out, but don't expect it to happen just because there there is a minor difference between the wording of "will not release more patches" and "no plans to release any more patches". Of course they aren't going to definitively say that; it would have a negative effect on the increasingly fewer amount of people playing it- better to have them play a Blizzard game than have them leave and go play guildwars or something else made by a rival company, and string them along until they can release another game to replace the increasingly obselete game.

It's like when the pope was on his death bed and the Vatican released a statement saying there is little hope of the pope recovering; they aren't going to say the pope will not recover and ruin everyones hope, even though they were 99% sure he was going to die. There are a number of things going on at Blizzard that add proof to the statement they will not have another patch:

World of Warcraft- Blizzard makes money for evey month people play (new cash cow and the focus of all Blizzard programmers and updates).

The quitting of the d2 programmers from Blizzard, and their formation of a new company and the upcoming release of Guildwars (no one who designed d2 is left at Blizzard).

Declining diablo 2 population- Blizzard is doing it's best to get as many people to play WoW to phase out its older games like Starcraft and d2, hence the banner adds for WoW that run constantly on bnet, and the fact they gave away free copies of WoW to the first people who reached lvl 99 chars on ladder. Last summer even, there were still long que waits to just enter a bnet game, no problems like that now; also take into consideration all the giveaways lately.

Diablo 2 no longer makes any money for Blizzard- almost everyone who is gonna play the game already has a copy(Blizzard's only way to gain revenues from it), the few who don't, no longer have to go shell out $60-80 to get d2 and the expansion- it can be found for as little as $10-20 on amazon.com.

The hiring of a new diablo-like programming/designing staff- This insinuates that Blizzard is starting up the development of a new game, most likely a new starcraft or diablo3. By making another blockbuster game they can convert all those still playing the outdated ones, and will probably make them pay monthly like WoW, or will regularly release game updates that need to be purchased. Yes, they could have this team put out a patch, but do you think they are gonna bother putting out a d2 patch when they can focus on a new game to actually make money?

The second ladder season still has not ended yet- I'm not saying it won't end, but there is a decent chance it won't. If anything happens to d2 it would be this. But even then the first season only lasted 8 months. Ladder season 2 started at the begining of July, 2004 (July 7th I believe, not sure though); this would mean ladder season 2 should have ended in March. Of course, the new ladder only runewords were released which gives them some reason for this delay.

I don't even know why I am bothered to detail all of this; all of this information is known by anyone who has been on these forums for over a couple months. If anything, the burden of proof lies with anyone taking the stance that there will ever even be another patch, since there is an overwhelming amount of evidence pointing against it. You are obviously entitled to believe whatever you want, but it doesn't make you correct. You have been in these forums almost as long as moderator mantis, but he does have 6,922 more posts than you and he is a moderator here, therefore he is more directly involved with the game than you are(unless secretly you work for Blizzard).

If you can get someone from Blizzard to publically contradict their original statement that's one thing, but until then- Blizzard's statement about their patches stands, mad mantis's statement about a patch stands, both of which back my statement which you questioned in the first place a few posts ago. So, based on this, I will now say the same thing to you:

"Could you provide a link to this information.
    If not then please do not post mere speculation on your own part"

10. Orbstu

Orbstu IncGamers Member

I never claimed that blizzard would/will release another patch, all I was doing was pointing out was that they have never stated that there will be no further patches so your information was missleading (It may be proven true at some point but until then it is no more than supposition).

Also post count has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge and game involvement. For your information I have been an active DII player from its very first release.

11. Darnoc

Darnoc IncGamers Member

I misunderstood your intentions then; sorry for jumping on you. The post count comment was simply to reinforce why I would believe mantis over you if you were to claim there would be another patch. Good to see someone still around from the beginning after this long- l8r

12. Orbstu

Orbstu IncGamers Member

No problem, sorry for the confusion (I am inclined to think personally that 1.10 will be the last patch), but at the end of the day only blizzard knows :D

13. teksyn

teksyn IncGamers Member

yah blizz wont be releasing anymore patches for d2. too bad they couldn't allow the users to create a new patch. :)

1.09 can burn. all the hexes and hacked items were lame.
    1.10 is fun and makes you build better characters, sweet runewords too

since WoW has become the new EverCrack, all of their support and time will be going to that, especially since they charge for it. *bleh*

at least d2 is still free
    :thumbsup:

14. DanteAlastor

DanteAlastor Banned

suggestion

FIX ALL game play BUGs

and make magic resistable..12k hammer means 12kfire+12k cold(but doesnt freeze) and 12k lighting (ignores absorb)

15. MasterWolf

MasterWolf IncGamers Member

I heard a rumor that 1.11 would come out whenever the new ladder is started.

But it's sad to hear the Blizzard is not coming out with any more patches. Unless that means D3 within a year :thumbsup:

16. Gorny

Gorny Banned

just a rumor...and a squashed one at that.

17. MasterWolf

MasterWolf IncGamers Member

Yeah, I figured. I'd take a mod's word over a wild rumor anyway.

18. Mr.Popo

Mr.Popo Banned

Blizzard will probably do some upgrade on the 1.10 patch just like when those new ladder runeword came out, but i dont think they gonna fix bug without u release a new patch imo.