Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

help.....

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by yanek7778, Feb 5, 2004.

1. yanek7778

yanek7778 IncGamers Member

help.....

hallooo everybody, i finished the games with the nacromancer and i want to begin with another player. does anybody knows if i can transform items from my nacromancer to my new character?

2. Voldemort

Voldemort IncGamers Member

No you have to start new character unless you meant to give the items to your new character then you can it's called muling. You create a normal game with a password on it
    You wait 5 mins. You leave game. Come back just to make sure game is up properly. Then drop items that you want to give to other character on ground. Leave and come back with other character and picked stuff up. This is only if it's online. Not single player

3. SicneZZ

SicneZZ Banned

Yes you can. Make a game and tell your friend who plays d2 to stay there, then drop all the items you want to that game and then make up the new char and come to pick the items up by that character. Of course you can transfer those items alone (but it is risky the game stays up only for 1min) by no one being in there.

but dont transfer your items by just some random person who plays in b.net, it is very likely that he will just steal your items.

4. Voldemort

Voldemort IncGamers Member

Read my statement before posting. The game does not stay up for only a minute. It will stay up for 5 minutes if he follows my procedure. And you cannot always trust your "friends" online

5. Gorny

Gorny Banned

The game will stay up for a minute, if up for a minute or less. You can transfer that way ...but it is not a good idea to do so. Easy way to lose stuff...take too long and ...poof.

6. yanek7778

yanek7778 IncGamers Member

o.k s if i'm playing only in single player i cant transfer items from one charecter to another? i don't play on the battlenet.

7. Gorny

Gorny Banned

correct, to a point. You will be able to transfer between sp chars in an open bnet game or tcp/icp game. Do not trust anyone you do not know. If you have 2 pc's you can run 2 copies of the game & set up a tcp/icp game with one of your pc's as the host server.

8. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Also check out the Single Player forum, there's a program linked there that can do this in SP (if you're on a PC).

Failing that you can ask someone to host a TCP/IP game to help you transfer stuff to your new character...

9. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I wouldn't rely on the one minute thing (IIRC it's only 30 seconds, but let's not start an argument about that :)).

At the times I didn't have two computers, I used the following technique:

1. Create a passworded game
    2. Wait 6 minutes (kill Meph, Diablo and Baal with your sorc in the meantime)
    3. Leave game without dropping anything yet
    4. Wait 10 seconds and re-enter
    5. Drop stuff
    6. Leave game and re-enter with the mule

I can only advise anybody not to skip step 3 and 4. It happened twice to me that I mistyped the usual password when creating the game without noticing it, so I couldn't log in when I switched to the mule. Each time I lost stuff from perhaps 50 meph runs. Thank god I can't reach my butt with my teeth, else I might have bitten it off :)

It's still a little dangerous because games sometimes crash or you get disconnected, especially in the early days of 1.10.

10. Gorny

Gorny Banned

I agree on the one minute game deal, never use it. The rest is very sound advice as well.
    Very well said.