Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by DarkPhatOfDoom, Apr 9, 2005.

1. DarkPhatOfDoom

DarkPhatOfDoom IncGamers Member

Help

Hi. Ok i played D2 long time ago and i played on the open b.net. Now I am starting to play again but on the closed b.net and i wish to make a necro. I dont have any chars on b.net had wish to know what kind of necro is best for me since i have no stuff and all.

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums:)

The easiest necro to start up with, if you don't have any items is probably a skellymancer. He is also very well suited for Magic Find so he makes a perfect first character. If you get a few lucky quest drops along the way he should do fine, and if he doesn't a few boss runs in nightmare will probably net you enough +skills stuff to get you reasonably through Hell. With skellies and a might merc you'll be doing some decent damage and then Corpse Explosion will literally blow monsters away once the first corpse drops. Also the crowd control curses are very sweet, stuff like Attract and Dim Vision, makes this (one of) the safest build out there.

Good luck

3. DarkPhatOfDoom

DarkPhatOfDoom IncGamers Member

Ok but what do i put the stats in and stuff like that?

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

Follow this guide.

5. IIDX

IIDX IncGamers Member

Just curious to know what realm you play? I have got some spare stuff that might help you along the way.

6. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

I returned to the game after 18mths-2 years and had zilch items. Go for a summon/bone hybrid necro and read my guide (The Bony Magicfinder v1.10) which i just completed hours ago to share my experiences :p Itsnot a really uniq guide but more of my experience and what i noticed others fail/less effective is they try to do too many things with a char - i.e dabble in PvP *and* mf/PvM so start with one thing in mind : max +skills while having high %mf and thats all to it :D Basically these are skills i maxed :
    Max Raise Skelly
    Max Skelly Mastery
    Max Bone Spirit
    Max Bone Spear
    Max/As many pts into Bonewall
    The finer pts/gear/tactics are all in the guide but it's mainly is for poor/returning peeps and can only get ridiculously more effective with your enigmas,pride,anni sc, etc hehe. Happy magic finding and welcome to the necro forum :D