Here is some MF data

supermf

Diabloii.Net Member
Here is some MF data

Mods and Admins: My Apologies. I realize this content may and likely will be considered shady, but this data is VERY VERY interesting, I just can't bear to not share it. I am posting from a shell clear on the other side of the nation. This will be my one and only post from this IP address. I realize a ban of this account and this IP may be likely. I pray this data will not be immediatly deleted.

Here is a run down of my magic find logs. This data is totally accurate and I am not embellishing any numbers. If you really want to find a specific item, this is where I Would recommend going, based on my personal experiences:

Hell Andy
total runs - 14000+
0 soj, 2 bk ring, 7 hoz, 1 um, 2 ist, 2 Lo

Hell Countess
total runs - 7800+
10 soj, 8 bk ring, 2 hoz, 16 um, 10 ist, 19 mal, 1 nightwing

Hell Mephisto
total runs - 15000+
2 soj, 1 bk ring, 5 hoz, 1 um, 1 mal

Hell Pindleskin
total runs - 14600+
2 soj, 3 bk rings, 2 gris helm, 4 coa, 2 nightwing

Nightmare Andy
total runs - 3000+
0 soj, 0 hoz, pretty much nothing

Nightmare Countess
total runs - 12000+
7 soj, 0 hoz

Nightmare Mephisto
total runs - 7600+
3 soj, 2 hoz

Nightmare Eldritch
total runs - 10000+
1 soj, pretty much nothing else

Nightmare Pindleskin
total runs - 9000+
1 soj, 1 hoz

Hell has obviously been much more profitable when it comes to items that are keepable. Andy period has never turned up a soj or bk ring for me (people always swear up and down how many sojs andy gives... with this many runs, and with as many sojs as I have seen, I just can't (statistically) agree with that statement. Hell Countess and Hell Pindle seem to be the best all around. Hell Mephisto and Hell Andy fall a little behind, but still many good items. I only just started running Hell Edritch, I wish I started long ago, but I have no data to share for him. Nightmare has been somewhat lack luster, but sojs do pop up now and then. If I were only going to run MF with one character, and had to decide between nightmare and hell, I would obivously recommend hell.

Remember, this data is compiled from thousands of runs.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
this data is essentially useless unless you count all uniques/sets/failed sets/failed uniques. only counting sojs but ignoring all the other unique rings is pretty much useless data. lets say countess drops 8 rings, 7 of them are sojs. great. mephisto, on the other hand, dropped 50, but only 6 were sojs. does that mean countess is better? nope. on top of this, if you are so "super accurate," why don't you know exactly how many runs you(r bot) did?

thats then if he is running bot? you are just making too BIG thing about it.many members here use bot and it i everyones personal thing do you use bot or no

HardyTarget

Diabloii.Net Member
zaba_the_man said:
thats then if he is running bot? you are just making too BIG thing about it.many members here use bot and it i everyones personal thing do you use bot or no
Botting isn't allowed on this forum at all, in case you did not know.

Freezing Rain

Diabloii.Net Member
Bot's are illegal here, but this data is intrigueing. With all the people stating that hell andy is the best place to mf unique rings, and people that always do meph for the shakos/ss/facets, this is some nice data. Though, i doubt few of us will ever ACTUALLY do 70,000 mf runs of all of these. Thanks for sharing your information.

Arutha

Diabloii.Net Member
its not a personal thing when someone uses a bot then interacts with other players that wish to play the game as it was suppose to be played (ie. botting then using these forums to trade stuff they got from botting).

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
We can figure the odds of anything dropping off of anything, we don't need anymore data.

That does for all you "100 andy runs results" people too.

Oh, and that's 93,000 runs/kills. A pretty tall order even with a bot.

Arutha said:
its not a personal thing when someone uses a bot then interacts with other players that wish to play the game as it was suppose to be played (ie. botting then using these forums to trade stuff they got from botting).
he dont trade items he is just posting MF data which is legal i think

Rehsa

Diabloii.Net Member
i could run 100,000 runs at each place and ALWAYS get a SoJ etc. the chances are just pretty much not able to happen in a lifetime or 10,000 of them...

what you posted doesn't mean anything other than luck. with atma or other things, people have calulated the exact percentage from different bosses etc for every item. that is where you get statistics, not from doing runs.

just like i stated you can do 100,000 of each run and always get a SoJ... but you can also do 100,000 of every run and not get anything better than magic items.

Merick said:
Oh, and that's 93,000 runs/kills. A pretty tall order even with a bot.
i agree. unless he devoted his d2 life to this, i think he made this data up.

14k runs and no soj from hell andy? either way, this data is misleading. even if he did do those runs and got no soj, that's by all means NOT the norm - my friend does hell andy runs and has found 2 or 3 sojs - and i doubt he's even done 5000, if even 3000.

carrothers

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd like to post some math that I did on my own...

Total number of MF runs that he has accomplished: 93,000+ (for the remainder of my calculations, I'll use the lowest possible posted amount of 93K).

If memory serves, patch 1.10 came out on October 28, 2003.

Days passed from patch 1.10 release to today: 616

Let's assume a couple MF start dates...

Last 365 days: 93,000 / 365 = 254.79 runs per day (RPD).
Since 1.10 Release: 93,000 / 616 = 150.97 runs per day (RPD).

Let's assume one typical MF run lasts 5 minutes, which I think would be REALLY FAST! (killing Andy, Countess, Pindle, Meph, Eldritch, and Baal).

Last 365 Days: 254.79RPD * 5min = 1273.95 total min. = 21 hours a day.
Since 1.10 Release: 150.97RPD * 5min = 754.85 total min. = 12.5 hours a day.

Now, I consider these to be VERY forgiving numerical returns. My analysis assumes that you played Diablo II EVERY DAY over the total time span per calculation. No breaks on weekends, holidays, etc. Playing that many hours a day also suggests that you have no job or no class to attend, as you play for many hours a day straight. Playing 21 hours a day means that you get minimal amounts of sleep at night, as you only get 3 other hours. You must be super tired if this data is only from the past year. If we go by the 1.10 release date, you've got a little more personal time and sleeping time. These calculations also do not take into account the time it takes to level up a MF character for running these. It assumes that you began making MF runs the SAME DAY that 1.10 came out.

The only way I would improve my calculations is bactrack back into the days of D2Classic and the earliest patches. Then, maybe then, these reported MF run statistics would look a bit more "human".

I wish I could MF 21 hours a day! I'd be rich!

carrothers said:
I'd like to post some math that I did on my own...

Total number of MF runs that he has accomplished: 93,000+ (for the remainder of my calculations, I'll use the lowest possible posted amount of 93K).

If memory serves, patch 1.10 came out on October 28, 2003.

Days passed from patch 1.10 release to today: 616

Let's assume a couple MF start dates...

Last 365 days: 93,000 / 365 = 254.79 runs per day (RPD).
Since 1.10 Release: 93,000 / 616 = 150.97 runs per day (RPD).

Let's assume one typical MF run lasts 5 minutes, which I think would be REALLY FAST! (killing Andy, Countess, Pindle, Meph, Eldritch, and Baal).

Last 365 Days: 254.79RPD * 5min = 1273.95 total min. = 21 hours a day.
Since 1.10 Release: 150.97RPD * 5min = 754.85 total min. = 12.5 hours a day.

Now, I consider these to be VERY forgiving numerical returns. My analysis assumes that you played Diablo II EVERY DAY over the total time span per calculation. No breaks on weekends, holidays, etc. Playing that many hours a day also suggests that you have no job or no class to attend, as you play for many hours a day straight. Playing 21 hours a day means that you get minimal amounts of sleep at night, as you only get 3 other hours. You must be super tired if this data is only from the past year. If we go by the 1.10 release date, you've got a little more personal time and sleeping time. These calculations also do not take into account the time it takes to level up a MF character for running these. It assumes that you began making MF runs the SAME DAY that 1.10 came out.

The only way I would improve my calculations is bactrack back into the days of D2Classic and the earliest patches. Then, maybe then, these reported MF run statistics would look a bit more "human".

I wish I could MF 21 hours a day! I'd be rich!
He's not talking about doing 93,000 runs of every boss, but 93,000 single boss runs. I'd guess a bot can run a boss in about a minute. At that rate, he'd be doing 1,440 runs a day. So it'd take a little over 2 months to complete 93,000 runs, assuming no realm downs.

carrothers

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, now I look like a total ham. :rolleyes:

Well, upon re-evaluating my calculations, I'll repost some new data.

Last 365 Days: 254.79RPD / 60min = 4.25 hours a day.
Since 1.10 Release: 150.97RPD / 60min = 2.5 hours a day.

That is a bit more realistic. Sincerest apologies for the semi-flame. But even 2.5 hours a day is still a hefty commitment to Diablo II.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
A bot may be able to kill a boss in a minute, but it has to wait several minutes in between to not get r/d'ed, it's still rediculous.

DjSlayer

Diabloii.Net Member
Merick said:
A bot may be able to kill a boss in a minute, but it has to wait several minutes in between to not get r/d'ed, it's still rediculous.
What is ridiculus?
that people use boots to find stuff?
Or that the boot have to wait to create next game?

- D.J.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
DjSlayer said:
What is ridiculus?
that people use boots to find stuff?
Or that the boot have to wait to create next game?

- D.J.
That many runs in that little time.
Or at the very least that he logged all of this info over the course of a year+/-