Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hep With Act 5 Tomb Vipers

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by GameFellow, Sep 10, 2006.

1. GameFellow

GameFellow IncGamers Member

Hep With Act 5 Tomb Vipers

Can anyone link me up with any details on the Act 5 "tomb vipers" (the ones in Halls of Vaught). They seem to kill my Hammerdin in a flash. I have very good defesnes (do not have exact stats, but I can solo in full player cows without any problem what-so-ever) my resists are double maxed, also wearing exile sheild with defiance arua). Still, I die instantly, repeadlty. Need to know what to do to counter their attack.

Granted, I dont have much damage reduction, only damage reduction I have comes from my Shako.

Main problem is I have no idea what their attack is. Can any share info, or point the way to where I can find details on these guys?

[Do not suggest search function"...cause it doesn't work...unless I want to spend the next 3 days reading stuff that does not apply...search function needs a search by phrase option!

Thanks!

2. ael

ael IncGamers Member

They are friggin bugged. Big time.

Search works for me btw :rolleyes:

Didnt find the complete known bugs` list but I think you get the picture from there.

3. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Actually, it isn't bugged, it seems bugged, but that's actually the way Blizzard intented it to work.

The only thing you can do is not move while in the 'cloud' (note: cloud might not always be visible) So best avoid them, and if you have to face them, don't move (teleport is ok) and kill them while standing still.

4. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

They've done that more often, like Conc adding to BH dmg. It is a real bug, but to save the effort of fixing it they call it a feature.

5. mugana

mugana IncGamers Member

lol even hammderins get slaughthered? I was thinking about making a hdin for key runs but now i change my mind.

6. ael

ael IncGamers Member

They are great for mfing and nila runs too. Besides, those vipers arent that though as you imagine. :evil:

7. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

My hammerdin does fine. I laugh at the Vipers and Nihlathak.

8. mugana

mugana IncGamers Member

how? lots of DR?

9. Evrae Altana

By avoiding the Vipers entirely.

10. mugana

mugana IncGamers Member

thats really hard considering that they launch their poison at you. Idiot blizzard. Why did they have to may such lame monsters?

11. Evrae Altana

They're only a problem if you walk through the clouds. If you teleport through, you'll receive little to no damage (you mentioned using Exile in your original post, so I assumed that Enigma isn't out of your price range).

12. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

You must remember that each time they hit, they do a small amount of physical damage. They just...hit a LOT. If you have some room, stick some Sol's in some sockets. Each one will nerf their damage by quite a bit.

13. CandidusMortis

CandidusMortis Banned

If you have such a problem with Blizzard, don't play any of their games. Simple, no more "lame monsters".

14. malakho

malakho IncGamers Member

Ya, no ones immune to the nasty poison vipers. Do your best, run fast or tele there. I use my boazon. cast a decoy, cut off at an angle, and strafe away.

Malachi

15. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

I use my smite/zeal pally to take them out... Charge before they see me, or stand still if they shoot at me... The poison damage reapplys with every step you take towards them... Stay put and wait for them to come to you, or move/charge after the cloud disapates... Or just tele on top of them... Problem solved...

They used to kick my butt all the time until I started keeping an eye on when and how they attack... Now, they pose a threat, but a small one at best... They will kill me if I don't pay attention, so I just pay attention...

*Requiem_Death

16. mugana

mugana IncGamers Member

problem is that i want to see which section nith is at. So i tele along the 4 wings of the map only to get beat by the vipers. I could just kill the monsters along the way but that takes time and keys don't tend to drop often. It takes some time to get to nith because i choose not to get the wp to halls of vaught,

17. Luckymofo

Luckymofo IncGamers Member

only 1 of 2 types of monsters beat your hdin, and you don't like the challenge?

:rolleyes:

18. mugana

mugana IncGamers Member

i dont have a hdin. I mean getting 3 keys is hard as it is, but the vipers make things even more frusterating. Getting the tkey and hkey is a breeze because the monsters are not a threat. But the path to nith is just hazardous. Even more dangerous than a meph or baal run imo

also, after getting the 3 key sets, i can imagine how pissed i will be if battlenet decides to go down during the ubers.

19. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

Wow... Hard Core would really piss you off then... lol

They really aren't that much of a threat if you just be careful... Try a melee build with lots of life leach and life tap... From there, get that way point for that character, and learn the lay out... With my pally (who doesn't use Enigma), I do D key runs inside of 5 minutes, give or take...

*Requiem_Death

20. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Hm, I'd be curious to see howmany people would lynch me for asking Blizzard to fix that bug :grin:

(no kidding, as far as I'm concerned they should fix desynch and all known, at the very least the exploited, bugs)