Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help!!

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by MOUNJIMA, Sep 1, 2006.

1. MOUNJIMA

MOUNJIMA IncGamers Member

Help!!

HI. my name is MOUNJIMA and i have a few characters already.

ZEALOT
    SMITER
    LIGHT SORC
    FIREBALL SORC
    FURY DRUID
    BOWZON

i always wanted to make a FROZEN ORB built but never knew how. ive seen very strong sorceres use frozen orb as there main skill. i had never made any types of cold sorc. builds so i was hoping that someone would help me with my frozen orb built.

any help would be greatly appreaciated!:smiley:

2. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Basically this is very easy.
    You max Icebolt, Frozen Orb and Cold Mastery. After that you can invest the rest of your points into Telekinesis (Energy Shield synergy) and Energy Shield. Here is guide for this kind of build. You might want to add in new runeword items that the guide does not cover, since it is a bit older.

Guide: The PVP Energy Shield Sorceress (Finally done)

This guide is for PvP, so thats why Energy Shield is emphasized more. I would suggest maxing Icebolt aswell and just get a Energy Shield with max Telekinesis and rest of the points into ES and better ES form +skill items.

Item choices in that guide sitll count, apart from new runewords that might be useful, like Insight on your Merc for no mana problems, or adding in Spirit Shield going the Vitality route, since with ES you will normally not be heading for max blocking.

3. MOUNJIMA

so do i max frozen orb, coldmastery,and ice bolt in THIS order? and thanks for that!
    :smiley:

4. ioupainmax

ioupainmax IncGamers Site Pal

i would max it like this FO, CM and then if u plan to put points into energy shield and telekinesis put some in, as in NM your frozen orb will be powerful enough and then max ice bolt last.

there may be a more in depth explanation in the guides but what you want to do is increase your survivability after maxing cold mastery. Btw you should be able to max FO and CM simultaneously (more or less) if you have saved up all your points and have the patience for it.

thats just my opinion though as im not too sure.

anyone else know? meli?

5. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

saving all points and just putting 1pt where you need should make it able for you to max FO and Cm simultaneously. You can always help yourself out with a Leaf runeword in the beginning if your cold attacks are still to weak then.

Otherwise i agree with ioupainmax.

6. MOUNJIMA

thanks ioumaxpain and melianor