Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

help :(

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by VoDoo_X, Jan 31, 2004.

1. VoDoo_X

VoDoo_X IncGamers Member

help :(

Hi I want to make a Claw/Shield assassin for duels. I don't want the usual WW sin, because TO MY OPINION they are lame. I want to creative and do something nobody/few people have made. This is for PvP, Manner duels.

Here are my items, and you go from their:

30%ias/370%ed Scissors Suwayyah
    160/60ias 97life Archon armor
    Highlords
    Imp Shank
    Raven Spirial
    20dex/220 Raven Frost
    40/15ias Storm Shield
    20%ias/2martial arts/6ll Gloves
    8/15/15 String
    What helm??? 120/45MAX or IAS???

Thank you :D.

2. VoDoo_X

VoDoo_X IncGamers Member

OOOOOO, come on, someone must be an expert in assassins that dosen't freiking use WW as their main skill.

3. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

first, theres nothing lame about WW and not that many people use WW.

the only other (viable) choices are kicker and trapper. dont know what else to tell you.

4. VoDoo_X

VoDoo_X IncGamers Member

Its my opinion...and I alrdy have a trapper. Would this work???

20Claw Mastery
    20FoF
    20Phonix
    20Dragon Tail

???

5. CEG

CEG IncGamers Member

As long as you use BoS then definitely go with the 120/45 Max since you will definitely need all the dmg you can get. The rest of your gear seems pretty nice. Only thing I would think about changing is highlords to a cats eye. Unless your using Dragon flight to catch up to ranged attackers you will need a good ammount of r/w. If you plan on only dueling other melee chars then Id say stick with highlords. I had a similar assassin myself, just with less godly gear. She did pretty good versus all classes except she ran into trouble vs. good necros.

I do agree on your opinion on WW assassins. I think they are extremely lame, but its all opinion.

If you would post your skill/stat layout and the types of duels (vs melee, ranged, or all) you will be doing most I could probably give more advice. But anyways its a viable build so have fun.

6. danc133

danc133 IncGamers Member

It's not a good idea mixing FoF and Dtail bcuz fof converts physical to fire so actually lessens the damage of dtail.

7. VoDoo_X

VoDoo_X IncGamers Member

So What skills to max?

8. VoDoo_X

VoDoo_X IncGamers Member

Finaly a person that posted something interesting :D.

9. Anidem

Anidem Banned

Stick with dragon talon, avoid TS, and can ne confirm the Fade DR bonus?

10. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

Fade DR is there its confirmed.

I would agree with the no FoF for PvP. I don't know many people that will hack it out with you that you would have any sort of advantage with and the elemental attacks require charge ups to do their damage, and the damage isn't that great. Also remember that fire damage isn't leechable. *

IAS probably isn't needed with this setup since you have well over 100 IAS. Here's the IAS tables for Assassins in case you are thinking about equipment and skill points: http://www.diabloii.net/characters/assassin/ias.shtml. I"m not sure if they are old. If they are Nali will know where the new ones are.

It appears the elemental charge ups are much slower with C/S setups. Something for you to look at when making this decision as well.

I think people forget about maxing DF for PvP. Even with the timer on it, its invaluable. Many people swear by DF, then quickly going into a DTalon attack. Those attacks are so quick that they tend to keep the other person from being able to do much.

With your spare points some ideas:

1. Points into Shadow Tree, equip two +3 Shadow skill claws on weapon switch. This would boost Venom and Cloak of Shadows. CoS, is not only annoying, but drastically increases your Defensive rating and reduces the targets. At high levels you'll only have to hit em with this once, but you'll see some very interesting results. Venom is additional damage added to your melee attacks that is cast and forget so its not a bad option. MB might also be situationally good.

2. Traps... I know that you already have one. But this would be more of a hybrid. People already like 1pt in WoF, why not max it and something else. You'll still be doing more damage with kicks, but instead be using WoF for some damage. I think WoF hits pretty well and if you are going to cast it any way for the deversion, why not have it do a little damage. Again, most people don't expect PvP Assassins to be doing decent fire damage.

One point in Blade Shield might not be bad either, with only a few (one with +skills) points in BS you'll get enough time not to have to recast it during a fight. Especially if you are using CoS to help with the AR. This is a little extra damage, and every bit helps.

3. MA... I don't think any of the MA skills give you the ability to go toe to toe with any bruisers. Cobra Strike is a lot of leech, especially with TS, but those (TS and CS) are a lot of weanie strikes that don't do much damage to charge up those skills. I'm not sure what's legal these days in PvP, but something that cast Decryptify on your opponent would sure be nice. Everyone in PvP melee will be striving for the last break points on their IAS tables and at 7 frames per attack I'm not sure how you'll match up. I still like DF and DTalon, but the rest are just too hard to use in PvP where charging up things isn't really an option and the damage(reward) for charging these attacks up isn't nearly high enough.

* Caveat here would be that you might surprise someone who is changing gear thinking that you would be all physical and/or lightning damage and catch them without a strong Fire Damage defense. Try to charge FoF on minions if possible, then drop in with a nasty all fire DF. Still remember that they'd really have to get below 50 resistance to fire for this to be the case. Physical is still better if you have any leech at all, since there is a 50% PDR cap.

11. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

AFAIK, they're still applicable for 1.10.

12. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Being creative won't give you any kills. pvp now is either trapper , WW sin or kicker.

Also , you call WW sins lame , yet you want a sin who uses just about a whole dupe equipment. That's contradictive if you ask me.