Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

help

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by royalhu, Sep 1, 2006.

1. royalhu

royalhu IncGamers Member

help

I have passed the game with necromancer... I'm currently playing with paladin and cant pass diablo's dungeon on nightmare... I always die... Can anyone give me few tips how to pass it? Which skills to use, should I use two handed weapon or one handed+shield? which attack? zeal? which aura? fanaticism?

2. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

In the Chaos Sanctuary, Iron Maiden is the big problem for melee characters, as any reasonable physical melee attack you do can kill you, and I'm thinking that may be your problem.

If it is, there are some things you can do. If you use one of the elemental auras like Holy Shock or Holy Freeze you can shop for a wand that has good elemental damage on it and Zeal away with that. (The low physical damage done by wands keeps IM from being a problem.) You can also try a Passion weapon and use Beserk. Another option is to play strategically, learning the sounds of curses, and rushing the Oblivian Knights so they cast decrepify. You may want to do a search for iron maiden on the forum to see past advice about it.

If your problem isn't IM, some more information about what is killing you will help us advise you better.

3. Dark Sword

Dark Sword Banned

Hmmm, first off what build are you making on that pally of yours. And it depends what 2 handed weapon, but me personally i don't like 2 handed weapons no matter how much damage they have, because that shield can help you out by blocking.

4. malakho

malakho IncGamers Member

another option is a ranged weapon on switch. My zealot used some unique balrog spears (forgot the name) to walk worldstone in nm hardcore (world has OK's almost every time as well) and i lvld him solo for quite awhile. the fanat aura addd to his weapon damage, and wiht the elemental damage on the spears he was killing almost as fast as his zeal

Malachi

5. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Five threads on the same topic is a tad excessive don't you think? :rolleyes:

Particularly as you were being asked for more information in the last thread in the SPF.

Why not answer our questions from the previous thread and you might get further help.

6. royalhu

royalhu IncGamers Member

I'm using some gothic axe - 2 handed weapon, my attack is 400-1200,playing with zeal + fanaticism...I have managed to pass diablo's dungeon and killed diablo...I played strategically...
    Now I have 1 more problem:Act 5- Rite of Passage... those guardians are sooo strongggggg... I can't kill them, not even 1 of them... my mercenary always die quickly and I can't do a **** alone vs them... Mass potions doesn't help neither... I hate especially Talic...
    any advices or tips how to pass it?

7. Repusz

Repusz IncGamers Member

Some weapons eg.: Daggers can spawn with Life Tap charges. I think you could shop for some at Malah, I am not 100% sure but I guess they are available in NM act5 (or at the level you must be around in NM act5). They offer huge life leech non-penalized by the difficulty setting, a must-have for melee chars having trouble with the Ancients. Keep them on weapon switch, cast then hack away at them.

8. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Split them up - drop extra pots on the ground before you start.